Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 38, Notre Dame 35

Yeah.

Oh Lawd!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--

Sorry, sorry.

So, props to AJ Reed for drilling the kick. It was basically an extra point but execution under pressure is wonderful to see from him.

Wow! Wow! Makes up for a few basketball losses. Daniel Jones grew up big time today. What a game!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Yeah.
    IMG_1831.jpgHow bout them Devils!!!!!!!!!

Woooooowwwwwww

I am almost crazily jealous of the Duke folks who got to see this win in person!

Tell me this isn't an illusion.

A true team effort. Every single player had their moment or their opportunity to make a play, and everyone capitalized. Borders, Singleton, Saxton, Jones, Duncan, Wilson, and AJ Reed with his first career makeI'm a real wanker for saying this.— what a win!

(Sidebar: Cut may have implied in his post-game interview that DeVon's injury is season-ending — said something along the lines of "We lost Sirk, and now we've lost DeVon". Nothing official, but ominous nonetheless.)

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I am almost crazily jealous of the Duke folks who got to see this win in person!
    I was just about to express the same sentiment, KL! How 'bout those Blue Devils?!!! Pretty amazing and impressive win by our guys...now I know how fans feel when they upset us in basketball. Wow...what a win!

Awesome win. I was hoping this team would gradually improve and be able to pull off this type of upset in November. Cut and the team: "Screw gradual."

Wilson's kickoff return was such a momentum changer. Defense then stepped up with 3-and-out right away. And it became a ballgame.

Hoping Edwards' injury turns out to be minor but have a bad feeling.

Down 0-14 with Edwards hurt, things didn't look very good. We've found ourselves a quarterback, that's for sure.

boy, was that fun to watch. tuned in just in time to catch wilson's return for TD.

just splendid.

WILSON gets the game ball for the momentum-shifting kick return.
    And I'm pretty sure I just read the first chapter of The Legend of Daniel Jones.

I texted DD that I'm ready to send bail money if he gets arrested for going onto the field.

Amazing ... I thought preseason that there was a good chance Duke could be 2-2 at this point ... but I never would have guessed W-L-L-W.

A few notes explain why Duke did today what it couldn't do the last two weeks.

-- Just one turnover ... vs. three takeaways

-- Just one penalty for five yards

-- I don't have the exact number, but I'm pretty sure Duke has more explosives than Notre Dame

-- The offensive line, which had struggled, came of age today -- just one sack in 30-plus passes and 5.5 yards a rush for Duncan and Wilson.

I know this is not the greatest Notre Dame team, but it's still a quality win. As of right now, of the teams remaining on our schedule, I'd say only Louisville is out of our class.

Ah, we came so close to a perfect day ... the Cheats scored with :02 seconds left to beat Pitt in the final seconds.

Still, it's good enough.

Notre Dame coach hasn't come into the room for the press conference yet. How long does that usually take?

Never mind - he just came in. Started with congratulations to Duke.

What really impressed me was how our guys fought hard until the very end. Let's face it, after being down 2 touchdowns to the most storied college football program in history (in their stadium no less), the deficit could have taken the wind out of the sails of a more fragile (forgive the Italian there) team. I realize it's a cliche but the guys never gave up. I think we saw Daniel Jones take "the next step" in his maturation as a college QB today - a win like this has to be huge for his confidence. A big shout out and kudos to AJ Reed! There are so many more players to mention but I'm going to be lazy .

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Amazing ... I thought preseason that there was a good chance Duke could be 2-2 at this point ... but I never would have guessed W-L-L-W.

A few notes explain why Duke did today what it couldn't do the last two weeks.

-- Just one turnover ... vs. three takeaways

-- Just one penalty for five yards

-- I don't have the exact number, but I'm pretty sure Duke has more explosives than Notre Dame

-- The offensive line, which had struggled, came of age today -- just one sack in 30-plus passes and 5.5 yards a rush for Duncan and Wilson.

I know this is not the greatest Notre Dame team, but it's still a quality win. As of right now, of the teams remaining on our schedule, I'd say only Louisville is out of our class.

Ah, we came so close to a perfect day ... the Cheats scored with :02 seconds left to beat Pitt in the final seconds.

Still, it's good enough.
    I did not need to hear that last bit of news.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...I'm pretty sure I just read the first chapter of The Legend of Daniel Jones.
    That's Daniel Stones to the likes of us.