Welcome to Duke, Gary Trent, Jr!

Welcome to the family, young man. It was great to hear your reasons for picking Duke. Also, you looked great in the black fedora, but even better in the white Duke cap.

Hopefully your pal Wendell wants to join you.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Calling Mr. Carter!!!

The Apple Valley connection comes through again!

Welcome young man! Great choice! Can't wait to see you in true blue!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Love this player. Very NBA-Esque game. Huge body too, and shockingly well developed already.

Really interesting for next year. Trent's commitment basically confirms Grayson's plan to leave. We have Luke, possibly (and probably) Jackson, and Trent. Coupled with a PG (Coleman, Makai, etc) and that's an excellent backcourt. Who do you sit between Like, Jackson, and Trent? Tough call.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Welcome to the family!

FDD I think it's pretty well known that Grayson is graduating in three years and then leaving.

Do we expect Trent to be a possible OAD? He looks to have good size and a good build. Very excited for this commitment, even though almost everybody was predicting him to duke, I never feel comfortable about it until the actual announcement. Call it a mistrust of polls LOL.

Great news! Very exciting! Yay!

Great news! This naming a dorm after a recruit strategy is working really well (Giles and Trent, though I am likely dating myself as I think Trent has been closed for a while).

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Love this player. Very NBA-Esque game. Huge body too, and shockingly well developed already.

Really interesting for next year. Trent's commitment basically confirms Grayson's plan to leave. We have Luke, possibly (and probably) Jackson, and Trent. Coupled with a PG (Coleman, Makai, etc) and that's an excellent backcourt. Who do you sit between Like, Jackson, and Trent? Tough call.
    My guess is that the scenario you describe is probably not going to happen (where we have to sit one of Jackson/Luke/Trent). Two things:

1) For starters, it wouldn't shock me if Jackson left after this year, so we may not even face that decision at all.

2) But if you assume all 3 of those players are here next year, then my guess is we would sit the yet-to-be-named PG recruit you mentioned. None of the PGs we are in the running for are elite/locks to start. Coleman seems to be the most likely candidate, and he is ranked #32 in the RSCI. If Jackson is around, then my guess is he starts at PG with Luke/Trent on the wings

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Welcome to the family, young man. It was great to hear your reasons for picking Duke. Also, you looked great in the black fedora, but even better in the white Duke cap.

Hopefully your pal Wendell wants to join you.
    Kid has a very nice stroke. Like players that can shoot it!

Great news.

Trust the polls, I say. Trust the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Trust the polls, I say. Trust the polls.
    never again

Welcome to Duke. You are now part of our family. You made a great decision. I look forward to seeing you in Duke blue next season.

Baby Shaq of the MAC!!!

Welcome to Duke!!!

Great news, and welcome!

I remember watching Tyus and Jah's high school teams play each other their senior year. There was a freshman on Tyus' team who I was saying to myself by the end of the game "that kid is going to be a really really good basketball player."

Welcome to Duke Gary!