Page 999 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 19,961 to 19,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout-Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

From Monday and Tuesday nights (see below)

Bottled on

07/25/17 2358

The original WWS is one of my favorite all-time beers and I *may* have purchased a case of this during its original release year in 1999 . This is an outstanding variant.

Pour from a 12 ounce bottle into a small snifter was ebony with a thin, tan head. Amazing vanilla nose, followed by rich vanilla extract tastes along with liquid wood, black strap molasses, dark caramel, semi-sweet chocolate and hints of coffee (neither added). IBUs are 70, pretty standard for the imperial stout style. ABV is listed at 16-17.5% () on their website so I divided this a bit unequally () over two nights along with the 120 Minute IPA. The original was >20% (no typo)! I probably have 15 left after trading/gifting/sharing some of the case I bought about 18 months ago for a bit less than $10/bottle.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Greatly enjoying these reviews from Hawaii!
    Thanks. I know it has been Lanikai heavy. But you play the cards you’re dealt, and we have (thus far) spent next to zero time in Honolulu, where a few breweries are located. Hoping to stop at Inu Island Ales’ tasting room on Friday, and Kona has a pub about 10 minutes from us, right on the marina, so we’ll eventually visit there, too.

In the meantime, Lanikai’s Kahwili Cuvee #1 was fantastic. A cross between a Belgian strong and a saison, but aged 20 months in chardonnay barrels and bottle conditioned (so I needed a bottle opener AND a corkscrew). Pours a golden brown with a generous off-white head. White wine notes on the nose. At first a little tart, but then the yeasts take over, with just a hint of funk. I wish I had a good way to transport some home.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Thanks. I know it has been Lanikai heavy. But you play the cards you’re dealt, and we have (thus far) spent next to zero time in Honolulu, where a few breweries are located. Hoping to stop at Inu Island Ales’ tasting room on Friday, and Kona has a pub about 10 minutes from us, right on the marina, so we’ll eventually visit there, too.

In the meantime, Lanikai’s Kahwili Cuvee #1 was fantastic. A cross between a Belgian strong and a saison, but aged 20 months in chardonnay barrels and bottle conditioned (so I needed a bottle opener AND a corkscrew). Pours a golden brown with a generous off-white head. White wine notes on the nose. At first a little tart, but then the yeasts take over, with just a hint of funk. I wish I had a good way to transport some home.
    The Cuvee sounds amazing. Quite a blend/combination. I don't think I've ever had a beer that required 2 weapons to access.

From last PM:

Deep Devil-Shipyard Brewing Company

$2 gift bottle from part-time office nurse, also a Duke BSN grad, class of Mrs. dd. What's not to like here?

Stamped on neck of bottle: B.O.01.18.2018 Ruh-roh. Stale beer?

Pour was a dark brown with a thin, tan head. No foam-over! Yay! Aromas were caramel, earthy, herbal hops and nuts. Tastes were almonds and Brazil nuts with some dark caramel, a splash of coffee (not added), a drop of milk chocolate and mild hop bitterness. No stale beer characteristics in the scents or tastes, thankfully. I'll guess IBUs about 30 and the ABV was 5.4%. A decent brown ale that I'd be interested in trying again if it was fresh. Would pair well with brisket or 'cue.

Nightcap last PM:

Victory at Sea-Ballast Point Brewing Company of Constellation Brands

Imperial porter with coffee and vanilla-no date on label/bottle

Poured a dark brown with a rich, creamy tan head that just missed over-flowing my large Founders snifter. Nose and palate were strong vanilla-infused coffee with milk chocolate and dark caramel flavors, too. Mouthfeel was a bit thin but it's a porter, not a stout but could easily be mistaken for one. I'll guess IBUs about 40 and the ABV was 10%. I think this is their original Victory at Sea with a lot of other flavored variants that are all excellent. No pairing needed unless you're craving a brownie or chocolate chunk cookie.

Keep posting. We’ll soon be to 1,000 pages. A thousand pages of beer on the wall ...

Now less than 100 Ymm, Beer posts to go to reach 20K.

What are you going to pour in the next several days to commemorate the milestone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Keep posting. We’ll soon be to 1,000 pages. A thousand pages of beer on the wall ...
    Yep. I posted that on Sunday. What's in your glass tonight and/or tomorrow night ?

