Ryan Kelly back in the NBA

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly going to sign Ryan Kelly to a contract. They waived 7-3 Eddy Tavarez, known here as The Big Developmental because he has been a project for so long, to make room for Kelly. Hawks backup PF Mike Scott got hurt and may miss a month which is why the Hawks are bringing in Kelly.

Good for Ryan! Make the most of your chances, big fella!

-Jason "my bet is that Ryan won't see a ton of playing time. Mike Muscala will replace Scott in the rotation" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly going to sign Ryan Kelly to a contract. They waived 7-3 Eddy Tavarez, known here as The Big Developmental because he has been a project for so long, to make room for Kelly. Hawks backup PF Mike Scott got hurt and may miss a month which is why the Hawks are bringing in Kelly.

-Jason "my bet is that Ryan won't see a ton of playing time. Mike Muscala will replace Scott in the rotation" Evans
    If Ryan could regain the touch on his outside shooting he would guarantee himself a spot in the NBA for a long time to come. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to harness his shooting very well since turning pro. Kyle Singler is in a similar bind, but Kyle's defense and versatility are more of an asset for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    If Ryan could regain the touch on his outside shooting he would guarantee himself a spot in the NBA for a long time to come. Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to harness his shooting very well since turning pro. Kyle Singler is in a similar bind, but Kyle's defense and versatility are more of an asset for him.
    I believe Kyle Singler will have a much better year this year than last, but I would have to say that Kyle's biggest asset is a five-year $25 million contract that lasts through 2020.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

As a fellow Hawks fan, I'm happy for this development. I actually think the Hawk's offense could be a perfect fit for him if he is able to get his shooting touch back. We generally have good floor-spacing and I would imagine he will be able to get good looks from range a little more consistently than he did when he was on a completely dysfunctional Lakers team.
    Who needs a moral victory when you can have a real one?

By the way, the Kelly signing with the Hawks has been confirmed, no longer a report. In fact, Ryan just tweeted the following:

@RyanKelly34 29m29 minutes ago
    Feeling blessed and extremely excited about this new beginning! Let's get this win tonight @ATLHawks!!!!
    Meanwhile, also on Ryan's twitter feed is this cute footage of Ryan back at Cameron a couple days ago... with his baby boy sitting in his lap.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

They waived 7-3 Eddy Tavarez, known here as The Big Developmental because he has been a project for so long

I thought Geoff Crompton was The Big Developmental....??...

Go Ryan, go Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Go Ryan, go Hawks!
    So does that give us 20 in the NBA - a Duke record?