Page 973 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4738739239639719729739749759831023107314731973 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,460 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Principally for mattman's benefit: Just saw an Instagram post about the upcoming draft/keg release, on May 17th, of Jade IPA aged in Sauvignon Blanc barrels. Available at all three Foothills locations (Footnote, Pub, and Tasting Room), while supplies last . . . . .
    Dang this is drool- worthy.
    If you happen to find any bottles...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Wait, I thought your fridge was full...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, I thought your fridge was full...

Emptier by the day 🤣🍻

Not sure they are bottling, but will certainly keep an eye out. You like bowling??
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From 6/18/18:

From their house beers:

Exemption (I did not drink this.):

"Claim an Exemption, our abbey-style tripel. This crisp golden ale unites lemon, orange peel and coriander spices with flavorful Belgian esters. White wheat, oat and artisan malts contribute a balanced body, complemented by golden candi sugar."

From their Brewmaster Series:

Raspberry Ginger Exemption-Taxman Brewing Company

(I did drink this ale.)

Poured from a 12 ounce can into my oversized Ommegang tulip. Color was a gorgeous berry and was slightly cloudy (no chunks!) with a thin, fizzy head. Pungent berry aromas with a bit of spiciness. There's a bit of sour and a bit of sweet and and bit of heat and spice on the palate. The raspberries and lemon peel/zest lend the sour notes, the style (Belgian-style tripel) and candi sugar show up with the sweetness, the ginger gives some spice and heat and the Belgian yeast and coriander chip in with the spiciness. There's a bit of discrepancy with the IBUs as the website claims 55 (no way!) and the can has 36 which is more consistent with the style and the mouthfeel. ABV a dangerous 8.5%. A fruit plate before or after dinner would pair nicely as would a fruited/spicy salsa-topped tilapia filet. A very nice variation on the tripel style and much more palate-pleasing than the chunk and junk from the Passionfruit Guava La Maison farmhouse/saison ale.
    From last PM:

Back that razz up! (shamelessly stolen from Lynnwood Grill and Brewing Concern)

Canned on
    03/21/19

Fresh and local (at the time )!

It is readily understandable why this remains one of their house/standard ales. I think this was $1.80/12 ounce can with my 20% off for buying 4 different items (either 4 packs, 500 ml or 750 ml bottles). Quite the deal!

Not much has changed since nearly a year ago.

My only "regrets" are not being able to buy any of the other Exemption variations that included the 2018 Mezcal barrel or the 2019 variant, Red Wine (malbec) barrel aged version or the BBA Qualified quadruple as they had sold out the week before I arrived as they tried to clear the shelves for Death and Taxes Day which featured the release of Evasion and all its variants.

Going to need some time to process this event.
    Whoa.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/bosto...0-million-deal

From 6/18/18:

From last PM:

Back that razz up! (shamelessly stolen from Lynnwood Grill and Brewing Concern)

Canned on
    03/21/19

Fresh and local (at the time )!

It is readily understandable why this remains one of their house/standard ales. I think this was $1.80/12 ounce can with my 20% off for buying 4 different items (either 4 packs, 500 ml or 750 ml bottles). Quite the deal!

Not much has changed since nearly a year ago.

My only "regrets" are not being able to buy any of the other Exemption variations that included the 2018 Mezcal barrel or the 2019 variant, Red Wine (malbec) barrel aged version or the BBA Qualified quadruple as they had sold out the week before I arrived as they tried to clear the shelves for Death and Taxes Day which featured the release of Evasion and all its variants.
    Too funny as the Love Ninja went straight for a can of Raspberry Ginger Exemption this afternoon.

In the lone sip I took, it made me fondly recall Fullsteam Cackalacky. Nowhere near as hoppy, the ginger was prominent along with generous raspberry sweetness.

Whoa.

Yo, yo, yo.

I'm astounded it's *only* valued at $300M.

Too funny as the Love Ninja went straight for a can of Raspberry Ginger Exemption this afternoon.

In the lone sip I took, it made me fondly recall Fullsteam Cackalacky. Nowhere near as hoppy, the ginger was prominent along with generous raspberry sweetness.
    Our son claimed an entire 4 pack, leaving us to split the other 4 bagger. Maybe I should have bought 4 cans for each of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Not sure they are bottling, but will certainly keep an eye out. You like bowling??
    Do I like bowling (“yes”) and am I good at bowling (“no”) are two different questions.

Guessing on average I might get 2-3 strikes per game and maybe a similar number of spares. Being under 100 is a possibility, north of 150 highly unlikely.

You don’t want me on your bowling team or at a competitive event. As a social occasion/excuse to hang out, I’d be adequate company at a bowling alley.

Do I like bowling (“yes”) and am I good at bowling (“no”) are two different questions.

Guessing on average I might get 2-3 strikes per game and maybe a similar number of spares. Being under 100 is a possibility, north of 150 highly unlikely.

You don’t want me on your bowling team or at a competitive event. As a social occasion/excuse to hang out, I’d be adequate company at a bowling alley.
    North of 150 *might* work but I *think* one or two blocks east of (US) 52 is more of what Tripping William had in mind...

North of 150 *might* work but I *think* one or two blocks east of (US) 52 is more of what Tripping William had in mind...

Chicken dinner ...

Berlinerweisse Strawberry-Mother Earth Brewing

"Peace, love & beer"

Canned
    04/15/19

Twelve ounce can received as a trader from fuse this week. Many thanks!!

