Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.
    Wow i just blasted that on my bose .quite impresive .i saw them right after they turned to starship from Jefferson starship in 84/ 85.mickey Thomas was no slouch either .they sung sara before it hit the airwaves(quaterflash opened for them) .brought back some good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard.
    Grace Slick — one of my all-time crushes. Though I wasn’t yet born when she was in her heyday, I was immediately smitten as a young teen when I first found out about her. And ‘White Rabbit’...wow. What a truly great song. Have you watched the original video? Fantastic.

https://youtu.be/WANNqr-vcx0

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Grace Slick — one of my all-time crushes. Though I wasn’t yet born when she was in her heyday, I was immediately smitten as a young teen when I first found out about her. And ‘White Rabbit’...wow. What a truly great song. Have you watched the original video? Fantastic.

https://youtu.be/WANNqr-vcx0
    Agree. Although my favorite two songs from JA are “Today” and “Coming Back to Me” - both sung by Marty Balin I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Grace Slick — one of my all-time crushes.
    If you haven't read the Longmire books, by Craig Johnson, you at least need to read The Western Star. I think Johnson had a crush on Slick as well. Of course, in order for you to "get" Walt Longmire, you need to start from the beginning and read the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    If you haven't read the Longmire books, by Craig Johnson, you at least need to read The Western Star. I think Johnson had a crush on Slick as well. Of course, in order for you to "get" Walt Longmire, you need to start from the beginning and read the whole series.
    The Longmire books are good fun. The TV series was also enjoyable (once you get past the idea that this tiny county in Wyoming seems to have a higher per capital murder rate than Chicago).

Surprised not to see The Velvet Underground in this thread. Their sound was so unique, and their incredible influence on the punk rock and alternative movements is undeniable. For me, “Rock and Roll” is a all-time top five favorite track. Crank this one up when you play it and feel that awesome baseline. Enjoy!

“Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Don’t know where else to post this, but my avatar (the third verse of Grey Street) got liberated today after an 18-year hiatus:

https://twitter.com/concertvids34/st...320283652?s=21

I still feel like kicking out all the windows, though.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."