I.P.A.-The Ipswich Ale Brewery

Stamped on bottle neck:

Bottled on
    06/22/2018

Ruh-roh, again. More stale beer?

Meh, not too bad. This 12 ounce bottle ($2) was a beer-thday gift from the above-mentioned nurse. Described on the label as "a highly hopped English-style IPA," the pour was bronze with a small off-white head. No excess foaminess. Nose was all pine and resin with tastes to match but it just wasn't fresh. There was a bit of light caramel sweetness but not very well balanced. I'll guess IBUs about 60 with an estimated ABV about 6%. Won't put one of these in a mixed 6er at any time, but I am happy to have tasted it.

Yep. I posted that on Sunday. What's in your glass tonight and/or tomorrow night ?
    Pillbox Porter. Better on draft than from a bottle, though (shocker!).

I know how we love our lists here...

https://www.mensjournal.com/food-dri...d-pig-w205103/

7/25

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

7/25
    Felt great when I got the first 6, then the wheels fell off, ending with a total of 10 out of 25. Some of those breweries were completely unknown to me.

Make that 8/25

Make that 8/25
    Did you just finish a SN Hop Hunter for lunch?

Ola Brew Ma’a Lager

Brewed and canned at a microbrewery in Kailua-Kona, HI, on the Big Island, this was an excellent lager. Bright gold in color, generous off-white head. Quite bready and full-bodied, but also nice and crisp with some bite at the back end. Drop a lime wedge in it, and the crispness intensifies. Glad to have a few more cans of this refreshing (5.1%ABV) local delight.

Just finished a Burial DIPA called Sixth Sense. Yum. Like candy. 8.2%, 58 IBU. This stuff is sweeter than any Hazy IPA I've tasted yet. Can be chugged, I imagine, but I couldn't handle it. As per usual, I get the grapefruit and a hint of pineapple. My wife agrees that it is a very fine brew. We're at a nice bottle shop in Jamestown, Potent Potables. May the Zion be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Just finished a Burial DIPA called Sixth Sense. Yum. Like candy. 8.2%, 58 IBU. This stuff is sweeter than any Hazy IPA I've tasted yet. Can be chugged, I imagine, but I couldn't handle it. As per usual, I get the grapefruit and a hint of pineapple. My wife agrees that it is a very fine brew. We're at a nice bottle shop in Jamestown, Potent Potables. May the Zion be with you.
    Hmm, will have to look for that Burial brew. Sounds delicious.

7/25
    Eight out of twenty five.

Driving up to New England, missed an opportunity to stop at Blue Mountain Brewing in Virginia along the way (among a lot of others).

Did not miss the opportunity to stop at Gritty’s in Freeport, a family tradition, and sample a few beers while enjoying lobster tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Driving up to New England, missed an opportunity to stop at Blue Mountain Brewing in Virginia along the way (among a lot of others).

Did not miss the opportunity to stop at Gritty’s in Freeport, a family tradition, and sample a few beers while enjoying lobster tacos.
    Looks like you were about 2 weeks late for this release:

0409d1817cd17c0c95b3c335c60f959c_640x640.jpg

https://www.mainebeercompany.com/cal...-draft-release

"Second Dinner is only the second DIPA we have made here at Maine Beer Company. From our original “whale” Lunch, to our DIPA Dinner, our hoppy beers keep us wanting more. Naturally, we want seconds. Drink this beer fresh. Second Dinner has notes of bright citrus, pineapple, and a strong fruit aroma. It utilizes Amarillo, Citra, HBC 522, and Idaho 7 hops."

Looks like you were about 2 weeks late for this release:

0409d1817cd17c0c95b3c335c60f959c_640x640.jpg

https://www.mainebeercompany.com/cal...-draft-release

"Second Dinner is only the second DIPA we have made here at Maine Beer Company. From our original “whale” Lunch, to our DIPA Dinner, our hoppy beers keep us wanting more. Naturally, we want seconds. Drink this beer fresh. Second Dinner has notes of bright citrus, pineapple, and a strong fruit aroma. It utilizes Amarillo, Citra, HBC 522, and Idaho 7 hops."
    If I can find some, will bring it back.