Duke Video Commemorating 2015 National Championship Season

With just 5 days until Countdown to Craziness, 11 days until our first exhibition game, and only 25 days until our season opener, I wanted to share a video I finished up several months ago that I made for the 2015 National Championship Season. My apologies in advance for it being so long (there was just wayyyyy too many good games that season). Watching the video gets me hyped up for this season and what I hope we will be able to accomplish! I'd love any sort of feedback from you guys as well as constructive criticism, as it was the first time I have ever made a video using legitimate video editing software. And feel free to share with as many people as you'd like. If the new @DukeMBB could share it as well... well that'd just make my year!!!!

Hope you all enjoy it!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Vyia7UkO0

I believe the chant at the opening (once heroically led by our own blazindw for USA) was perfect!

-jk

Thanks, it was a great look back at that team. It is easy to forget how athletic JW was and how big Tyus's stones were. I did forget that the opponents never scored on us all year.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsince1977 View Post
    Thanks, it was a great look back at that team. It is easy to forget how athletic JW was and how big Tyus's stones were. I did forget that the opponents never scored on us all year.
    That would be difficulty to forget. Like, you would have to have some sort of memory disorder. When I think of Winslow, I immediately think of how athletic and good looking he was/is.

WOW... just amazing video compilation of the year. Great job!!! THANKS...

I'd really appreciate seeing this for the 2010 season...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    WOW... just amazing video compilation of the year. Great job!!! THANKS...

I'd really appreciate seeing this for the 2010 season...
    Thanks so much! Love all the positive feedback so far. I can definitely look into the archives to see if any good videos exist from the 2010 season to make one for that championship team. Because I loved that team too. Also really really really really hoping I can make another one this year... just saying haha

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I believe the chant at the opening (once heroically led by our own blazindw for USA) was perfect!

-jk
    Thanks! I was struggling for a bit on how to open the video and that just seemed like the perfect idea. Glad you approve! :-)

That opening chant... and how you incorporated ALL of the commentary throughout the video... fantastic.

I hope you can find the time and the video clips for the 2010 team. 2010 was probably my favorite, especially since they were "alarmingly unathletic" and NEVER picked to go all the way. (sorry for being so "demanding", but you did such a good job for 2015)

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    That opening chant... and how you incorporated ALL of the commentary throughout the video... fantastic.

I hope you can find the time and the video clips for the 2010 team. 2010 was probably my favorite, especially since they were "alarmingly unathletic" and NEVER picked to go all the way. (sorry for being so "demanding", but you did such a good job for 2015)

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    Thank you so much for the kind words! Always nice to hear people appreciate the little things. I agree with you, that 2010 team was probably my favorite team. Even though we had the People's Champ, all anyone talked about was how unathletic Jon Scheyer was and how we didn't have a traditional point guard. Personally, I loved them, and I loved the 4-5 tandem of LT and Z. I just remember people saying Cal was gonna give us fits in the 2nd round, and there was no way we were going to get past Baylor in the Elite Eight. Then we somehow had it easy "only" having to play Butler in the National Championship. The same Butler that disposed of No. 1 seed Syracuse (who was 30-4) in the Sweet 16, No. 2 seed Kansas St in the Elite Eight, and Michigan State in the Final Four. I always felt like that 2010 Duke team never got any respect. Even today, they're considered one of Coach K's "weakest" teams to win a Championship. One of my favorite moments was the dismantling of No. 2 West Virginia (who was 31-6) in the Final Four by 21 points, less than a week after that same West Virginia team beat No. 1 Kentucky who was 35-2 and boasted a roster featuring John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, and DeMarcus Cousins. We shouldn't have beaten Baylor who was so much more athletic... but we did. We shouldn't have beaten West Virginia who had just beaten Kentucky... but we did. And we beat Butler when no other top seed had figured out a way to do so. That's why I loved that team and always will.

Trust me, you aren't being demanding at all! I never made a video from 2010 because back then I didn't have the necessary skills to do so haha. I already started combing through the archives for video clips to make a video. So I'm going to make one... it just might take a little bit of time. Sorry haha

Quote Originally Posted by atoomer0881 View Post
    Thank you so much for the kind words! Always nice to hear people appreciate the little things. I agree with you, that 2010 team was probably my favorite team. Even though we had the People's Champ, all anyone talked about was how unathletic Jon Scheyer was and how we didn't have a traditional point guard. Personally, I loved them, and I loved the 4-5 tandem of LT and Z. I just remember people saying Cal was gonna give us fits in the 2nd round, and there was no way we were going to get past Baylor in the Elite Eight. Then we somehow had it easy "only" having to play Butler in the National Championship. The same Butler that disposed of No. 1 seed Syracuse (who was 30-4) in the Sweet 16, No. 2 seed Kansas St in the Elite Eight, and Michigan State in the Final Four. I always felt like that 2010 Duke team never got any respect. Even today, they're considered one of Coach K's "weakest" teams to win a Championship. One of my favorite moments was the dismantling of No. 2 West Virginia (who was 31-6) in the Final Four by 21 points, less than a week after that same West Virginia team beat No. 1 Kentucky who was 35-2 and boasted a roster featuring John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, and DeMarcus Cousins. We shouldn't have beaten Baylor who was so much more athletic... but we did. We shouldn't have beaten West Virginia who had just beaten Kentucky... but we did. And we beat Butler when no other top seed had figured out a way to do so. That's why I loved that team and always will.

