Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Maui

Update

After much more jawboning, Vividseats has now come through. i received an email on Friday confirming that my tickets will be hand delivered to me at the venue. Very grateful for that because the Xanax has just about run out. The tickets turned out, however, to be for Game 2 (our opener) only. i had purchased tickets for all three games and we finally arrived at a mutual understanding that all three would be "delivered locally". Yup, Yogi was a wise, wise man. Its not over 'til its over. Guess the Thorazine will have to do. ……………………………..
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Bump. This should be an awesome experience, and I hope to be there for it! If anyone has a lead on two tickets for the Duke games, please DM me. I did purchase two Auburn booster packages at what appeared to be close to face value in the hope that Duke and Auburn both win their first games. So, WAR EAGLEEEEEEE, whatever the heck that means.

(Someone did offer me 3 tickets for $2K. I appreciate that person's reaching out and am aware that tickets at ridiculously high prices are occasionally available online.)

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Is this tournament really taking place in two weeks?

I am posting with an appeal to the board. I would love to purchase Duke booster package Maui tickets (up to 4 of them). If there are any DBR-ers with spare tickets that you need to dispose of, please DM me. Any leads would be much appreciated. If not, feel free to stop reading this post.

The background: I arranged for accommodations in Maui more than a year ago in anticipation of this tournament. When tickets went on sale through Duke, I was disappointed to learn that they could only be purchased as part of larger travel packages. I dutifully went to the Maui Invitational website in early August to try to purchase tickets the minute tickets went on sale to the general public, and those packages either completely sold out before being made available to the public, or were snapped up within seconds of going on sale.

I have been in periodic contact with the Iron Dukes office (I'm an Iron Duke) since February to check on whether there has been any update about standalone tickets. I am on the waitlist for four tickets. The Iron Dukes office has been extremely responsive, which I very much appreciate, but they still haven't been allocated any more standalone tickets from the tournament organizers.

Last week, I reached out to the tournament directly, and it does not sound as though any more tickets will be made available to the schools. (The person who emailed me said that there may be single game tickets that they'll offer for sale on Nov. 16, but those are "based on availability," and "will be EXTREMELY limited" (capitalization in original).

So, here I am. I'll be on Maui, but am now starting to worry that I won't be able to get tickets.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

For those not yet on Maui, the Westin hotel entrance is a messy construction zone but otherwise things there seem functional and normal.

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    For those not yet on Maui, the Westin hotel entrance is a messy construction zone but otherwise things there seem functional and normal.
    Anthony travel actually put us in the Hyatt. They said that the Westin didn’t have enough rooms due to the construction.

We’re spending the first half of our vacation at Wailea and headed to Lahaina on Sunday. We considered greeting the team at the airport but my wife didn’t want to make the 25 minute drive without knowing exactly when they would arrive. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Anthony travel actually put us in the Hyatt. They said that the Westin didn’t have enough rooms due to the construction.

We’re spending the first half of our vacation at Wailea and headed to Lahaina on Sunday. We considered greeting the team at the airport but my wife didn’t want to make the 25 minute drive without knowing exactly when they would arrive. Oh well.
    Flying there tomorrow can’t wait. As long as the team is there and the views out back aren’t impeded a little construction I can tolerate. Go Duke!

Bump. This should be an awesome experience, and I hope to be there for it! If anyone has a lead on two tickets for the Duke games, please DM me. I did purchase two Auburn booster packages at what appeared to be close to face value in the hope that Duke and Auburn both win their first games. So, WAR EAGLEEEEEEE, whatever the heck that means.

(Someone did offer me 3 tickets for $2K. I appreciate that person's reaching out and am aware that tickets at ridiculously high prices are occasionally available online.)
    I bought the Auburn booster pack from TicketsWest last week (they were still available). Auburn is ranked highly and Xavier is in a rebuilding year, so it was worth the gamble. Two Auburn booster packs cost less than a single Game 7 (or Game 2) ticket on the secondary market.

For anyone else looking for tickets, check the box office or TicketsWest immediately after Auburn wins. They didn't sell out of booster packs, so individual game tickets for Game 7 may be available. They will be releasing single game tickets for later round games based on outcomes of the prior games.

