Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I hate it when I do that
    Man me too, whenever it happens, I have to get that long stick and move the goal back up from the 8' level...

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Love the reaction from his teammates. He just brings out the positive in a team.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Love the reaction from his teammates. He just brings out the positive in a team.
    Can someone translate Jennings' reaction?

Singler!

A rare high scoring game form Kyle Singler on the Thunder. Last year continued his downward trend with Oklahoma but hopefully he can put a few games like this together. He might benefit from Duran'ts departure. Leading the team with 17 points on 5/9 and 4/6 3Ps.

Currently watching 3 Dukies in the Blazers-Lakers game. Feels good you'll end up catching at least 1 Dukie no matter what game you watch.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Lord have mercy... I can't believe what I just saw.

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Can someone translate Jennings' reaction?
    No, at least not in a family-oriented forum.

Nice night (morning) for Quinn

http://www.nba.com/games/20161012/HOUNOP#/boxscore

20 pts, 8 assists, only 1 TO vs. the Rockets in China (game just wrapped).

Rooting really hard for him to find a roster a la Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I've been watching a lot of Marshall as he's been getting plenty of PT in the preseason. This article makes it sound like he'll definitely be on the final roster which is incredible:

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/marsh...spot/205744770

He started the second preseason game against the Nets and he promptly picked up 4 fouls in about 4 minutes. I am not kidding. Even so, he looked good out there as ridiculous as that sounds. Brook Lopez was trying to punk him left and right and MP3 was having none of it...thus the fouls. In the immortal words of color man Clyde Frazier, "The rambunctious neophyte Plumlee needs to understand that the vet Lopez is going to get those calls every time". Also granted, the Nets are beyond depleted. But, against the Wizards the next game Marshall was in for basically the entire fourth quarter and had a vicious dunk in transition right in crunch time of a tight game - a game Lance won by drawing a foul and knocking down a FT with no time left on the clock. His hands, motor, passing, screening and boundless energy are all on full display. It is amazing to think that save for Amile getting hurt, he might be in the army right now.

Marshall

Imagine how good Marshall would have been if he'd had five years of big man coaching from Wojo!

Quinn!

Quinn with a big night. Leading scorer with 20 pts and 8 assists!

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899172

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post

I saw a tweet about it last night and was excited to post about it but then the nba.com box score showed him with a DNP. Waiting for the preseason to be over since League Pass and the box scores (according to the King himself) are also acting like it's preseason.

Anyway, excited I get to post a preseason highlight vid from Mr. DawkinsMTA himself of Quinn, showing he's getting some hype:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Sv...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post

Not to mention that it was in 21 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by huey View Post
    A rare high scoring game form Kyle Singler on the Thunder. Last year continued his downward trend with Oklahoma but hopefully he can put a few games like this together. He might benefit from Duran'ts departure. Leading the team with 17 points on 5/9 and 4/6 3Ps.

Currently watching 3 Dukies in the Blazers-Lakers game. Feels good you'll end up catching at least 1 Dukie no matter what game you watch.
    And by rare I meant a regular occurrence. Singler adding another 15 points on 5/6 3 point shooting. Would be great if he maintains this level of confidence into the regular season. I haven't been able to see any of the games, but the stats say he's doing well.

And by rare I meant a regular occurrence. Singler adding another 15 points on 5/6 3 point shooting. Would be great if he maintains this level of confidence into the regular season. I haven't been able to see any of the games, but the stats say he's doing well.
    Hey, I would love for Kyle to find a significant role on the Thunder this season, but preseason NBA stats are only a tiny, tiny bit more predictive than reports of Nick Horvath tearing it up in pick-up games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Alarmingly athletic

https://youtu.be/tZut8mlFuZs

Alarmingly athletic

https://youtu.be/tZut8mlFuZs
    I know we won the title the year after he left, but man, I would have loved to get one more year out of him at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    I know we won the title the year after he left, but man, I would have loved to get one more year out of him at Duke.
    And we didn't win a game in the NCAAs the year he was here.

Good player, but yeah I don't completely understand your comment. I would not want another year of Jabari, as I would not change a thing about 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    And we didn't win a game in the NCAAs the year he was here.

Good player, but yeah I don't completely understand your comment. I would not want another year of Jabari, as I would not change a thing about 2015.
    I liked him as a player and a representative of Duke and wish I could have seen more of him than just one year. This desire has nothing to do with reality and therefore doesn't impact our championship. In fact, in my fantasy, I get to see him play one more year and we still get to win the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    I liked him as a player and a representative of Duke and wish I could have seen more of him than just one year. This desire has nothing to do with reality and therefore doesn't impact our championship. In fact, in my fantasy, I get to see him play one more year and we still get to win the championship.
    In my fantasy, Duke wins every year. I am married to Kate Upton. I am a billionaire. And I eat nachos every day and don't gain any weight.

I love fantasies.

Going back to the subject, I too like Jabari and the way he presented Duke. But he was such a liability on the defensive end (even moreso than Jahlil).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club