Page 994 of 1401 FirstFirst ... 494894944984992993994995996100410441094 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,880 of 28009

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #19861
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From 3/25/19:

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 3/5/17:





    From tonight:

    Collaboration Without Representation (2019)-Deep River Brewing Company

    From bottom of can:

    35318554
    #GOTWOOD?

    I don't have a clue what the code means except it's a BBA imperial chocolate milk stout that is amazingly good, especially having originated from Johnston County .

    Dark, dark brown pour into a snifter (two equal portions of 8 ounces each) brought forth a creamy, tan head and enticing aromas of dark chocolate, coffee and bourbon with a smooth mouthfeel and lots of the same flavors as scents. Same IBU I guess and the ABV is still a dangerous 12.8%. It'll take me an hour to finish this tonight and it's getting boozier (he was still fouled ) as each minute passes.
    From Tuesday night:

    Collaboration Without Representation (2019)-Deep River Brewing Company

    Something from Johnston Country that didn't go bad after being incarcerated in a pint-sized aluminum jail for another (almost) 3 months .

    I thought all the flavors described above were a bit more "intense" after another quarter year of storage, especially the bourbon flavors.

    I'll report back on this in another 3-6 months, perhaps after a September tailgate, mostly to keep my faith in the "beer in cans is ok for storage/cellaring" attitude.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #19862
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    69a662be5ee93349db08caf520ede8d6_640x640.jpg

    Is there anyone here who's able to read/translate Finnish for me?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #19863
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    69a662be5ee93349db08caf520ede8d6_640x640.jpg

    Is there anyone here who's able to read/translate Finnish for me?

    Still looking but got this much:

    Unfiltered all-malt ale brewed with Kouvolan lakritsi (licorice).

    Licorice? I’m out 🤢

    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&nv=1&rurl=translate.goog le.com&sl=fi&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://beeratlas.blogspot.com/2017/05/laitilan-lakritsi-portteri.html%3Fm%3D1&xid=17259,15700021,15700186, 15700190,15700256,15700259&usg=ALkJrhgmMUVMvnNYo1N 367nT9a7VgpA-Mw

    I found a description page in Finnish and used Google translate. Hope the link works.

  4. #19864
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    69a662be5ee93349db08caf520ede8d6_640x640.jpg

    Is there anyone here who's able to read/translate Finnish for me?

    Not me. But in Swedish it might say "A Moose once bit my sister... No realli! Mind you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti." Llama go back to watching golf.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

  5. #19865
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Not me. But in Swedish it might say "A Moose once bit my sister... No realli! Mind you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti." Llama go back to watching golf.

    I heard she got better...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  6. #19866
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Still looking but got this much:

    Unfiltered all-malt ale brewed with Kouvolan lakritsi (licorice).

    Licorice? I’m out 🤢

    https://translate.googleusercontent...67nT9a7VgpA-Mw

    I found a description page in Finnish and used Google translate. Hope the link works.
    Great find! Thanks! I'm too tired to follow through tonight but will certainly make the attempt tomorrow.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #19867
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    69a662be5ee93349db08caf520ede8d6_640x640.jpg

    Is there anyone here who's able to read/translate Finnish for me?

    "Finland, Finland, Finland
    That's the country for me

    HISTORIAN (spoken):
    I said, "England."

    COMPANY (spoken in tandem):
    What? Oh, sorry, sorry about that"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #19868
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem

    Aloha

    Assuming flights go okay tomorrow, I expect to have reviews of Oahu brews forthcoming over the next 10 days. Any leads would, of course, be appreciated.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  9. #19869
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Assuming flights go okay tomorrow, I expect to have reviews of Oahu brews forthcoming over the next 10 days. Any leads would, of course, be appreciated.
    Your thread search will have to be better than mine. Not too long ago I posted something about the Hawaii beer scene that had some insight.

  10. #19870
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Assuming flights go okay tomorrow, I expect to have reviews of Oahu brews forthcoming over the next 10 days. Any leads would, of course, be appreciated.
    Safe travels! I'm really curious as to what you'll find/drink. Fuse mentioned his link to some Hawaii breweries. I got nothing. Sorry.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #19871
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston’Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    In case you were looking for an excuse to visit Hawaii...

    https://vinepair.com/articles/best-hawaii-craft-beer/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Perfect, as we are departing for 10 days on Oahu on June 15th . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Safe travels! I'm really curious as to what you'll find/drink. Fuse mentioned his link to some Hawaii breweries. I got nothing. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Your thread search will have to be better than mine. Not too long ago I posted something about the Hawaii beer scene that had some insight.
    Bingo!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  12. #19872
    Some Friday fun, courtesy of Haggard Hawks:

    The first, second and third draughts of beer poured from a jug are called the NECKUM, the SINKUM, and the SWANKUM.

    (A Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, 1846)


    Now, how to work this into a casual conversation? 🙄😳🤣🍻

  13. #19873
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Some Friday fun, courtesy of Haggard Hawks:

    The first, second and third draughts of beer poured from a jug are called the NECKUM, the SINKUM, and the SWANKUM.

    (A Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, 1846)


    Now, how to work this into a casual conversation? 🙄😳🤣🍻
    If it is a particulate heavy beer, I am going for the Neckum, and avoiding the Swankum. 🤣

  14. #19874
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    If it is a particulate heavy beer, I am going for the Neckum, and avoiding the Swankum. 🤣
    Is that because you're afraid to Sinkum?

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #19875
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is that because you're afraid to Sinkum?

    Well played, sir. Well played. 🤣🍻

  16. #19876
    Been to two brewery’s today, Garden Grove and Veil. Garden Grove is also an “urban winery.” I had a blend of Barleywine, tawney port and mead, at 16% abv. I have to sober up and review tomorrow. Great start to Father’s Day weekend.

  17. #19877
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Been to two brewery’s today, Garden Grove and Veil. Garden Grove is also an “urban winery.” I had a blend of Barleywine, tawney port and mead, at 16% abv. I have to sober up and review tomorrow. Great start to Father’s Day weekend.
    I am highly intrigued by that combination.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #19878
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    69a662be5ee93349db08caf520ede8d6_640x640.jpg

    Is there anyone here who's able to read/translate Finnish for me?

    Lakritsi Portteri-Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas

    Never reviewed a beer from Finland before and likely never will again.

    This was a gift from a patient a couple weeks ago who risked life, arrest and reputation bringing it back through US Customs after he and his wife visited Finland.

    Poured aggressive from a 12 ounce bottle, after pulling the bottle cap tab to open without using a standard bottle opener, into a standard pint glass. Color was dark brown and clear with a foamy, tan head. Smelled like a milk chocolate latte with licorice. Same tastes appeared, along with some burnt dark caramel and mild earthy/herbal bitterness. I'm astonished I found this on the usual beer sites with Untapped quoting 30 for the IBUs and 5.4% ABV which matches the only thing I'm truly able to understand from the label . Overall, a pretty tasty porter, even with the hints of licorice.

    I'm highly grateful this patient continues to surprise me with beers from his travels, even if this one did smell and taste like licorice .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #19879
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Been to two brewery’s today, Garden Grove and Veil. Garden Grove is also an “urban winery.” I had a blend of Barleywine, tawney port and mead, at 16% abv. I have to sober up and review tomorrow. Great start to Father’s Day weekend.
    I'm also very interested in your thoughts about Veil as that's a target when we visit Richmond in several weeks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  20. #19880
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm also very interested in your thoughts about Veil as that's a target when we visit Richmond in several weeks.
    Reviews to follow. In a word, awesome.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 03-22-2020, 04:46 PM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •