Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jones, Wilson honored by ACC

Last edited by Bob Green; 09-26-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Well-deserved! Thanks, Jim.

The recognition afforded Jones and Wilson makes me happy. Jones displayed a tremendous amount of talent and poise completing 75 percent of his passes, while the 96 yard kick-off return for a touchdown by Wilson turned momentum in Duke's favor. Both young men are well deserving of the award they received.
    Bob Green

I would've thought they'd find room to honor Breon Borders who was pretty terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I would've thought they'd find room to honor Breon Borders who was pretty terrific.
    Borders lost out to Jesse Bates of Wake Forest, who had two interceptions and eight tackles, returning one of the interceptions for a touchdown in a road win over Indiana.

FB: !!!!!!!

Please put "FB:" in a thread title if the post is not about basketball. I have no idea who Wilson is, but Jones is Matt Jones. Using the "FB:" prefiux will save us a couple clicks for those of us who are here for basketball only. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Please put "FB:" in a thread title if the post is not about basketball. I have no idea who Wilson is, but Jones is Matt Jones. Using the "FB:" prefiux will save us a couple clicks for those of us who are here for basketball only. Thanks!
    James Earl Jones and Woodrow Wilson were honored by the ACC this week . . .

God forbid that someone comes to the Duke BASKETBALL Report forum and expect that a thread be about basketball! How unreasonable.

Use common sense, folks. Why would the ACC honor basketball players in September?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    James Earl Jones and Woodrow Wilson were honored by the ACC this week . . .
    Olympic Fan may have some serious disagreement with the second choice there, IIRC.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    Use common sense, folks. Why would the ACC honor basketball players in September?
    Sure. Don't they give out the Iverson Practice Awards just about now?
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Another thread that exemplifies off season fandom. Only our message board could get cranky about a thread where Duke football players receive honors following the biggest FB win in recent memory.

LGD!

Can we put MBB in the thread title so we can keep them straight for those of us who care about more than just basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    Can we put MBB in the thread title so we can keep them straight for those of us who care about more than just basketball
    It should be noted that I shamefully started a thread announcing the Duke-Army starting time for 10-8 without specifying that I was talking about football. Because, gosh darnit, Duke could be playing Army in hoops on October 8.

But only if ESPN asks nicely.

But I take no responsibility for the thread entitle "We're No. 8", which does not specify which sport is under discussion.

And for the record, Duke has never had a men's basketball player with the Wilson surname. But that doesn't mean the ACC can't be proactive in this area. I commend the league for honoring a future Duke basketball player named Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It should be noted that I shamefully started a thread announcing the Duke-Army starting time for 10-8 without specifying that I was talking about football. Because, gosh darnit, Duke could be playing Army in hoops on October 8.

But only if ESPN asks nicely.

But I take no responsibility for the thread entitle "We're No. 8", which does not specify which sport is under discussion.

And for the record, Duke has never had a men's basketball player with the Wilson surname. But that doesn't mean the ACC can't be proactive in this area. I commend the league for honoring a future Duke basketball player named Wilson.
    Most Common American Surnames (1990 Census)

1. Smith: Check
    2. Johnson: Check
    3. Williams: Check
    4. Jones: Check
    5. Brown: Check
    6. Davis: Check
    7. Miller: Check
    8. Wilson: Nope
    9. Moore: Check
    10. Taylor: Check

How about that?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Woodrow Wilson
    Uh oh.

...anyone want to talk about Duke players' diets?

Quote Originally Posted by oakvillebluedevil View Post
    ...anyone want to talk about Duke players' diets?
    According to math, there are 423 Jabari bars per cinder block.

But you have to run a regression analysis first.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    But you have to run a regression analysis first.
    Would cooking them at a high altitude or in high humidity change the number of bars per cinder block?