Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Old Roy

Poor Old Roy

“It was a wonderful crowd. Gosh. I'd like to play in front of a crowd like that in the Smith Center every night other than the frickin' Duke game."

Bless his heart; he just can't seem to find the players and/or the fans who share his enthusiasm for unc. Gosh darn frickin fans at the Dean Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post
    “It was a wonderful crowd. Gosh. I'd like to play in front of a crowd like that in the Smith Center every night other than the frickin' Duke game."

Bless his heart; he just can't seem to find the players and/or the fans who share his enthusiasm for unc. Gosh darn frickin fans at the Dean Dome.
    Link? If so, this is absolutely fantastic.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post

Ol Roy's bus needs new tires.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post

- Chillin
    I thought the same thing when I read this a few minutes ago. If he really said this, it's amazing he'd insult the t*rh**l faithful like that. Of course, we insult them on multiple levels here on an hourly basis (or, in my case, even more frequently ).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Ol Roy's bus needs new tires.
    I'm not sure his bus fleet is large enough to throw that many people under it/them.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

- Chillin
    I tried to find video last night, but the recording of the press conference on the Tar Heel site didn't include it. It was reported by Andrew Carter on Twitter last night. It turns out he wrote an article in the N&O about it published today.

Brice Johnson ‏@bjohnson_23 11h11 hours ago
    Everyone coming up with reasons for the lost but it's plain and simple they out played us, especially the first half! Can't happen!

Then, in respone to Roy's "Frickin Duke game" tweet

Maybe y'all will rearrange the seating now? Move the students from in the upper deck to closer to the court!

Brice Johnson ‏@bjohnson_23 10h10 hours ago
    I love our fans to death but it shouldn't take just a dunk or duke coming into town for y'all to be going crazy!!

If y'all didn't know Carolina is called the "wine and cheese crowd" I don't know about y'all but that's embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I tried to find video last night, but the recording of the press conference on the Tar Heel site didn't include it. It was reported by Andrew Carter on Twitter last night. It turns out he wrote an article in the N&O about it published today.
    I loved this comment on the article you linked, could be almost any poster here:

Mike Chandler · Statesville, North Carolina
    Thin-skinned, petty, and self-absorbed, Ol' Roy cannot help but again take a swipe at his own fans and point out how the fans should be working harder to make Roy's million-dollar job easier for Ol' Roy Williams.

Home crowd not loud enough? Maybe UNC could go back to pumping in fake crowd noise over the PA in the Smith Center like they used to do. They seem to like "fake" over there on the Hill. Maybe the crowd has wised up that they have been sold a fake product over the years: hoops played by fake students who took fake classes to stay eligible, all played against a backdrop of fake crowd noise and a fake "Carolina Way." At Carolina, its all about keeping up appearances. To Seem Rather Than To Be.

UNC fans, wake up: You may love and respect your basketball coach, but he sure doesnt love or respect you. He will, however, accept your cash and donations. After all, its hard being Ol' Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Everyone coming up with reasons for the lost but it's plain and simple they out played us, especially the first half! Can't happen!

Maybe y'all will rearrange the seating now? Move the students from in the upper deck to closer to the court!

I love our fans to death but it shouldn't take just a dunk or duke coming into town for y'all to be going crazy!!

If y'all didn't know Carolina is called the "wine and cheese crowd" I don't know about y'all but that's embarrassing!
    Hey, Brice, welcome to the "Foot in Mouth Tweet Club." You have some famous company in that club, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Hey, Brice, welcome to the "Foot in Mouth Tweet Club." You have some famous company in that club, of course!
    He's also part of the "Foot in Groin Club", compliments of Mr. Winslow. At least a recipient of it!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    How did he put his foot in his mouth?

Those things seemed to flow pretty well from each other, and he's also right.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

He misspelled wine.

Of course the fans aren't showing up for Roy. Roy has more passion in Roy's pinky than those fans do. Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    It was all over SportsCenter last night with video of his comments. Should be easy to find. SVP also did a segment on it.

Here is the ESPN print story which references it:

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/116606/at-indiana-big-wins-now-business-as-usual

I thought the Dean Dome crowd laid low b/c they didn't want to get hit as Roy fired his BB gun into the crowd at opposing fans.

- Chillin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym3SDQhxWis

It's pretty much right at the start about 25 seconds in. Right after he rips his team for not showing up like Indiana did at the start.

- Chillin

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...118129703.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I thought the Dean Dome crowd laid low b/c they didn't want to get hit as Roy fired his BB gun into the crowd at opposing fans.
    Or thrown under his bus.

I've disliked all ACC expansion starting with FSU, but Sam Cassell's truth-telling helps make up for it.

I didn't realize his quote was after FSU's first-ever ACC hoops game; and per this 1993 article, his quote was actually "cheese and wine".

“This is like a cheese and wine crowd here” …

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-fsu-tar-heels

"Frickin'"...I didn't know that anyone - other than reality TV show "stars" - used that term.