Page 992 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 49289294298299099199299399410021042109214921992 ... LastLast
Results 19,821 to 19,840 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Hell, yea!

"...made of wheat and barley..."

I might eat those rings .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Perhaps a picture would help:

0b4336cce777d082d0587b1e9d41dc52_640x640.jpg

From 2/11/17:

Steak Knives (draft at brewery)-Fullsteam Brewing

Pour was an almost black, thinly-headed imperial version of their outstanding Coffee is for Closers. Wonderful espresso aromas with a smooth and silky but thick and almost chewy mouthfeel. Tastes of dark roast coffee, dark chocolate and dark fruits with some black strap molasses. Did I mention that this is one helluva dark beer? I'll guess IBUs about 40-50 and the ABV was 11% so quite the start for the evening's tastings. Would be decadent with any chocolate dessert or bread pudding but was delicious by itself, too. Would have been $40 for a 64 ounce growler and fuse (in absentia) and I decided not to purchase that large a quantity at that large a price.
    I warned y'all. From last PM:

Steak Knives-Fullsteam Brewing

Imperial stout with coffee and lactose (thereby making it an imperial milk stout)

On bottom of pint can:

(smudge) 8/19
    (smudge) ED

Poured with vigor into a snifter in 2 equal portions and rewarded with a foamy, mocha head, covering a dark brown elixir. Ahh, smells like coffee and milk chocolate and tastes like it, too. Mouthfeel was a bit thin with a bit less flavor than the 2017 tasting but that was a half pint draft. Raisins, molasses and dates also were perceived on the palate but not adjuncts. Upon further review, I don't think this is an imperial version of Coffee is for Closers but is a stout, albeit a bit on the light side in both appearance and on the palate. I'll still guess 50 IBUs and the ABV is 12% and dangerous. Totally worth the ~$5 for the serving, especially given the cost of $5 for the eight ounce serving 2+ years ago . Highly recommended.

The Salty Turtle beckoned:

https://saltyturtlebeer.com/on-tap-now/

From 2/11/17:

I warned y'all. From last PM:

Steak Knives-Fullsteam Brewing

Imperial stout with coffee and lactose (thereby making it an imperial milk stout)

On bottom of pint can:

(smudge) 8/19
    (smudge) ED

Poured with vigor into a snifter in 2 equal portions and rewarded with a foamy, mocha head, covering a dark brown elixir. Ahh, smells like coffee and milk chocolate and tastes like it, too. Mouthfeel was a bit thin with a bit less flavor than the 2017 tasting but that was a half pint draft. Raisins, molasses and dates also were perceived on the palate but not adjuncts. Upon further review, I don't think this is an imperial version of Coffee is for Closers but is a stout, albeit a bit on the light side in both appearance and on the palate. I'll still guess 50 IBUs and the ABV is 12% and dangerous. Totally worth the ~$5 for the serving, especially given the cost of $5 for the eight ounce serving 2+ years ago . Highly recommended.
    +1 to that "highly recommended." A delicious beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

The Salty Turtle beckoned:

https://saltyturtlebeer.com/on-tap-now/
    Will anxiously await the Surf City reviews . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    +1 to that "highly recommended." A delicious beer.
    I'm happy you were able to get a can (or more) and/or draft of this. Potent and dangerous brew.

Will anxiously await the Surf City reviews . . . . .
    Let's get this flight started with:

Hey Zay (draft)-Salty Turtle Beer Company

Near the end of a four mile walk, Mrs. dd decided she was thirsty and needed to cool off a bit. At that moment, we conveniently passed by the Salty Turtle and what better place to slake a couple thirsts and re-hydrate than at the only craft-brewery within about 20-25 miles of our weekend quarters.

