An athlete's major shown?

Just a curiosity question, when did schools stop listing a player's major choice on their roster pages, media guides, etc? I never see it shown anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dBlock View Post
    Just a curiosity question, when did schools stop listing a player's major choice on their roster pages, media guides, etc? I never see it shown anymore.
    At Carolina, they don't need to list them, because they are all the same.

I remember decades ago watching a unc football on TV (probably vs Duke) and just about every kid majored in Parks and Recreation.
    Hey, thouse campground trash bins don't empty themselves!

It's usually mentioned on game days. It's almost always African American studies or Sports Management
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I remember decades ago watching a unc football on TV (probably vs Duke) and just about every kid majored in Parks and Recreation.
    That is, litra-lee, the funniest thing I've read today.

Perhaps around the last time you heard of an athlete being on academic probation?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yea, I remember looking at a basketball program during a Duke/UNC basketball game in the late 70's or early 80's, and every single player on the UNC team, with one exception, was a "Parks and Recreation" major. I truly had no clue what that major actually involved - learning how to assemble swing sets? (and I admit I had to hire a carpenter to assemble my daughter's swing set 17 years ago!). I figured that was the modern day (35 years ago) version of the "Physical Education" major which used to be the fallback major of many jocks in the truly old days.

Depends on the school. Most upperclassmen at Duke have their majors listed in the "personal" section. You will never see it in lists anymore because it's too easy to see clustering in majors favored by athletes.