Page 982 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4828829329729809819829839849921032108214821982 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,640 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Glad you enjoyed. I thought it was terrific.
    They had Vuilbaard, another Haw River ale on draft, but I passed as I chose the RBA Pineapple Thief at 9.4% ABV and a two ounce taste of Java Cask from Victory which weighed in at 14.3% ABV. My 12 remaining hepatocytes sent me a warning that consumption at that sitting had reached its limit. The Vuilbaard is a sour-tart Flanders Oude Bruin aged in oak for 2 years. So, so tempting, but it's also available in 500 ml bottles. Stella may call you later this week...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They had Vuilbaard, another Haw River ale on draft, but I passed as I chose the RBA Pineapple Thief at 9.4% ABV and a two ounce taste of Java Cask from Victory which weighed in at 14.3% ABV. My 12 remaining hepatocytes sent me a warning that consumption at that sitting had reached its limit. The Vuilbaard is a sour-tart Flanders Oude Bruin aged in oak for 2 years. So, so tempting, but it's also available in 500 ml bottles. Stella may call you later this week...
    Another fun tongue in cheek response.
    I admire Victory- you chose Victory over Haw River??? 👀

https://tenor.com/view/he-chose-poorly-talk-serious-gif-12810467

Rum Barrel Aged Pineapple Thief (draft)-Southern Pines Brewing Company

The $4 half pint's appearance was almost as thick and juicy as the 450 North Brewing 420 Juice that davec provided last month when we visited Columbus, IN. Color was fresh-to-overripe pineapple. Nose was pineapple, coconut, orange, lime and dark rum and palate-tantalizing flavors matched with a thick, juicy mouthfeel. It's an imperial NEIPA so I'll guess IBUs about 40 and the ABV was a dangerous 9.4%. A beer colada? Or should that be a piña beer-lada? An amazing upgrade from an already outstanding "base" beer, Pineapple Thief. Worth a beer-hunting expedition. Here's the Bottle Revolution/SPBC description:

"This Imperial version of Pineapple Thief Fruited New England IPA was fermented with pineapple purée before being aged in Jamaican rum barrels. The beer was then brought out of barrels and dry hopped with Citra, Idaho 7, and Mosaic before being conditioned on coconut chips."

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

https://tenor.com/view/he-chose-poor...s-gif-12810467
    My only response:

https://tenor.com/view/he-chose-poor...s-gif-12810467
    I'll try to redeem myself:

Java Cask (draft)-Victory Brewing Company

Two ounce sample/taster.

Pour was a thick, dark brown with a creamy, mocha-shaded head. Liquid, dark chocolate fudge-infused/swirled with coffee and bourbon wafted to my nostrils and totally coated my taste buds. I'll guess IBUs of 60-70 based on the imperial stout style and the ABV was a stunning 14.3% but frighteningly smooth/hidden. I'm pretty sure I could have sipped myself into a dukelamere-like Dark Lord state if I had a half pint of the Haw River Vuilbaard and followed it with a half pint of Java Cask .

"This stout was created in collaboration with our friends from Philadelphia's Standard Tap and Johnny Brenda's restaurants. Using their delicious hand-roasted JB's coffee, our bourbon barrels deliver a bold and robust, chocolate malt-tinged stout."

They also make this in a blonde imperial stout variant.

Coffee blonde? (Oud) Bruin-ette? Raven-haired beauty? Yes, please. I'll have one of each.

Coming soon to a specialty beer store near you?

https://foundersbrewing.com/our-beer/mas-agave/

2019MasAgaveFeatured.jpg

In case you were looking for an excuse to visit Hawaii...

https://vinepair.com/articles/best-hawaii-craft-beer/

In case you were looking for an excuse to visit Hawaii...

https://vinepair.com/articles/best-hawaii-craft-beer/
    Perfect, as we are departing for 10 days on Oahu on June 15th . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Anyone else tried Becky Likes the Smell from Bay State Brewing? Imperial IPA, 10% ABV (yippee), surprisingly smooth and tasty. And priced under their competitors at $10.99/ 16 ounce four pack.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Anyone else tried Becky Likes the Smell from Bay State Brewing? Imperial IPA, 10% ABV (yippee), surprisingly smooth and tasty. And priced under their competitors at $10.99/ 16 ounce four pack.
    Name is intriguing/amusing but I don't think I've seen any Bay State Brewing products in Raleigh. You'll have to splurge and review for us .

