Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I was watching it on Universal too. Not the last replay of the game this week:

Thursday 9/29, 8-10pm ET on Root Sports Southwest HD (U-Verse channel 1758)
    Friday 9/30, 2-5:30am ET on Universal HD (U-Verse channel 1105)
    Friday 9/30, 6:30-10am ET on Universal HD

Looks like Root Sports is showing a shorter version.
    Lindsey Nelson: "We now take you to further action in the 2nd quarter with Duke leading 28-21...".
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Universal showing the game agin right now. Halftime, Devils looking good. Hope we play strong in the second half!!!
    i watched the game again today as well.

A good time for a St. Crispins Day speech. Sirk out? Edwards out? Nay, we need no more men, we have more than we need...

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Looks like Root Sports is showing a shorter version.
    Here is the entire game in 27 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa6rjwG4eNI
    Bob Green

Cool piece by DeCock arguing that Notre Dame's loss to Duke moves them closer to joining the ACC in football, basically because now they don't have much to play for.

No news here and nothing groundbreaking. But it's interesting esp for those interested in expansion theories. He calls Notre Dame's current arrangement with the ACC "half-pregnant." He also alludes that Notre Dame may even be able to keep their NBC deal if they join the ACC. That current deal runs through 2025.

He suggests that ACC expansion to include Notre Dame could include Navy as a partner to get to 16. He says Navy is a natural Notre Dame rival and could get ACC back into DC market. Of course Texas would be better if the Big 12 implodes. I prefer ECU if Texas is not an option.

I doubt Notre Dame will join the ACC anytime soon, but I wish they would.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/s...105134701.html

I am interested (simply as an observer) in knowing how long NBC will pay megabucks to ND to show their football games. Is the large, traditional
    fan base sufficient to carry them through unscintillating seasons? Obviously ND doesn't want to share all that money, but how long will there
    be a Comcast/NBC gravy train?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I am interested (simply as an observer) in knowing how long NBC will pay megabucks to ND to show their football games. Is the large, traditional
    fan base sufficient to carry them through unscintillating seasons? Obviously ND doesn't want to share all that money, but how long will there
    be a Comcast/NBC gravy train?
    There have been lots of down years since NBC took over; I would guess that it's still making them money.
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There have been lots of down years since NBC took over; I would guess that it's still making them money.
    I have no doubt it's still making them money, especially considering the high hopes ND had for this season.
    I'm merely wondering what the TV ramifications will be if ND goes into a meaningful decline. I suspect
    they'll still merit a future contract, though a less lucrative one.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    He suggests that ACC expansion to include Notre Dame could include Navy as a partner to get to 16. He says Navy is a natural Notre Dame rival and could get ACC back into DC market. Of course Texas would be better if the Big 12 implodes. I prefer ECU if Texas is not an option.

I doubt Notre Dame will join the ACC anytime soon, but I wish they would.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/s...105134701.html
    I'd rather have ECU than Army or Texas not because of any disrespect to them, but ECU is in the traditional ACC area of the Southeast. Plus, Imagine a wonderful web of Duke/UNC/Wake/State/ECU fun.

Of course ECU isn't nearly as financially lucrative as Texas, but it might make for more heartfelt rivalry. if we keep dragging in schools from all over the place, we're not the ACC anymore.

Given the magnitude of this victory for the Duke football program, I hope we all find creative ways to keep this thread on the first page.

My contribution?

It was reported no one on Notre Dame was allowed to wear jersey #1 this weekend as the Duke loss knocked Notre Dame off the top spot in all time win percentage. That honor belongs to Michigan football (or did when this story was broken earlier this weekend).