Trust me, you aren't being demanding at all! I never made a video from 2010 because back then I didn't have the necessary skills to do so haha. I already started combing through the archives for video clips to make a video. So I'm going to make one... it just might take a little bit of time. Sorry haha
    From 2010, the West Virginia win was incredible. Of course beating Butler like that was electrifying. From that underrated Butler team, I believe what Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, and Brad Stevens have shown in the NBA tells you they were legit. When we played them for the Natty, they were on a winning streak since something like December 2009.

And while you're at it - make 2001 too! What an incredible team that was with all the Maryland miracle wins, winning it all after Boozer breaking his foot so late, clobbering UNC. Pure elation from Battier with all his dedication culminating in a Natty over an outstanding Arizona team. Jason Williams was sick. See what you've gotten yourself into here. (Kidding (sort of) - I super appreciate the 2015 video, and anything else you do like 2010 would be equally appreciated).

"I believe the chant at the opening (once heroically led by our own blazindw for USA) was perfect!"

i am not familiar with that chant. have not been in Cameron since i graduated decades ago. what is being said?

Thumbs up WOW!

Wow, what an amazing video!! GREAT JOB!! I absolutely loved the video.

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Excellent work on the look back at our last championship season!! Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it!

Finally watched this. Really great work! Will send it around to interested parties for sure. Megasporks for you, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    From 2010, the West Virginia win was incredible. Of course beating Butler like that was electrifying. From that underrated Butler team, I believe what Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, and Brad Stevens have shown in the NBA tells you they were legit. When we played them for the Natty, they were on a winning streak since something like December 2009.

And while you're at it - make 2001 too! What an incredible team that was with all the Maryland miracle wins, winning it all after Boozer breaking his foot so late, clobbering UNC. Pure elation from Battier with all his dedication culminating in a Natty over an outstanding Arizona team. Jason Williams was sick. See what you've gotten yourself into here. (Kidding (sort of) - I super appreciate the 2015 video, and anything else you do like 2010 would be equally appreciated).
    So true about how legit Butler was. You are correct, they had been riding a 25 game win streak that started in December. And yea, 2001 an awesome year as well. When Boozer went down, and Duhon was inserted into the starting lineup... it changed everything. Reminds me of what Jay Williams said about Coach K during that moment when he was on Redick's podcast back in March.

"It was the moment that changed the outlook on our season. We were all in the locker room and I was sitting next to Battier, and Duhon was on my right, and Dunleavy was next to him, and everybody had their heads down, right? And Shane was emotional that he loses senior night at home and all that kinda I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this., and next thing you know man, like Coach K comes in the door, and you know how he is J, when he starts ya know with that pacing, and his hands are clenched, right, he's making a fist. And he just has this zest that he's walking with, and you know without talking about the game that we just lost, without basking in that moment of frustration, he just kinda looks at all of us and he's like 'if you motherI'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ers listen to me, we are going to win a championship.' And it was one of those things where you're just like what, what the hell is coach talking about? We're gonna... we just lost our only center. Like how are we gonna win a championship? And he just went on to say, he said 'we're gonna play small ball. We're gonna play fast. You know Casey and Nick, you guys are gonna set screens and rebound. And Jason, Dun, you know Duhon, Battier, Nate, whenever you're in the game, I want you to shoot it. Let if fly. I want us to wear opponents down. We're gonna kick peoples' asses.' And it was just one of those things where like, wow. And sure enough man, we went into Carolina that next game. We beat Carolina for a share of the ACC regular season title. We win the ACC Tournament. And then, behold man, like we end up winning 6 games in a row, we win the NCAA Tournament, and we get Boozer back during the Final Four. But it was one of those things where you just, like at a moment when we were so down, and this is where he's so brilliant, he gets you to believe in something way bigger than you ever expected. And that's why he's a Hall of Fame coach man."
    - Jay Williams on Coach K

But now that you bring it up, I do see what I've done here. It appears we need a video for the 2010 team as well as the 2001 team. Any other way wouldn't be fair haha. It'll take some time, but I'm gonna try and make the videos for both of those teams. At least I know here they will be enjoyed and appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Wow, what an amazing video!! GREAT JOB!! I absolutely loved the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartDevil View Post
    Excellent work on the look back at our last championship season!! Thanks so much for putting it together and sharing it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Finally watched this. Really great work! Will send it around to interested parties for sure. Megasporks for you, my friend.
    Thank you so much for the kind words guys! I really appreciate it!!! I'm so happy you all love it. I'm really really hoping I'll get to do another one this year... fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    "I believe the chant at the opening (once heroically led by our own blazindw for USA) was perfect!"

i am not familiar with that chant. have not been in Cameron since i graduated decades ago. what is being said?
    They're chanting "I believe that we will win."

Great video! Here's another one thats really good!