We'd also be happy to read about some Hill Farmstead and/or Lawson's Finest Liquids products you may have had recently.

Name is intriguing/amusing but I don't think I've seen any Bay State Brewing products in Raleigh. You'll have to splurge and review for us .

We'd also be happy to read about some Hill Farmstead and/or Lawson's Finest Liquids products you may have had recently.
    This reminds me that I had a can of the Fayston Maple imperial stout from Lawson's Finest Liquids a couple of weeks ago (a gift from a beer-o-phile client). It was terrific.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This reminds me that I had a can of the Fayston Maple imperial stout from Lawson's Finest Liquids a couple of weeks ago (a gift from a beer-o-phile client). It was terrific.
    No surprise to read that.

Ok, so when you reach for a beer called Platform Torte in a can, what colour beer do you think you will pour?

I was expecting something dark, like a porter or stout and instead watched some pretty golden liquid spill in my glass and generate a fluffy head.

A Prantl’s Bakery / Platform collaboration, with a lot of info on the can, including adjuncts of Prantl’s almonds(?), vanilla and lactose.

ABV 6.9%, 8 IBU

Smells corn syrupy sweet frat house beery.
    The head didn’t last.

If the nose was a bit bizzaro, the first sip is next level odd.

My first impression is this would make a great milk substitute for a bowl of cereal.
    Beyond sweet, my tongue is a bit lost on what I am tasting.

If the description reads poorly, that is the fault of the author.

It’s quite enjoyable if completely unexpected.
    I’m not sure I’d go out of my way to find this beer, and devildeac’s prior Platform finds have been spectacular.

This is a really imbalanced beer- the lactose and vanilla make this a great candidate as a beer to have with a dessert. As a standalone beer, it’s just too sweet for my palate.

A quick google search says Prantl’s burnt almond torte is world famous (who knew?). Without having had it, I suspect this beer and the torte would be a dessert match made in heaven.

I just needed some pound cake, maybe some strawberries and whipped cream to accompany this beer.

Cheers! 🍻
    Our son has found some rather interesting Ohio beers and this is one of them.

I have one pint can left of this beer and I particularly like your idea of pound cake, strawberries and whipped cream and will make that my pairing with it one day later this month and report back to Ymm, Beer.

I think you'll like the other Platform beer that I included in your box of goodies a bit better. Not much s'more for me to say about it...
    Hmmm, guess what a friend of my wife's just delivered about 30 minutes ago for dessert to accompany the belated birthday dinner she also delivered (substituting a pint of Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean ice cream for the whipped cream)...

Too bad I'm on call tonight but the Torte is already chilling for tomorrow night's dessert .

The championship victory for the Apex Rec soccer league tasted an awful lot like Funky Buddha Pineapple Beach, and Terrapin Watermelon Gose.

Victory tastes sweet! ⚽️🍻

Really enjoying the "real ales" in London

Good news is a lot of my favorite restaurants carry Hill Farmstead beers, but regrettable they tend not to vary the offerings as much as I'd like...

This thread always seems to make me thirsty for a cold one. When school's out next Thursday, I'm heading straight to Asheville in order to visit Green Man, as well as, multiple other breweries!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Good news is a lot of my favorite restaurants carry Hill Farmstead beers, but regrettable they tend not to vary the offerings as much as I'd like...
    Heart-breaking predicament...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    This thread always seems to make me thirsty for a cold one. When school's out next Thursday, I'm heading straight to Asheville in order to visit Green Man, as well as, multiple other breweries!
    Glad we can help make you thirsty .

We'll be anxiously awaiting your reviews .

Do any of you remember Lowenbrau before Miller bought it and ruined the distinct flavor? After Asheville, I'm going to be in Germany and hope I can find it and its original recipe.