Page 972 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4728729229629709719729739749821022107214721972 ... LastLast
Results 19,421 to 19,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

My beer, but fuse has one, too.

Deduction-Taxman Brewing Company

Buy local then bring back to NC and trade/drink locally again!

Canned on 10/17/18- a bit of worry that was unfounded

Poured aggressively from a 12 ounce can into an oversized Ommegang tulip. Color was dark brown and not cloudy with a foamy, tan head with a moderate amount of Belgian lacing as I sipped with dinner. All the expected nose and palate ticklers, including raisins, dates and figs with dark Belgian candi sugar overtones. IBUs of 20, about as expected with the pretty standard 8% ABV. Paired nicely with my home-cooked cheesesteak with sauteed onions and peppers. Another fine Taxman beverage.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Second purchase from BeachHaus Brewery from Belmar NJ is their Whatchama Lager. Also purchased based on description no tasting. 16oz. can. A seasonal offering, full of dark malts - dark Munich, roasted barley, Carafa3. Dark pour, lots of foam, very thin mouth feel. Very peanut flavor forward, a little chocolate. Only 5.3% abv, 25 ibu’s. This is a very light and drinkable almost desert beer. Not a heavy lager, no BBA. An enjoyable almost light late night sweeter beer. Have to like peanut beers. Not as good as Isley’s Choosey Mother’s, but worth the $14.99 for a 4-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Second purchase from BeachHaus Brewery from Belmar NJ is their Whatchama Lager. Also purchased based on description no tasting. 16oz. can. A seasonal offering, full of dark malts - dark Munich, roasted barley, Carafa3. Dark pour, lots of foam, very thin mouth feel. Very peanut flavor forward, a little chocolate. Only 5.3% abv, 25 ibu’s. This is a very light and drinkable almost desert beer. Not a heavy lager, no BBA. An enjoyable almost light late night sweeter beer. Have to like peanut beers. Not as good as Isley’s Choosey Mother’s, but worth the $14.99 for a 4-pack.
    I don’t think I’ve ever had a peanut beer. I’m intrigued.

Good info. I know one NJ brewery, Flying Fish Brewing Company. Now, I know two.

Does this count?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Bond Bros Pastry #1

A 12% imperial chocolate peanut butter stout.

Tastes like an alcohol infused Reese’s peanut butter cup.

Thick, rich, delicious.

How about this one:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    For Pete's Sake-DuClaw Brewing

The older, stronger, bigger brother of Sweet Baby Jesus.

Mucho thanks to August West (again!) for sneaking this 12 ounce bottle in after Ninjabread Man and before the BBA Sexual Chocolate and an apology for not reviewing it in "sequence."

It's an imperial porter that poured a slightly thin, but dark brown hue with a creamy, tan head. A liquid Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Really. Smelled like peanut butter and cocoa and tasted even more like it. I'll guess IBUs around 40 and the ABV was 9%. Yep, a booze-laden candy treat . This would have been very interesting to sip with a thin sliver of the above mentioned Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate cheesecake but alas, the solid dessert had vanished so we were "left" with this liquid delight.
    See what you miss at tailgates when August West attends...

Not sure Ballast Point bottles/cans this:

Peanut Butter Victory at Sea (draft)-Ballast Point Brewing Company

Another heavyweight, this time a peanut-infused/brewed imperial porter that was dark brown with a medium tan head. Plentiful scents of roasted peanuts, chocolate and coffee (neither infused), followed by roasted grains, cocoa and dark, burnt caramel. I'll guess 30-40 IBUs with a 10% ABV printed on the menu. Our younger daughter's favorite. Certainly worth a pint if you see it on draft or a single at your favorite craft beer shop.

Does this count?

I’ve had plenty of chocolate peanut butter beers, like those you referenced along with the likes of Sweet Baby Jesus.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a beer featuring peanut as a primary adjunct or highlighted flavour.

I’ve had plenty of chocolate peanut butter beers, like those you referenced along with the likes of Sweet Baby Jesus.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a beer featuring peanut as a primary adjunct or highlighted flavour.
    Thought that's probably what you meant. The "search" feature didn't yield any findings about strictly "peanut" beers.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a beer featuring peanut as a primary adjunct or highlighted flavour.[/QUOTE]

Isley Brewery here in Richmond makes a peanut butter porter, Choosey Mother’s. 6.6%, dark, malty, quite good. They barrel aged it a few years ago, haven’t seen it lately. I see a lot more chocolate and oatmeal beers than peanut butter ones.

Isley Brewery here in Richmond makes a peanut butter porter, Choosey Mother’s. 6.6%, dark, malty, quite good. They barrel aged it a few years ago, haven’t seen it lately. I see a lot more chocolate and oatmeal beers than peanut butter ones.[/QUOTE]

A great beer name.

Brings a big smile to my face reading this while dabbing a single tear off my cheek as I'm not sure when I'll see any NG products again as my "source" (aka beer mule) has changed jobs and no longer travels to Wisconsin on business trips.

The Warmest Color-Fullsteam Brewery Collaboration with Out! Raleigh

04/15/19
    Canned

https://untappd.akamaized.net/photos...8_640x640.jpeg

Last night's beer, a pint can trader with fuse from last week. Thanks!

I've never had a purple beer before. Well, maybe some stouts that had plums infused and *looked" a bit purple at the edges but this beer was a clear, brilliant purple (hope the link does the color purple justise-sic). A moderately fizzy, mauve head also appeared atop my elixir. It's an IPA brewed with butterfly pea flower (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoria_ternatea) and my olfactory and gustatory sensors perceived mainly grapefruit, some rind and a huge floral presence. IBUs listed at 25 on Untappd. The label on the can states 7% ABV. Unique and very interesting product that I'd recommend highly, both for its visual appeal and also its intriguing flavors.

The butterfly pea flower:

533px-Flor_de_Clitoria_ternatea.jpg

450 North 420 Juice NEIPA

A hearty thanks to davec for getting this in my hands via devildeac.

Holy smokes, what a pour.
    Crack open the can, and a pineapple and grapefruit aroma immediately escapes.

At first I thought the pour was frothy.
    Nope- this is the most opaque blonde beer I have ever beheld.
    The haze is so thick I could probably balance a spoon on it (no, I did not try).

Pineapple juice straight from the can is spot on (with credit to devildeac on that observation).

I don’t even think I want to drink it, it smells so good.
    Orange, lemon, grapefruit and pineapple in a glorious, saccharine harmony.

Surprisingly beer-y for six percent ABV.
    An orange pith bitterness is mild up front.
    Juiciness abounds on the palate with a satisfying lightly bitter finish.

Wow, is this an enjoyable beer that I will savour every of the sixteen ounces in the can.

A great new to me beer and brewery.
    Cheers, and thanks davec and devildeac! 🍻

450 North 420 Juice NEIPA

A hearty thanks to davec for getting this in my hands via devildeac.

Holy smokes, what a pour.
    Crack open the can, and a pineapple and grapefruit aroma immediately escapes.

At first I thought the pour was frothy.
    Nope- this is the most opaque blonde beer I have ever beheld.
    The haze is so thick I could probably balance a spoon on it (no, I did not try).

Pineapple juice straight from the can is spot on (with credit to devildeac on that observation).

I don’t even think I want to drink it, it smells so good.
    Orange, lemon, grapefruit and pineapple in a glorious, saccharine harmony.

Surprisingly beer-y for six percent ABV.
    An orange pith bitterness is mild up front.
    Juiciness abounds on the palate with a satisfying lightly bitter finish.

Wow, is this an enjoyable beer that I will savour every of the sixteen ounces in the can.

A great new to me beer and brewery.
    Cheers, and thanks davec and devildeac! 🍻
    I thought you might enjoy that brew a wee bit.

Plus, davec appeared quite pleased that I planned to share/trade some of his local brews for some local Triangle brews.

Because it's a warm spring evening, I'm in that kind of mood, fuse traded me the next beer last week and I'm thirsty:

Big Tent Razz-Fullsteam Brewery

04/04/19
    Canned

This is their base golden ale (which I've never tasted) brewed with raspberries.

Well, last PM it was purple rain, err, beer and tonight it's pink beers and I'm comfortable with all that.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass. I still think pink/red beers (Raspberry Tart, Wisconsin Belgian Red, Serendipity, Rubaeus, Blushing Monk) are prettier but yesterday's was very competitive. Big Tent was a clean, pinkish-red hue with a pale pink head. Luscious and seductive aromas of a raspberry soda with mild sweet/tart tastes of raspberries, a drop or two of honey (not added) and some floral Euro-style hops. IBUs estimated at 20-30 and the ABV was 4.5% making it a great beer to pair with a porch swing and a plate of fresh fruits.

Many thanks to fuse for including this in his Brewery Bhavana and players to be named later delivery/trade last week!

Foothills News

Principally for mattman's benefit: Just saw an Instagram post about the upcoming draft/keg release, on May 17th, of Jade IPA aged in Sauvignon Blanc barrels. Available at all three Foothills locations (Footnote, Pub, and Tasting Room), while supplies last . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Principally for mattman's benefit: Just saw an Instagram post about the upcoming draft/keg release, on May 17th, of Jade IPA aged in Sauvignon Blanc barrels. Available at all three Foothills locations (Footnote, Pub, and Tasting Room), while supplies last . . . . .
    Interesting-an IPA in white wine barrels. I'd more likely associate a saison or perhaps a gose with Sauvignon Blanc barrels.