Page 970 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4708709209609689699709719729801020107014701970 ... LastLast
Results 19,381 to 19,400 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

My liver is well rested.

It. Is. About. To. Go. Down.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My liver is well rested.

Live reports/stats?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My liver is well rested.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Live reports/stats?

I’m expecting Kedsy-level advance metrics. Just sayin’.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Off to Brewery Bhavana Cellar Door spring beer get together.

Beautiful day!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Beautiful day!
    Constantly wiping drool from chin and anxiously awaiting your Monday delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of how this Wooden Robot Zero IBU IPA was brewed.

However, other zero IBU beers make the claim based on the fact that they do not add any hops during the brewing process itself. They only add hops during the dry hopping process. I think the idea is that you get hop flavor without bitterness. The two zero IBU IPAs that I have had tasted a bit like watered down IPA. Not awful but not my favorite, but I don't mind some bitterness in my beer.
    Thanks! I don't know enough about brewing beer to have a clue how they did this. WR said they added all the hops on the cold side of the brewing process. This beer was nice. I can only speak for this one of course - it did not taste watered down. You can taste the full flavor of the hops, which are plenty hoppy. It just punches you initially with no bitterness rather than the opposite. I liked the Burial IPA I tried last weekend significantly better. But this beer was very unique and good. Worth trying.

Fuse and Mattman have fun today!

My liver is well rested.

You've got this. You trained for this. Your body is ready.

Beautiful day!
    Not a mattman level 178 breweries beer fest.
    Absolutely a class event.

Greeted at the door with an option for a pilsner or session IPA can and two food tickets to the Queso Monster food truck.

Headed immediately back to the back of the warehouse wood aged beer tasting with five beers on tap- a bourbon barrel aged old ale, two fruited sours (peach and guava), a “tart cuvee” and lager collaboration with Casita Cevericita.

A farmhouse ale and DIPA were also on tap.

We did not partake in what looked like a massive bottle share since we didn’t bring any (guessing close to 100 or more 750ml bottles).

Whiffed on meeting Bond Brothers head brewer and experienced some serious FOMO when he cracked a bottle with 3 other guys and sat and chatted about it.

Queso Monster food was excellent and some needed ballast.

Opted to leave an hour early as we had sampled everything and were well past pleasantly full.

Now contemplating either an appearence at Brueprint 5th anniversary, or a cold brew on the back deck.

Devildeac, your delivery is secure and ready for Monday. I think you’ll be pleased.

Wherever local is, drink local. Drove up to NJ this weekend, stayed in Spring Lake. Closest brewery was BeachHaus brewery in Belmar, been around since 2007.

Drinking their 2018 limited holiday release, Krampus, a spiced ale. Definitely a winter/holiday type beer. 4-pack was $12.99, 16 oz. cans. Looked like they were out but asked and they had some still in the back. Added brown sugar, fig, raisins, clove, cardamom and star anise. Definitely taste the fig, raisin and clove. Poured dark amber with a full head of foam, 9.4% but not boozy, 20 ibu’s. They say every year is different, but I’m going to enjoy/share the other 3. A great blind purchase bought totally off the description as they had none on tap to try.

Brueprint 5th anniversary a chill event.
    Got to hang with some great friends for about an hour.

Enjoyed a great coconut lime sour, and a “red,white and brue” fruited hefeweizen.

Enjoyed a great coconut lime sour, and a “red,white and brue” fruited hefeweizen.
    On a hot/humid day like today, that hefe sounds terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    On a hot/humid day like today, that hefe sounds terrific.
    Mixed blessing that it is a mellow event.
    Hope it does not mean Brueprint is no more in another five years.

Not a mattman level 178 breweries beer fest.
    Absolutely a class event.

Greeted at the door with an option for a pilsner or session IPA can and two food tickets to the Queso Monster food truck.

Headed immediately back to the back of the warehouse wood aged beer tasting with five beers on tap- a bourbon barrel aged old ale, two fruited sours (peach and guava), a “tart cuvee” and lager collaboration with Casita Cevericita.

A farmhouse ale and DIPA were also on tap.

We did not partake in what looked like a massive bottle share since we didn’t bring any (guessing close to 100 or more 750ml bottles).

Whiffed on meeting Bond Brothers head brewer and experienced some serious FOMO when he cracked a bottle with 3 other guys and sat and chatted about it.

Queso Monster food was excellent and some needed ballast.

Opted to leave an hour early as we had sampled everything and were well past pleasantly full.

Now contemplating either an appearence at Brueprint 5th anniversary, or a cold brew on the back deck.

Devildeac, your delivery is secure and ready for Monday. I think you’ll be pleased.
    Sounds like quite an event at BB.

Greatly looking forward to the meet-up. I hope the Taxman provisions, along with a few Ohio brews and a "breakfast" IIPA are as appealing as yours sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Wherever local is, drink local. Drove up to NJ this weekend, stayed in Spring Lake. Closest brewery was BeachHaus brewery in Belmar, been around since 2007.

Drinking their 2018 limited holiday release, Krampus, a spiced ale. Definitely a winter/holiday type beer. 4-pack was $12.99, 16 oz. cans. Looked like they were out but asked and they had some still in the back. Added brown sugar, fig, raisins, clove, cardamom and star anise. Definitely taste the fig, raisin and clove. Poured dark amber with a full head of foam, 9.4% but not boozy, 20 ibu’s. They say every year is different, but I’m going to enjoy/share the other 3. A great blind purchase bought totally off the description as they had none on tap to try.
    Sometimes local whim purchases turn out great. Yours certainly sounds like it did.

I'm pretty certain you brought me a can or two once of that coconut lime sour and I also thought it to be an outstanding beer. "Red, white and brue" also sounds familiar...

Mixed blessing that it is a mellow event.
    Hope it does not mean Brueprint is no more in another five years.
    That would certainly surprise and greatly disappoint me as they've made great strides in variety and quality since I remember Pale Brue Eyes, Zambrueni (?) and Bruenette as some of their starter beers.

Mattman informed me about 5PM that the beerfest he and a friend had planned to attend was cancelled d/t lightning as NFL stadium rules were applied. We both agreed it would safer for his liver and level of consciousness and he could still have a nice assortment of new brews from uptown breweries (where/whatever they might be).

Complete $**** show. I will post more later after I gain full sobriety.

If anyone knows what Frye Fest was.. imagine that, but as a beer festival.

Complete $**** show. I will post more later after I gain full sobriety.

If anyone knows what Frye Fest was.. imagine that, but as a beer festival.
    Wow, massive bummer. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You are getting mighty close...

And, giving you another opportunity to narrow the gap, did you find any more of those Ohio beers palate-worthy?

The Tranquility Base black IPA is quite good. Malty and nicely bitter at the same time. Looks like a porter, but tastes a bitter doppelbock. Thanks again!