First four ounce pour was a NEIPA brewed with Citra, ElDorado and Mosaic hops. Appearance was hazy (d'oh!) and pineapple-yellow in color with a small head. The scents did not disappoint with pineapple, orange and guava with a juicy mouthfeel and tastes to match. No IBUs advertised so I'll guess 40. ABV stated at 6.7%. My thirst is beginning to disappear. I think I've sipped this before and my recency bias *believes* it has been improved.

Batting in the second spot was:

Manila Mango (draft)-Salty Turtle Beer Company

Milkshake session IPA with mangoes, vanilla and lactose.

Appearance was even more cloudy than Hey Zay with a hints of orange and amber hues blended with the pineapple-yellow. The mango aromas and flavors did not disappoint as vanilla, pineapple and guava played supporting roles. Very mild bitterness with IBUs estimated at 30 and the AVB at 5.6%. A beer smoothie!

We interrupt this flight to bring you an "umbrella" drink, a frozen whiskey sour, served with some leftover pulled pork sandwiches, slaw and corn pudding.

Ymm, Cocktails.

Let's get this flight started with:

Hey Zay (draft)-Salty Turtle Beer Company

Near the end of a four mile walk, Mrs. dd decided she was thirsty and needed to cool off a bit. At that moment, we conveniently passed by the Salty Turtle and what better place to slake a couple thirsts and re-hydrate than at the only craft-brewery within about 20-25 miles of our weekend quarters.

First four ounce pour was a NEIPA brewed with Citra, ElDorado and Mosaic hops. Appearance was hazy (d'oh!) and pineapple-yellow in color with a small head. The scents did not disappoint with pineapple, orange and guava with a juicy mouthfeel and tastes to match. No IBUs advertised so I'll guess 40. ABV stated at 6.7%. My thirst is beginning to disappear. I think I've sipped this before and my recency bias *believes* it has been improved.
    Topsail or North Topsail?

Topsail or North Topsail?
    North Topsail. I *think* the next closest brewery is The Sour Barn, an extension of Broomtail Craft Brewery, on Business 17S headed into Wilmington.

Batting in the third spot was:

BruTurtle (draft)-Salty Turtle Beer Company

No, not a guest beer from Brueprint Brewing in Apex () but their very own Brut IPA. I sent fuse a photo of the flight and he guessed it was a gose based on its pristine clear, pale yellow-straw color with pretty much no head. I think I'd have made the same mistake. Scents were subtle lemongrass and citrus and tastes were muted also with the most striking ones being its dryness and champagne-like mouthfeel. I'll guess IBUs around 20 (WTH? A low IBU IPA?) with the ABV at 7%. I'm not sure I've had enough of the style to fully judge but I thought this was a quality offering.

And, in the clean-up slot:

UBC Belgian Dubbel (draft)-Salty Turtle Beer Company

Brewed for their yearly Ultimate Brewing Championship hosted by the Cape Fear Craft Beer Alliance, the twist here was the addition of figs and cinnamon.

Color was medium-to-dark brown and surprisingly clear with a light tan head. Dark, dried fruits made the rounds first with fig obviously taking the lead role. Cinnamon made its presence known on the palate in a non-overpowering manner, along with the expected dried fruits and some dark brown sugar and rum (neither added). I'll guess IBUs about 30 as it's basically a Belgian-style brown ale. ABV was 8%, pretty standard, too. This was my favorite of the tasting based on my long-standing liking of the style, but I'd order any of the above again.

There's no food/kitchen at the STBC but they do have a food truck schedule and encourage patrons to order delivery or take-out from a number of various cuisines within several hundred yards of their establishment.

Going to check out the new 12 Bones Brewing (which is a short walk from home) in a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Going to check out the new 12 Bones Brewing (which is a short walk from home) in a little while.
    I'm guessing there will be some 'cue, mac & cheese and seasoned green beans involved, too.

When can we expect your reviews?

I'm guessing there will be some 'cue, mac & cheese and seasoned green beans involved, too.

When can we expect your reviews?

It’s ok, mattman- I respect your right to drink and not share, even though it is more fun when you do 😀