Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FB: Duke 38, Notre Dame 35

Yeah.

Oh Lawd!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--

Sorry, sorry.

So, props to AJ Reed for drilling the kick. It was basically an extra point but execution under pressure is wonderful to see from him.

Wow! Wow! Makes up for a few basketball losses. Daniel Jones grew up big time today. What a game!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Yeah.
    IMG_1831.jpgHow bout them Devils!!!!!!!!!

Woooooowwwwwww

Tell me this isn't an illusion.

A true team effort. Every single player had their moment or their opportunity to make a play, and everyone capitalized. Borders, Singleton, Saxton, Jones, Duncan, Wilson, and AJ Reed with his first career makeI'm a real wanker for saying this.— what a win!

(Sidebar: Cut may have implied in his post-game interview that DeVon's injury is season-ending — said something along the lines of "We lost Sirk, and now we've lost DeVon". Nothing official, but ominous nonetheless.)

Down 0-14 with Edwards hurt, things didn't look very good. We've found ourselves a quarterback, that's for sure.

boy, was that fun to watch. tuned in just in time to catch wilson's return for TD.

just splendid.

Amazing ... I thought preseason that there was a good chance Duke could be 2-2 at this point ... but I never would have guessed W-L-L-W.

A few notes explain why Duke did today what it couldn't do the last two weeks.

-- Just one turnover ... vs. three takeaways

-- Just one penalty for five yards

-- I don't have the exact number, but I'm pretty sure Duke has more explosives than Notre Dame

-- The offensive line, which had struggled, came of age today -- just one sack in 30-plus passes and 5.5 yards a rush for Duncan and Wilson.

I know this is not the greatest Notre Dame team, but it's still a quality win. As of right now, of the teams remaining on our schedule, I'd say only Louisville is out of our class.

Ah, we came so close to a perfect day ... the Cheats scored with :02 seconds left to beat Pitt in the final seconds.

Still, it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Amazing ... I thought preseason that there was a good chance Duke could be 2-2 at this point ... but I never would have guessed W-L-L-W.

A few notes explain why Duke did today what it couldn't do the last two weeks.

-- Just one turnover ... vs. three takeaways

-- Just one penalty for five yards

-- I don't have the exact number, but I'm pretty sure Duke has more explosives than Notre Dame

-- The offensive line, which had struggled, came of age today -- just one sack in 30-plus passes and 5.5 yards a rush for Duncan and Wilson.

I know this is not the greatest Notre Dame team, but it's still a quality win. As of right now, of the teams remaining on our schedule, I'd say only Louisville is out of our class.

Ah, we came so close to a perfect day ... the Cheats scored with :02 seconds left to beat Pitt in the final seconds.

Still, it's good enough.
    I did not need to hear that last bit of news.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    My dad, Pitt '59 and a devout Catholic, died a couple weeks ago. Clearly I got him to pull for Duke now.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Big big win for the program. I feel elated for the team and program, yet gut wrenching for Devon Edwards. Easily my favorite player on this years team.

On the game though, too many big moments to mention but shout out to the coaching staff for NOT going into the prevent defense on ND's last possession. That, as much as anything, won the game for us. They dialed up pressure on just about every snap, relying on our upperclassmen led DB's to not get burned and it worked beautifully. ND had the one big completion on the first play and from there we shut them down! Big decision, great result.

Shout to Reed. Glad he was presented a chippie to get the monkey off his back, and that chippie was his first make, and for the win at Notre Dame. (In 50 years it will be a 49 yarder into the wind in a driving rain storm which will be just fine by me!)

Go Duke!

Evidently OPK wore the Eat Me Cake Costume. Word on the street is Duke covered the spread. 1 Dish of Extra Crispy Crow please. Never felt so great to be so wrong. This is why I never need to bet $1 on sports.

Daniel Jones - the FUTURE is Now.
    Great team win - could not be happier for them! Some of those drives had a Peach Bowl feel to them - all heart.

Pretty cool tweet on ESPN -Duke, Wake Forest, Syracuse and Virginia were all underdogs by a combined 36.5 points. They went 4-0 with a combined 29-point margin of victory. Good day for the ACC, which is 7-0 in non-conference play, pending Louisville's trip to Marshall tonight.

Go Duke!

Has any ACC football team ever beat Notre Dame in South Bend other than Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by norduck View Post
    Has any ACC football team ever beat Notre Dame in South Bend other than Duke?
    BC wasn't in the ACC at that point but they had a famous win at #1-ranked Notre Dame in the early 90s when Tom Coughlin was coaching BC.

Not sure if any original ACC team has won there.

Best win in the Cut era. The improvement by the oline was amazing. They seriously big-boyed up. Great balanced offense by the Devils.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

They are learning how to win.

By the way, I love D. Edwards. Has there ever been a better representative of Duke football.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide