Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MBB (Exh.): Duke v. Augustana - Pre-Game and In-Game Thread (8:00)

Hey, there's a game tonight!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Thanks for starting a thread! There doesn't seem to be much interest in this game on the board, but having any Duke bball game to watch on a Friday night helps get me through a work day/week, exhibition or not! This one will be streaming on the watchESPN app, and mine worked well for the last game. I want to see this team continue to get better and more cohesive, even while Jayson and Harry are out. Some things I'll be noting tonight as I watch:

-How does Grayson best fit on this team? It seems it'll be quite a different role from last year, and Grayson needs to find his niche
    -Frank Jackson at point guard... defense to stop other PG's penetration? court vision? passing to the low post effectively?
    -Luke K the scoring machine: continue to be in attack mode, but under control... with slowish feet on defense, would like to see Luke play off his man a little to prevent penetration (although I know Coach doesn't love this approach)
    -continued low post prowess of Marques B. I was very impressed last game and looking to see Marques continue to dominate on the block
    -Amile, like Grayson, still needs to find his basketball role on this team. We know he's a team leader, but what's his role in the offense, and how will he best fit?
    -More Javin D! Loved the energy he brought last time and looking for that spark off the bench again tonight!
    -last but not least, I want to see Jack (the kangaroo) White get a dunk. Just because.

Enjoy the game!

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Looking forward to tonight. Sounds like Augusta has some good guards who can shoot. Can Duke shut those guys down, while not blowing other assignments for easy scores? That is what I'll be looking for. The Chase/Javin battle for minutes will also be interesting.

Just a heads up. I haven't watched it yet, but GoDuke has the first episode of Coach K's half-hour TV show available to view. I imagine the first episode will be a bit of a season preview.

Am I correct that the game is not on TV?

You are correct -- streaming only. Available on ESPN3/Watchespn.

TV

So it can be on TV, but you'll need to use ChromeCast or something similar!

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    You are correct -- streaming only. Available on ESPN3/Watchespn.
    Does this mean there won't be a WatchESPN replay of the game afterwards?

I see it listed

Did you look here?

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index#type/upcoming/

It's listed, at 8 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    -continued low post prowess of Marques B. I was very impressed last game and looking to see Marques continue to dominate on the block
    I'm not sure how much we'll learn watching Marques feast on much smaller players again. I'm waiting to see how he does against someone his own size (which won't happen against Augustana).

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    There was a replay of the Virginia State game, and I would imagine there will be one of this game as well.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    So it can be on TV, but you'll need to use ChromeCast or something similar!
    Mountain Devil streamed it to his dongle last time

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Quit talking dirty. 😈😎

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    There most certainly will be a replay. WatchESPN, or ESPN3, is a very, very solid platform. Nearly anything available to watch live is available on replay.

ESPN really worked a lot of kinks of their streaming services. If only they could fix Stephen A Smith...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Bad move

I heard he got third-degree burns from that.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    Thanks for starting a thread! There doesn't seem to be much interest in this game on the board, but having any Duke bball game to watch on a Friday night helps get me through a work day/week, exhibition or not! This one will be streaming on the watchESPN app, and mine worked well for the last game. I want to see this team continue to get better and more cohesive, even while Jayson and Harry are out. Some things I'll be noting tonight as I watch:

-How does Grayson best fit on this team? It seems it'll be quite a different role from last year, and Grayson needs to find his niche
    -Frank Jackson at point guard... defense to stop other PG's penetration? court vision? passing to the low post effectively?
    -Luke K the scoring machine: continue to be in attack mode, but under control... with slowish feet on defense, would like to see Luke play off his man a little to prevent penetration (although I know Coach doesn't love this approach)
    -Amile, like Grayson, still needs to find his basketball role on this team. We know he's a team leader, but what's his role in the offense, and how will he best fit?
    -More Javin D! Loved the energy he brought last time and looking for that spark off the bench again tonight!
    -last but not least, I want to see Jack (the kangaroo) White get a dunk. Just because.

Enjoy the game!
    I keep saying this -- Frank Jackson is no more a point guard on this team than Grayson Allen, Matt Jones or Luke Kennard. In fact, when it comes to setting up teammates and protecting the ball, Jones and Allen rate well ahead of Jackson at the moment. I do think he might be the best on-the-ball defender if the four guards (although Matt is clearly the best defender overall).

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    There most certainly will be a replay. WatchESPN, or ESPN3, is a very, very solid platform. Nearly anything available to watch live is available on replay.

ESPN really worked a lot of kinks of their streaming services. If only they could fix Stephen A Smith...
    twitter-mute-button.jpg
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

That happens at a certain age. To some. I'm told. By a friend and such.

I think that's a felony in 23 states.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Felony or not, these dongles are pretty neat. They turn a "dumb" TV into a "smart" TV for about $39. If we are so smart on this board, why didn't we dream up such a thing? And to think I started out to be a electrical engineer at Stanford. How much money did I miss out on? So I was really not smart. But, had I gone down that path, I might never have been interested in Duke basketball, and look at all I would have missed!!