"Berliner Weisse (German: Berliner Weiße) is a cloudy, sour beer of around 3% alcohol by volume. It is a regional variation of the wheat beer style from Northern Germany, dating back to at least the 16th century. It can be made from combinations of malted barley and wheat, with the stipulation that the malts are kilned at very low temperatures to minimise colour formation. The fermentation takes place with a mixture of yeast and lactic acid bacteria, a prerequisite that creates the lactic acid taste, a distinguishing feature of Berlin Weisse."

Not quite as pretty as purple, red or pink beers but still pretty nice eye candy with a pink-yellow-orange hue sitting under a moderate off-white head after a vigorous pour into a tall Sam Adams wheat ale glass. A bit of a nose pucker with mild tartness/sourness and some citrus. Palate pucker is perhaps a bit higher but still rather mild. I'm not a big fan of strawberry flavors in beer but this adds a rather pleasant sweetness and balance to the sour tastes so I don't have to add any syrups like those wacky Germans did for centuries. Reminds me of a berry-flavored orangeade. I'll guess IBUs about 10 but could be less. ABV on the can is 4.9%. A rather enjoyable brew on a warm spring evening that I'd pair with some lemon or orange chicken or sweet and sour dishes.

From 5/9/17:

Exemption-Taxman Brewing Company

I told you there was a trend here...

It's a Belgian style tripel ale so the pour was light gold, the head was fizzy, foamy and a bit cling-y and the nose was citrus and brown sugar. Mouthfeel was tingly and tastes were orange, a bit of rind and a bit of spice (coriander added). There's some more brown sugar sweetness and a pinch of black pepper. The "bio" on the beer appears to claim lemon is added but I didn't smell/taste any. White wheat, oats and "Belgian artisan malts" are also listed as ingredients. Pretty smooth as most tripels are with IBU at 30. Potent also with a deceptive ABV of 8.5%. I supposed one should have mussels with this but I'm not a fan so I'd pair with a light seafood or chicken entree.
    From tonight:

Exemption-Taxman Brewing Company

Canned on
    03/14/19

Fresh! Local!!

Perhaps a couple subtle differences from two years ago:

1. Less brown sugar this time but still a bit "sugar-y" from the added golden candi sugar.

2. The lemon is a bit more prominent with this pouring but still more spiciness and orange than lemon.

For $1.40/12 ounces with the 20% discount and, at 8.5% ABV, this is a really fine beer that would make a very interesting comparison with 2 of my favorite Belgian-style tripels, Golden Monkey and the Allagash Tripel.

Imperial Eclipse Stout - Basil Hayden (Fifty Fifty Brewing Co)

Picked this up a couple of months ago out in Truckee, CA (near Lake Tahoe). It is a variant of their standard imperial stout, aged in Basil Hayden bourbon barrels. They do around a dozen variants every year. I grabbed only three due to luggage space constraints and wanting to remain married (not necessarily in that order). Will review the others as they are consumed.

Pour is inky black with a very small head, almost looks like a nitro beer. The stout is brewed with honey, which definitely mellowed the bourbon flavors. That made it dangerously drinkable.

No IBUs listed, ABV was 11.9%.

Recommend checking out the brewery's offerings if you are ever in the area.

Haw River strikes again

Already in the running for NC's best brewery (IM[sage-H]O), Haw River's Demitasse espresso singel advances their candidacy. A Belgian-style blonde ale brewed with coffee, the pour is the as-expected bright gold with a medium-sized off-white head. True to the Belgian tradition, hints of bubble gum come through on the palate. The coffee is subtle, but definitely present, and very well-balanced against the yeast flavors. At 5.5% ABV, it's an easy-drinking beer, but also with some heft to it such that it trends more toward sipper than porch-pounder. The one I drank came in a 16-ounce can, gifted to me from a client/golf-partner. Worth seeking out (as is basically everything from Saxapahaw's finest).

Quote Originally Posted by davec View Post
    Picked this up a couple of months ago out in Truckee, CA (near Lake Tahoe). It is a variant of their standard imperial stout, aged in Basil Hayden bourbon barrels. They do around a dozen variants every year. I grabbed only three due to luggage space constraints and wanting to remain married (not necessarily in that order). Will review the others as they are consumed.

Pour is inky black with a very small head, almost looks like a nitro beer. The stout is brewed with honey, which definitely mellowed the bourbon flavors. That made it dangerously drinkable.

No IBUs listed, ABV was 11.9%.

Recommend checking out the brewery's offerings if you are ever in the area.
    LOL. Next time I see y'all...

We traveled from Healdsburg to Lake Tahoe about 5 years ago, dividing time vacationing with friends and attending a meeting, but sadly didn't discover this brewery. I was already maxed out with Russian River Brewing Company beers for interstate commerce purposes so really had no time to discover others and also desiring to maintain domestic tranquility .

Yo, yo, yo.

I'm astounded it's *only* valued at $300M.
    This makes me sad. I don't love BBC, and DFH has long been one of my favorite breweries.

Whoa.

I'll await the thread-consensus view if this combined company's beers are now off-limits because the company is too large and profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I'll await the thread-consensus view if this combined company's beers are now off-limits because the company is too large and profitable.
    I'll let you know after my first 120 Minute Boston Lager . . . . . .