Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If devildeac is wearing his kilt to the football game Saturday, someone please warn him about updrafts. No offense, but he's no Marylin Monroe.
    But I heard he has great legs...😥😈😎

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    But I heard he has great legs...😥😈😎
    But does he know how to use them?

And more importantly -- if you can answer that question, how do you know?

Just, you know -- asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "it may sound like I know what I am talking about, but I don't" Evans
    Lot of us fall in that category. Basically varying levels of guessing.

I can almost guarantee the actual track is going to be east of where the forecast is. The forecast is purposely skewed towards the highest concentration of people to get more compliance with evacuation goals.

In any event, my educated (to some degree) guess is that this thing is going to come scooting up the coast with the center staying between 30-50 miles offshore from Palm Beach all the way to Wilmington. The worst damage will happen in the Daytona Beach area, partly because of the timing of tides. I expect there will be a Weather Channel guy standing on the boardwalk in Daytona at sunrise if they aren't already there.

I don't believe any of the looping around and coming back to Florida plots and forecasts. I think it will go offshore somewhere between Charleston and Wilmington and head for Europe.

But does he know how to use them?

And more importantly -- if you can answer that question, how do you know?

Just, you know -- asking for a friend.
    And I know how to choose them...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Any opinion of what it will be like in Orlando. Some of my wife's brasillian family are there. You don't get these things in Brazil so the whole family is going crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Any opinion of what it will be like in Orlando. Some of my wife's brasillian family are there. You don't get these things in Brazil so the whole family is going crazy!
    Lots of wind but absolutely no possibility of a storm surge, where the worst damage occurs. Tree work and roof repairs would be my guess.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

They will get waves of serious thunderstorms from now until Friday afternoon. They will probably have a lot of trees blow down because the wind is going to blow from the North most of the time and the ground is going to get waterlogged.

Shouldn't be too much cause for concern unless it intensifies a lot over the next few hours. They'll lose power and might have some damage depending on roof type/condition, or if they haven't boarded/shuttered windows and there's debris around. According to the most recent Melbourne, FL advisory they'll receive Hurricane force winds, but I'd expect them to be on the low side and Florida homes are built for them. Just hope for no tornadoes. That - or living in a mobile home, or doing something stupid like going outside during a lull/touching downed power lines while scavenging for neat traffic light souvenirs - is where the real danger lies.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Yep been following this one. Track keeps edgeing more and more west. Prayers for all those in Haiti tonight.
    Devastation in Haiti unfortunately. Death toll currently at 264. I have friends trying to book flights now to get there as soon as possible to help. I also have a coworker who was born and raised in South Haiti. He was trying all day to get a report/status on family members there but just not possible yet. The pictures coming out so far are terrible. The last thing that Country needed...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

From The "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up"

So some idiot in South Carolina arose yesterday and got on the road evacuating. (You won't believe where this is headed and ends!)... He apparently loses patience with the pace of the traffic evacuating, and apparently disagrees with the State on the spot where police are redirecting the traffic along the evacuation route. So what does he do?? gets out of his car, moves the cones and takes off down the empty road in the direction police were not allowing cars to travel. But wait, there's more! The cops chase him and he eventually ends up on a dead end road so they have him trapped. What does this genius do? Gets out of his car, and starts shooting at the police officers! Who of course return fire. Dude made it through the night and then died this morning...

So you start your day evacuating due to a hurricane.... Its nuts! This is just one of the dumbest things I have read in my life. Unreal!

AND PLEASE NO COMMENTARY ON POLICY OR GUN CONTROL OR ANYTHING OF THE NATURE IN REPLIES!

You can read about it on CNN's main article covering Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    So some idiot in South Carolina arose yesterday and got on the road evacuating. (You won't believe where this is headed and ends!)... He apparently loses patience with the pace of the traffic evacuating, and apparently disagrees with the State on the spot where police are redirecting the traffic along the evacuation route. So what does he do?? gets out of his car, moves the cones and takes off down the empty road in the direction police were not allowing cars to travel. But wait, there's more! The cops chase him and he eventually ends up on a dead end road so they have him trapped. What does this genius do? Gets out of his car, and starts shooting at the police officers! Who of course return fire. Dude made it through the night and then died this morning...

So you start your day evacuating due to a hurricane... Its nuts! This is just one of the dumbest things I have read in my life. Unreal!

AND PLEASE NO COMMENTARY ON POLICY OR GUN CONTROL OR ANYTHING OF THE NATURE IN REPLIES!

You can read about it on CNN's main article covering Matthew.
    Darwin is real.

Darwin is real.
    Naturally.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Link to a live Reddit thread with lots of updates and good links:

https://www.reddit.com/live/xpidtdeqm42u/
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Darwin is real.
    Only if he hadn't yet reproduced. (Fingers crossed!)

If devildeac is wearing his kilt to the football game Saturday, someone please warn him about updrafts. No offense, but he's no Marylin Monroe.
    But is he at least a Willem Dafoe?

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Lot of us fall in that category. Basically varying levels of guessing.

I can almost guarantee the actual track is going to be east of where the forecast is. The forecast is purposely skewed towards the highest concentration of people to get more compliance with evacuation goals.

In any event, my educated (to some degree) guess is that this thing is going to come scooting up the coast with the center staying between 30-50 miles offshore from Palm Beach all the way to Wilmington. The worst damage will happen in the Daytona Beach area, partly because of the timing of tides. I expect there will be a Weather Channel guy standing on the boardwalk in Daytona at sunrise if they aren't already there.

I don't believe any of the looping around and coming back to Florida plots and forecasts. I think it will go offshore somewhere between Charleston and Wilmington and head for Europe.
    So far you are correct BW. Hoping for more easterly movement in the next 24 to spare HHI the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

But is he at least a Willem Dafoe?
    At least.

I am in Hillsboro Beach and relocated to a friend west of 95 to get off the beach. As it turns out I had no need to leave. This morning it is uvercast with 5 to 10 MPH breezes. The parking lot and the top over the carports for the building are bone dry. Matthew, in this area, was more bust than boom.

I am in Hillsboro Beach and relocated to a friend west of 95 to get off the beach. As it turns out I had no need to leave. This morning it is uvercast with 5 to 10 MPH breezes. The parking lot and the top over the carports for the building are bone dry. Matthew, in this area, was more bust than boom.
    Glad to hear.

Prayers for those in the line of the storm.

Glad to hear.

Prayers for those in the line of the storm.
    I'm still unclear as to the path of the storm. All that reassurance from yesterday that Matthew would slip off to the East seems a bit... optimistic right now.
    Let's go Duke!

New Florida weather terminology?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.