Page 984 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4848849349749829839849859869941034108414841984 ... LastLast
Results 19,661 to 19,680 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    New brewery (to me) in downtown Richmond, not in Scott’s Addition. Canon & Draw. 15 beers on tap, from lager to ipa to dipas to saisons, stouts and barleywine. My choice/review is on Le Confort du Vide, a BBA American Barleywine. 11% abv. Notes of brown sugar, vanilla and of course bourbon. A bit of caramel and a little bitterness or hoppiness. Not as heavy as an ale, the Barleywine is a different viscosity or mouthfeel. Very nice, different BBA beer.

I have a BBA Barleywine from Hardywood I’m anxious to try, but will bring to the football game for Mr. West (and Devildeac if he wants some) since it’s 15%

Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear poop in the woods? Is the athletic department at "u"nc a bunch of lying, cheating dirtbags?

Hell, yea, I'll taste your Hardywood BBA barleywine!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sun King is releasing a collaboration pack today in honor of their 10-year anniversary. https://www.indystar.com/story/enter...rs/1100740001/

Collaborations with 3 Floyd's, Cigar City, Rhinegeist, and Austin Beerworks.

Had a connection pick me up a pack last week before the official release today. I've had two of the four so far. Will report back after finishing the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Sun King is releasing a collaboration pack today in honor of their 10-year anniversary. https://www.indystar.com/story/enter...rs/1100740001/

Collaborations with 3 Floyd's, Cigar City, Rhinegeist, and Austin Beerworks.

Had a connection pick me up a pack last week before the official release today. I've had two of the four so far. Will report back after finishing the pack.
    That assortment looks/sounds outrageously good, therefore, you are officially invited to our first (or any) tailgate this year where we sample fancy beers and often trade (hint, hint ) other beers from our cellars, mixed 12 (or 15) packs, or recently assembled 4 (or 6) pack purchases. (shameless, I know)

Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Coming soon to a specialty beer store near you?

https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/mas-agave/

Attachment 9408
    Picked up a 4-pack today. Will review when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Picked up a 4-pack today. Will review when the time comes.
    Hmm, will be curious to see if they make it this far south and, if so, when. Might be time for a Total Wine visit, armed and dangerous with my 10% off coupon .

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Way back in the real Lowenbrau days, you basically had (as I shakily recall) three choices if you wanted dark beer: Lowenbrau, Heineken or St. Pauli dark varieties, that was pretty much it...don't even recall Guinness Stout in the U.S., but perhaps it was. All three were pretty good.
    Michelob Dark was the best of the bunch in those (not so) dark times (prior to craft beer).

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    That one *might* require more than a road..

Taxman Cache Flow Apple
    August 2018

Smells like vinegar, straw and wet apple/applesauce.

Clear golden pour.

In a complimentary way, tastes more like a clean albeit sour cider than a beer.

Refreshing, has me curious about the Cache Flow Apricot.

Taxman Cache Flow Apple
    August 2018

Smells like vinegar, straw and wet apple/applesauce.

Clear golden pour.

In a complimentary way, tastes more like a clean albeit sour cider than a beer.

Refreshing, has me curious about the Cache Flow Apricot.
    Well, you liked Apropos last year, IIRC, so fingers crossed you like this apricot brew.

Don’t think I have ever had a Creamsicle beer.
    Definitely a trend I can get behind.

https://thetakeout.com/creamsicle-be...mpression=true

Headed to Richmond, VA July 6-7. Hoping there'll be some fine ales still on draft late into the July 4th weekend. Will await recommendations from accfanfrom1970 and duketaylor (if he's still reading here) about breweries to visit after an afternoon of visiting the Virginia Museum of Fine Art and perhaps other nearby museums. I have visited Hardywood and it *looks* like Ardent and Veil are nearby. Worth visiting the other two?

I've had this one. Quite tasty and from a NC brewery so I'd think you'd have a good chance of finding this in your area. I *think* Tripping William would vouch for this one, too.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48187/328701/

I've had this one. Quite tasty and from a NC brewery so I'd think you'd have a good chance of finding this in your area. I *think* Tripping William would vouch for this one, too.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48187/328701/
    Yep, I have had it and liked it. It might be Rail Walk's best offering.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Sounds like a waste of two products.

Headed to Richmond, VA July 6-7. I have visited Hardywood and it *looks* like Ardent and Veil are nearby. Worth visiting the other two?
    You can walk from Ardent to Veil. You can also walk from Veil to 3 Notch’d and a new one, Bingo. They are both on Broad Street. Hardywood is a drive. Down the street from Hardywood is Castleburg Brewery.

Ardent and Veil I highly recommend. I’ve only been to 3 Notch’d once and not to Bingo yet.

There is also Vasen in the same area. Been to that one once also. All are nice spaces, Ardent is smaller if it’s hot outside, all but 3 Notch'd have outdoor patios. But beer wise I like in order - Hardywood , Ardent , Veil. Veil has great IPAs, Ardent has their honey ginger and Hardywood is the biggest and has the BBA Cru out.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    You can walk from Ardent to Veil. You can also walk from Veil to 3 Notch’d and a new one, Bingo. They are both on Broad Street. Hardywood is a drive. Down the street from Hardywood is Castleburg Brewery.

Ardent and Veil I highly recommend. I’ve only been to 3 Notch’d once and not to Bingo yet.

There is also Vasen in the same area. Been to that one once also. All are nice spaces, Ardent is smaller if it’s hot outside, all but 3 Notch'd have outdoor patios. But beer wise I like in order - Hardywood , Ardent , Veil. Veil has great IPAs, Ardent has their honey ginger and Hardywood is the biggest and has the BBA Cru out.
    Thanks! Excellent report. Will organize our cultural and dining/sipping agendas accordingly. Wanna join us that evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Sounds like a waste of two products.
    Heresy!

Thanks! Excellent report. Will organize our cultural and dining/sipping agendas accordingly. Wanna join us that evening?
    Unfortunately I work both Saturday and Sunday, so it would be about 8pm before I could join you. So depending on how late your outing goes I’d love to join up.

Heresy!

Not sure Weyerbacher is around to brew that anymore 😢