honyocks sighted in Massachusetts

https://apnews.com/article/armed-sta...12f56651f0dd11

Some feisty lads here, better top off the tank next time you head out for combat training! I especially like the philosophy that they don't recognize local laws but are not anti government. I guess that leaves some wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://apnews.com/article/armed-sta...12f56651f0dd11

Some feisty lads here, better top off the tank next time you head out for combat training! I especially like the philosophy that they don't recognize local laws but are not anti government. I guess that leaves some wiggle room.
    Maybe they had t received road trip preparedness training yet, that’s where they we’re headed.

All kinds out there.

Very strange story.

story gets more bizarre, reportedly the group was The Rise of the Moors...I'd link their site but it's sketchy...

story gets more bizarre, reportedly the group was The Rise of the Moors...I'd link their site but it's sketchy...
    I had never heard of that group or it’s beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I had never heard of that group or it’s beliefs.
    and we may never hear from them again...I have to admit, their demographics are not at all what I expected...all in all their foray to Maine was not a rousing success.

and we may never hear from them again...I have to admit, their demographics are not at all what I expected...all in all their foray to Maine was not a rousing success.
    I haven’t been following this closely, but the whole thing smacks of a publicity stunt to me. The “story” seems to be that they were traveling from the Providence area to Maine and ran out of gas about 10 miles north of Boston.

Google maps tells me that it is about 65 miles from Providence to Wakefield, MA. Either these guys foolishly forgot to fuel up before leaving or they were planning on running out of gas somewhere in Massachusetts.

One thing is certain, these guys weren’t reading the hypermiling thread on DBR!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    One of my friends, who lives in Wakefield, described the "woods of Wakefield" as a strip of trees that separates 128 (I-95 to you noobs) from a Market Basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    One of my friends, who lives in Wakefield, described the "woods of Wakefield" as a strip of trees that separates 128 (I-95 to you noobs) from a Market Basket.

I had to look it up. I figured it was somewhere between Danvers and Seabrook, not closer in than where I lived.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    I haven’t been following this closely, but the whole thing smacks of a publicity stunt to me. The “story” seems to be that they were traveling from the Providence area to Maine and ran out of gas about 10 miles north of Boston.

Google maps tells me that it is about 65 miles from Providence to Wakefield, MA. Either these guys foolishly forgot to fuel up before leaving or they were planning on running out of gas somewhere in Massachusetts.

One thing is certain, these guys weren’t reading the hypermiling thread on DBR!
    I think you will find it is NOT a publicity stunt...they are a very strange group of hombres, and I'll leave it at that...not at all what I had envisioned when the story first broke.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gn/7858039002/

further info on this rather unusual bunch of guys.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...gn/7858039002/

further info on this rather unusual bunch of guys.
    Wow, had never heard of this group/movement (and I've read up on a lot of "interesting" groups out there). From the article
    J.J. MacNab, a fellow at the George Washington University's Program on Extremism, described the larger Moorish sovereign movement as "'salad bar' group."

"Different factions and leaders cobble together bits and pieces from a variety of sources and craft their own legal theories," MacNab wrote on Twitter, saying they rely on beliefs from "Moorish Science Temple, Black Hebrew Israelism, Nation of Islam, UFO theories, phony Native American tribes, and the pseudo-legal arguments crafted by white supremacist 'patriot' groups in the 1970s."
    That is quite some syncretism they got going on there!!
    A text without a context is a pretext.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Wow, had never heard of this group/movement (and I've read up on a lot of "interesting" groups out there). From the article

indeed...glad they've been under the radar, and I hope they don't take any more road trips. Very bizarre bunch.

indeed...glad they've been under the radar, and I hope they don't take any more road trips. Very bizarre bunch.
    Group from Texas road tripped to Philly over the weekend, apparently. Didn’t go well.

I think you will find it is NOT a publicity stunt...they are a very strange group of hombres, and I'll leave it at that...not at all what I had envisioned when the story first broke.
    Good point. The term “publicity stunt” implies something more rationale and/or benign than what these guys were probably up to.

That being said, I suspect that stopping “to refuel” in Massachusetts, less than 75 miles from where they departed, and encounter the police may have been their plan all along. Otherwise, I can’t understand why a group of guys who were trying to avoid stopping for gas didn’t appear to leave with a full tank of gas.

Edit- I just read that a bunch of the guys were from NY. It makes much more sense to refuel in MA if they were driving from NY and not Providence. Maybe this encounter wasn’t entirely planned.
    Last edited by House P; 07-04-2021 at 05:35 PM.

court did not go well

https://www.providencejournal.com/st...rt/7873865002/

The bizarreness continues as the Moors visit a Massachusetts court..

To mourn a mischief that is past and gone is the next way to draw new mischief on.

(Bostondevil, I surprised you didn't beat me to this)

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post

From the last paragraph you quoted - apparently, we can all get along.

(I'll see myself out.)