Best announcement ever

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
    GTHC

Hey Mr. Carter
    Tell me where have you been
    They been asking they been searching
    They been wondering why.

BOOM!!! Capel continues to roll.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Welcome to the family, Wendell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Hey Mr. Carter
    They been wondering why.

Coach K continues to roll also. Now we have Trent and Carter to recruit Mr. Knox and Mr. Coleman. Then we focus on Bamba.
    The Terrapin Assassin

He chooses Duke University? I was just getting used to the University of Duke...

He is very active, and cleans up messes on both ends of the court. He will blend in really well ... with the 3 scholarship players that we will have returning.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Hey Mr. Carter
    They been wondering why.

Don't minimize or forget the fact that the head coach--and by far the most important person associated with Duke Basketball--is Mike Krzyzewski.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Is he gonna show up in the Ferrari? If so, it needs a new paint job.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Very excited - he seems like exactly our type and will be a great addition. Now let's just make sure there are no leg, foot or ankle injuries. And I learned something new today - it is Wen-Dell (like the computer), not Wen-dull (like Roy)

Happy Thanksgiving! Welcome to Duke, Wendell! We on the EK Board look forward to debating your potential minutes, hope to never have a vigil in your honor and look forward to you joining the recruiting effort for your fellow classmates.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    not Wen-dull (like Roy)
    That post is gonna be hard to beat today.

Finally! So now his signature on my hat that I got over a year and a half ago is valid. I have sweated out being a jinx all that time
    😯

ricks

Great way to start the day. He will be a great fit.

Biiiiiiig fan of carter. Two way player. Has a middie. Developed body. Amazing get.

Capel - you're a stud! Please don't leave Duke.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Carter might be the post player with the highest upside Duke has ever recruited. He is BIG - 6'10," 250-260 pounds (but not considered flabby) with long arms - a 7'5" wingspan (Chase Jeter, for comparison is 6'10" with a 7'1.5" wingspan). He can play with his back to the basket, makes hook shots with both arms, or he can step out to make a jump shot from the midrange. He has been known to make 3 point shots in EYBL and for the US National Team. While he is quick, he doesn't have that overwhelming explosiveness that might have propelled him to the #1 recruiting ranking. Still, he is noted for a high basketball IQ and plays with intensity on both sides of the court. The kid had an NBA ready body a couple of years ago. I think he's going to be extremely successful in college, the focal point of the Duke offense, and has the potential for a very successful career in basketball and in life.

Welcome! Thanks for joining the family. Looking forward to seeing you play in a Duke uniform. (No injuries, please.)
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Welcome to Duke, Wendell!

Seems like a grounded guy with a good family. Values education. Makes a whole lot of sense that he'd pick Duke.

- Chillin

Welcome to the family... !!!!!!! Great announcement...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Having watched Wendell play probably a dozen times over the past 3 years, here are some things beyond the obvious that I know Duke fans will love about his game:

- Even playing against much inferior competition, he doesn't force things. He keeps his teammates involved and let's the game flow through him and around him.

- He has excellent form and touch on his shot. Not suggesting he'll step in shooting 3s like a Laetner or Ferry his freshman year, but he can shoot the 3 and will be very solid with midrange jumpers and from the foul line.

- He's a skilled ball handler and likes to start the break. This doesn't always translate to college, but I predict it will for him and Coach will give him the freedom to grab a longer defensive rebound and push to halfcourt with a couple of dribbles before finding Luke, Frank or Gary in motion.

Welcome to Duke, Wendell! It may only be for 1 year but you can come back for your degree like many have done, and you'll part of the Duke family forever.