Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stellllaaaaaaa!

Stellllaaaaaaa!

Here she comes!!!!

Staking the driveway markers this morning and making sure there are ample baking supplies. Maybe going to watch the ACC title game again as the storm rages. Then eat everything I baked.
    Always good to plan ahead.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Might be a good one here in MD. We're really close to the edge, though...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Here she comes!!!!

Staking the driveway markers this morning and making sure there are ample baking supplies. Maybe going to watch the ACC title game again as the storm rages. Then eat everything I baked.
    Always good to plan ahead.
    We woke up Sunday to over 4 inches at our place here in AVL. It was mostly gone by early afternoon. Don't think that scenario will happen where you are, however. Good luck.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    We woke up Sunday to over 4 inches at our place here in AVL. It was mostly gone by early afternoon. Don't think that scenario will happen where you are, however. Good luck.

ricks
    Yes, ours was rather overhyped. No issues getting anywhere.

I love that movie...

good grief....i thought this was about my 9 yr old daughter....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Y'all hunker down up there, and be safe, especially those along the coastline.

Here in NY we are getting prepared to hunker down as it is expected to start overnight tonight. If only it would wait until Thursday so it would be a good excuse to stay home from work and watch basketball! I recall as a kid having a snow day on the first Friday of the tournament and watching about 12 straight hours of basketball with a brief break for a snowball fight.

At least this is not about that not-very-good-in-a-green-bottle-InBev-pilsner.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

I was hoping it was about the awesome bottle shop here in W-S. Alas . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Might be a good one here in MD. We're really close to the edge, though...

-jk
    Man, jk, the cell service is horrible out here today! Tons of people on their phones, driving around being frantic. How about over there?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Blizzard warning here...with 18 to 24" predicted. Grocery stores are mobbed. UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Here in NY we are getting prepared to hunker down as it is expected to start overnight tonight. If only it would wait until Thursday so it would be a good excuse to stay home from work and watch basketball!
    While I concur, I also feel no excuse is necessary. (Well, to be fair, I'll be in the office Thursday. Friday my butt will be glued to a barstool from the first tip on. If the Duke game is even remotely competitive, I will get, shall we say, quite animated).
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Here in NY we are getting prepared to hunker down as it is expected to start overnight tonight. If only it would wait until Thursday so it would be a good excuse to stay home from work and watch basketball! I recall as a kid having a snow day on the first Friday of the tournament and watching about 12 straight hours of basketball with a brief break for a snowball fight.
    I am teaching tonight at Astor Place (St. John's) from 6:30-9:20. While nothing will happen til we're all asleep, I am letting the class out early.

Schools closed here tmw, as are SJU campuses.

Snow days are not as much fun at 64 as they were at 16...

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Blizzard warning here...with 18 to 24" predicted. Grocery stores are mobbed. UGH.
    Always like the world is ending. Geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

I'm okay with that beer...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Man, jk, the cell service is horrible out here today! Tons of people on their phones, driving around being frantic. How about over there?
    Just getting back to OT...

No cell issues today. We have a quarter inch or more on the grass and grill. Nothing yet on the roads.

Hoping for some sledding tomorrow. School's already been called...

-jk

Local news in Asheville sent reporters driving around Western NC this morning, looking for active snow events. I think we officially skirted this storm.

Good luck to our friends to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    also 18-24" or more here, did a nice beer and bacon run yesterday///coming down smartly now...good clean fun as long as you don't have to travel...

Turning to sleet and hail here in NYC. Very heavy to shovel. Just did my third of the morning between calls.

Slippery. Not fun even for the local kids.