Edit: Individual tickets to Auburn's first game were on sale for $105 this morning. It looks like they sold quickly. All other first round games were sold out.

Duke and Auburn could also both lose their openers and meet in the consolation round.

Just covering all bases.

As an aside, if a team loses its first game and wins the next two, it finishes at fifth place, with a 2-1 mark. If a team wins its first game and loses the next two, it finishes in fourth place, with a 1-2 record.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke and Auburn could also both lose their openers and meet in the consolation round.

Just covering all bases.

As an aside, if a team loses its first game and wins the next two, it finishes at fifth place, with a 2-1 mark. If a team wins its first game and loses the next two, it finishes in fourth place, with a 1-2 record.
    Yes, Jim, I originally typed that scenario as well, but then decided to delete it, as there was no wood within knocking distance when I wrote my post! (Incidentally, the other thing about it is that I am an SDSU fan - even had SDSU football season tickets for a time during the Marshall Faulk era. So, I'll be OK with any Game 2 permutation involving Auburn.)

If I end up seeing only Auburn games, my ideal scenario for would be a Game 1 win, a semifinal loss vs. Duke in Round 2, and then 3rd/4th place game against Gonzaga or Arizona. Sean Miller, appearing for a limited time only!

In other news, my parents flew in from San Diego today on a flight with the SDSU team, so Duke Opponent #1 has arrived!
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

It’s official... Blue Devil has arrived 8056B397-BE25-4CD2-9727-FB416848129F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    It’s official... Blue Devil has arrived 8056B397-BE25-4CD2-9727-FB416848129F.jpg
    Isn't he supposed to have a long pipe in his mouth as he strides toward the shore?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Isn't he supposed to have a long pipe in his mouth as he strides toward the shore?
    Just ran into Chase Jeter. I asked if it would be weird playing his old team. He said “not weird at all.” I said we were sad to see him leave. He said that he missed Duke. “The school, not the team.” Seemed like a really nice kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Lol yup ...having grown up military and lived in the PI for a few years... I appreciate the MacArthur reference! I have a great video of the dingy sliding up the beach for the perfect beach landing. I just couldn’t figure how to easily post on mobile without YTube. Seeing teams everywhere... a lot of great talent for this tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I bought the Auburn booster pack from TicketsWest last week (they were still available). Auburn is ranked highly and Xavier is in a rebuilding year, so it was worth the gamble. Two Auburn booster packs cost less than a single Game 7 (or Game 2) ticket on the secondary market.

For anyone else looking for tickets, check the box office or TicketsWest immediately after Auburn wins. They didn't sell out of booster packs, so individual game tickets for Game 7 may be available. They will be releasing single game tickets for later round games based on outcomes of the prior games.

Edit: Individual tickets to Auburn's first game were on sale for $105 this morning. It looks like they sold quickly. All other first round games were sold out.
    Tomorrow morning at 7 AM standing room tickets will go on sale at the box office!! Probably 50 or more.
    Last edited by -jk; 11-19-2018 at 07:27 AM. Reason: fix quote tag

@Westwall- this is great information. Where did you hear that standing room only tickets will go on sale for Auburn tomorrow? Love to know so that I can have info on other games as well. Thanks in advance!

I bought the San Diego State package, so I have tickets to Monday's game, but no other Duke games. I'm looking to sell my other SDSU tickets (their other 2 games here) and hoping like all other Duke fans here to find tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Thanks,
    -Terri

Auburn is heating up from 3. What a great atmosphere in that arena!!!
    !

Xavier is a walking turnover machine. Auburn is playing good defense but not that good. The Musketeers have at least 13 turnovers with 17 minutes left to play.

Any idea how long there will be between games? Trying to plan my afternoon conference calls.
    Carolina delenda est

What is the time difference? What time (local time) did the first game begin?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    What is the time difference? What time (local time) did the first game begin?
    Auburn-Xavier tipped at 2:30P ET, so we’re looking at ~5:00P ET. Almost always a half hour between these tourney games.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Any idea how long there will be between games? Trying to plan my afternoon conference calls.
    I always think -- "30 minutes." Should start about 5PM ET?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013