The Connells '74-'75

The Connells were one of my favorite bands while in college and '74-'75 was one of their finest videos. The original video was shot in 1993 and used footage from Broughton High's (Raleigh) class of 1975, the alma mater of two band members.

This morning, a college friend sent a link to a News and Observer article containing an new version of the video. Basically, they tracked down 15 of the 16 people appearing in the original video (one had passed) and updated the footage. It's a beautiful and melancholy song and the updated version of the video does the song justice. If you want to skip the N&O article, here's a direct link to the video.

Very cool and confirmed what I've heard people say...we all age.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

That was interesting. Thanks for posting the video links.
    Bob Green

18 to 36 to 59-60. It took me a long time to realize it waits for no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    ...I've heard people say...we all age.
    I do not know what you are talking about? Best not to hang around with those people. That's why I enjoy the heavy beatz and the snappy tunes of Shade 45.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

My @#%$^&! roommate stole my Connells Fun and Games t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    My @#%$^&! roommate stole my Connells Fun and Games t-shirt.
    Guess we could say you offered less than you lost. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    The Connells were one of my favorite bands while in college and '74-'75 was one of their finest videos. The original video was shot in 1993 and used footage from Broughton High's (Raleigh) class of 1975, the alma mater of two band members.

This morning, a college friend sent a link to a News and Observer article containing an new version of the video. Basically, they tracked down 15 of the 16 people appearing in the original video (one had passed) and updated the footage. It's a beautiful and melancholy song and the updated version of the video does the song justice. If you want to skip the N&O article, here's a direct link to the video.
    That was a simple, yet eerie and fascinating video. Thanks for finding and sharing. I can only imagine if someone tried to take/find photos of my high school senior class and try to make a video of it with music from that year.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That was a simple, yet eerie and fascinating video. Thanks for finding and sharing. I can only imagine if someone tried to take/find photos of my high school senior class and try to make a video of it with music from that year.
    They had cameras back then?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Daguerreotype. 😥😁😎

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We used something similar to these and set them up side by side in very long rows and columns:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablets_of_Stone
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.