Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 161
  1. #1

    Jack Sears Update

    Through nine games, the Duke-committed QB has completed 68 percent of his passes for 1,366 yards, with 22 TDs and zero interceptions.

    San Clemente is 7-2 heading into its last regular-season game.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Through nine games, the Duke-committed QB has completed 68 percent of his passes for 1,366 yards, with 22 TDs and zero interceptions.

    San Clemente is 7-2 heading into its last regular-season game.
    which would give him a 178 qb rating, which would put him at 4th overall, if he were playing in the ncaa.

    if's a big word, but it will be good to get him on campus.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    which would give him a 178 qb rating, which would put him at 4th overall, if he were playing in the ncaa.

    if's a big word, but it will be good to get him on campus.
    To compete with Daniel Jones who just received the ACC Rookie of the Week award for the second time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    greater New Orleans area

    meh

    not too bad a TD to INT ratio...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    not too bad a TD to INT ratio...
    Check your math. There is no ratio. You cannot divide by zero. He needs to throw his first INT for there to be an actual ratio.

    -Jason "quite impressive for Mr. Sears" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    To compete with Daniel Jones who just received the ACC Rookie of the Week award for the second time.
    I don't want to be a nervous Nellie, but I assume that the fact that there is a somewhat entrenched freshman quarterback in place will not make Sears waver on his commitment? When he initially committed he probably thought he would slide in right after Sirk and/or Boehme as either a true or redshirt freshman and Jones was likely not really on his radar.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I don't want to be a nervous Nellie, but I assume that the fact that there is a somewhat entrenched freshman quarterback in place will not make Sears waver on his commitment? When he initially committed he probably thought he would slide in right after Sirk and/or Boehme as either a true or redshirt freshman and Jones was likely not really on his radar.
    I have no inside knowledge, nor did I stay at any national hotel chains recently, but I'd guess Mr. Sears believes he's that good and can arrive in January, attend spring practice (and classes, too, of course, unlike some "athletes" at a local land grant college-cough) and compete for the starting QB position.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    San Clemente is 7-2 heading into its last regular-season game.
    San Clemente hosts undefeated Mission Viejo (9-0) this coming Friday night. Per Max Preps, Mission Viejo is ranked #4 in the state of California, while San Clemente is #55. Mission Viejo has a 2018 wide receiver, Austin Osborne, who Duke has offered.

    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...austin-osborne

    Win or lose, San Clemente will be headed to the play-offs but beating Mission Viejo would certainly be a feather in Jack Sears hat.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    San Clemente hosts undefeated Mission Viejo (9-0) this coming Friday night. Per Max Preps, Mission Viejo is ranked #4 in the state of California, while San Clemente is #55. Mission Viejo has a 2018 wide receiver, Austin Osborne, who Duke has offered.

    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...austin-osborne

    Win or lose, San Clemente will be headed to the play-offs but beating Mission Viejo would certainly be a feather in Jack Sears hat.
    We need an(other) Osborne at Duke!

    As for freshman quarterbacks, the ideal plan is for them is for them to red-shirt, even with a spring practice under his belt. If he's good enough to beat out Daniel Jones next fall, then we have an experienced backup with gobs of talent!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We need an(other) Osborne at Duke!

    As for freshman quarterbacks, the ideal plan is for them is for them to red-shirt, even with a spring practice under his belt. If he's good enough to beat out Daniel Jones next fall, then we have an experienced backup with gobs of talent!
    Agreed:

    220px-OzzyChangingHands02-20-2010.jpg

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We need an(other) Osborne at Duke!

    As for freshman quarterbacks, the ideal plan is for them is for them to red-shirt, even with a spring practice under his belt. If he's good enough to beat out Daniel Jones next fall, then we have an experienced backup with gobs of talent!
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Agreed:



    He spells Ozzie wrong and he spells Osborne wrong!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have no inside knowledge, nor did I stay at any national hotel chains recently, but I'd guess Mr. Sears believes he's that good and can arrive in January, attend spring practice (and classes, too, of course, unlike some "athletes" at a local land grant college-cough) and compete for the starting QB position.
    Yeah, this kid is coming in planning to win this job. It wouldn't shock me if he did.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

    -Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have no inside knowledge, nor did I stay at any national hotel chains recently, but I'd guess Mr. Sears believes he's that good and can arrive in January, attend spring practice (and classes, too, of course, unlike some "athletes" at a local land grant college-cough) and compete for the starting QB position.
    I think you may have confused the dump on the hump for a land grant school (or I'm missing your joke). UNC is more like a landfill grant school.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    I think you may have confused the dump on the hump for a land grant school (or I'm missing your joke). UNC is more like a landfill grant school.
    Easily done with the stench that regularly wafts into Raleigh from the dump you mention. Sorry.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We need an(other) Osborne at Duke!

    As for freshman quarterbacks, the ideal plan is for them is for them to red-shirt, even with a spring practice under his belt. If he's good enough to beat out Daniel Jones next fall, then we have an experienced backup with gobs of talent!
    Parker Boehme is a wildcard here. He will have another year of eligibility at Duke following this season. But I'm pretty sure he's on track to graduate next spring, which means he could transfer somewhere else and play right away as a grad student.

    I have no idea which way he's leaning. But I can see the appeal of the grad-student option at a lower-tier conference.

    If Boehme comes back, then Duke has three experienced QBs. And I believe Duke will give him the option of returning for a fifth year.

    Should Boehme not return, however, Duke would have only Jones, Sears and Harris. If Jones is clearly ahead of Sears and stays healthy for the entire season, then redshirting Sears makes sense, with Harris as the backup. That would separate Jones and Sears by two classes.

    But if Jones is injured or Sears is just too good to keep on the sidelines, then that equation changes.

    Cut walked this tightrope during Boehme's true freshman season, 2013. Anthony Boone and Brandon Connette took turns being the only healthy quarterback for much of the season. Boehme got lots of work in practice and dressed out with the understanding that he would play if anything happened to the starter. {Sirk was out with his first Achilles injury].

    Duke's luck held and Boehme never actually played, thus preserving a year of eligibility to the benefit of someone next season.

    I emphasize that I have no first-hand knowledge of how this will play out. Just speculation. But it could impact whether Sears redshirts next season.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    San Clemente finishes the regular season at 7-3 after being drubbed by 10-0 Mission Viejo 41-3 last night. Jack Sears, who did not throw an interception in the first nine games, was picked off twice:

    Sears was pressured often, and was on the move for most of the night. The Duke commit completed 16 of 24 passes for 118 yards and threw two interceptions.
    http://www.sanclementetimes.com/foot...-league-title/

    Despite the loss, Sears and the Tritons are headed to the play-offs.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    San Clemente defeats Chino Hills 36-13 in the 1st Round of the CIF-SS Division 2 play-offs:

    http://www.sanclementetimes.com/foot...d-playoff-win/

    The Tritons settled into a groove offensively in the second half, and they were powered by Sears. The senior Duke commit passed for 83 yards and two touchdowns and added 73 yards rushing over the final two quarters. Sears finished the night with a team-high 98 rushing yards and completed 11 of 17 passes for 201 yards.
    Next up is a road game against number one seed Heritage (11-0).
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Parker Boehme is a wildcard here. He will have another year of eligibility at Duke following this season. But I'm pretty sure he's on track to graduate next spring, which means he could transfer somewhere else and play right away as a grad student.

    I have no idea which way he's leaning. But I can see the appeal of the grad-student option at a lower-tier conference.

    If Boehme comes back, then Duke has three experienced QBs. And I believe Duke will give him the option of returning for a fifth year.

    Should Boehme not return, however, Duke would have only Jones, Sears and Harris. If Jones is clearly ahead of Sears and stays healthy for the entire season, then redshirting Sears makes sense, with Harris as the backup. That would separate Jones and Sears by two classes.

    But if Jones is injured or Sears is just too good to keep on the sidelines, then that equation changes.

    Cut walked this tightrope during Boehme's true freshman season, 2013. Anthony Boone and Brandon Connette took turns being the only healthy quarterback for much of the season. Boehme got lots of work in practice and dressed out with the understanding that he would play if anything happened to the starter. {Sirk was out with his first Achilles injury].

    Duke's luck held and Boehme never actually played, thus preserving a year of eligibility to the benefit of someone next season.

    I emphasize that I have no first-hand knowledge of how this will play out. Just speculation. But it could impact whether Sears redshirts next season.
    Jim would know much more, but during the Duke / UNC broadcast the announcers were also speculating that Sirk could still maybe get a redshirt and also return to Duke's QB mix next year?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Jim would know much more, but during the Duke / UNC broadcast the announcers were also speculating that Sirk could still maybe get a redshirt and also return to Duke's QB mix next year?
    I heard that but can't imagine he would want to do that since Jones (disregarding Sears for a moment) will clearly have the edge as starting QB...unless there's another degree
    Sirk can garner, I don't see why he'd want to stick around...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Duke drops Sears? Not much info yet, but is this due to Jones' success this year?

    Report: Duke drops 4-star QB commit Jack Sears
    http://www.thescore.com/news/1154581

Similar Threads

  1. RIP Dr. Jack
    By nmduke2001 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 04:49 PM
  2. Jack and Oz, well, just because...
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 11:25 AM
  3. Jack Reacher
    By Jim3k in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM
  4. roy doesn't know jack
    By BD80 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 04:27 PM
  5. 1M: Jack it Up!
    By dukejunkie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •