Page 964 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549629639649659669741014106414641964 ... LastLast
Results 19,261 to 19,280 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

https://www.brewbound.com/news/weyer...-11-bankruptcy

I guess we will have to wait and see how this shakes out.

I never would have guessed Weyerbacher would declare bankruptcy.
    The spoiled beer drinker in me is reminded that I probably have not bought a Weyerbacher beer in five years or longer, with Imperial Pumpkin being a possible exception.

I posit we are now firmly in the second wave of craft beer, which will consist of:
    -breweries of a certain size being acquired in major markets
    -breweries that have failed to continue to capitalize on evolving beer trends, or that make mediocre beer going out of business
    -“hyperlocal” or limited distribution breweries thriving

🍻

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Hopefully the picture does the beer justice.

Attachment 9343

Looks like grape kool aid.
    Tastes like a world class IPA.
    Purple Rain?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.brewbound.com/news/weyer...-11-bankruptcy

I guess we will have to wait and see how this shakes out.

I never would have guessed Weyerbacher would declare bankruptcy.
    The spoiled beer drinker in me is reminded that I probably have not bought a Weyerbacher beer in five years or longer, with Imperial Pumpkin being a possible exception.

I posit we are now firmly in the second wave of craft beer, which will consist of:
    -breweries of a certain size being acquired in major markets
    -breweries that have failed to continue to capitalize on evolving beer trends, or that make mediocre beer going out of business
    -“hyperlocal” or limited distribution breweries thriving

🍻
    Whoa! Very surprising news. There are many Weyerbacher concoctions that I have enjoyed greatly over the last couple decades. This is about as stunning to me as Bridgeport Brewing going out of business last year.

Singing Tripping William's praises tonight for pick-up and delivery of some additional Hop Cakes.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...ase-131418671/

Our friends down the road getting a New Belgium branded beer.

Pretty cool- given all the Raleigh breweries, interesting to see New Belgium wave the NC State flag.

One tardy review:

Red Wine Barrel Qualified (draft)-Taxman Brewing Company

Two ounce taster while making my take-out selections late Sunday AM.

This is their standard Belgian style quadruple that has been living in malbec barrels for several months.

Pour was a dark brown with hints of ruby at the edges and a very small, light tan head. Complex aromas of wine and dark, dried fruits. Even more tastes to tickle the palate, including raisins, dates, figs, cherries (no fruits added), dark caramel accompanying lots of vinous notes from start to finish. I'll guess 20 for the IBUs and the ABV was 10.5%. Great combination of the ale style with the barrel aging. Sadly, they had sold out of their 4 packs of this several days before my arrival and I was quite fortunate to sample on draft.

From Sunday evening:

Dark Shadow (draft)-ZwanzigZ Pizza and Brewery

Buy local, transport across a state line, then share with family1

Despite limited time in Columbus, IN on Saturday, I was able to convince our family chauffeur to sneak me away from dinner a few minutes early and by this place to grab a howler buy ($4)/fill ($7.50) so we could enjoy after dinner Sunday in the "other" Columbus.

It's a Belgian style quadruple ale so the pour was mahogany color and the nose was mélange of the expected dark, dried fruits, including figs, dates and raisins, followed by the same tastes and accompanied by some dark, rummy notes (not barrel aged), dark Belgian candi sugar and dark, chocolate caramels. The aftertaste was a bit dry and a bit "off" but not spoiled. Pretty boozy at 10.1% ABV with the low IBUs of 22, about as anticipated for the style.

Note to davec: Not to worry, the 450 North brews will be sampled and reviewed later this week as I'll sing your praises again for your delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Singing Tripping William's praises tonight for pick-up and delivery of some additional Hop Cakes.
    Most welcome. Hope the "cellaring" (as it were) didn't adversely affect their quality.

Among the traders, dd bequeathed me a Zaftig Hop Swapper NEIPA. Nice hazy gold color. Medium white head. Nice and hoppy; a little less on the citrus side. Delicious with some Tex-Mex fare, however. Many thanks!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Most welcome. Hope the "cellaring" (as it were) didn't adversely affect their quality.

Among the traders, dd bequeathed me a Zaftig Hop Swapper NEIPA. Nice hazy gold color. Medium white head. Nice and hoppy; a little less on the citrus side. Delicious with some Tex-Mex fare, however. Many thanks!
    Many you're welcomes! Hope you enjoy the other traders and that their quality was not downgraded by an extra month or two in the bottles/cans.

From Sunday evening:

Note to davec: Not to worry, the 450 North brews will be sampled and reviewed later this week as I'll sing your praises again for your delivery.
    No worries on my end, I am a model of patience. I will be curious to hear your thoughts, though.

"Cherry Berry? Brewers give nod to North Carolina ‘elevator lady’ with themed beers"

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...229363914.html

"A Charlotte brewery on Friday announced in a Facebook post that it plans to release a “kettle soured” ale called Elevator Lady. The post from The Unknown Brewing Company includes a “Certification of Hoperation” graphic, which looks similar to postings in North Carolina’s elevators.

Back of the fridge time...a Hardywood Double Barrel GBS. Previously reviewed, even better after 5-6 months. Oak, caramel, fruit, spice. Can’t wait to hear if the other set owners like it as much as I do. Just spectacular. I still have one more from the original set. Maybe 4-5 more months for it.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Back of the fridge time...a Hardywood Double Barrel GBS. Previously reviewed, even better after 5-6 months. Oak, caramel, fruit, spice. Can’t wait to hear if the other set owners like it as much as I do. Just spectacular. I still have one more from the original set. Maybe 4-5 more months for it.
    Excellent! Sounds like just in time for an early tailgate...

(shameless )

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m sitting on two bottles of this acquired in C’ville in December. Probably autumn before I open either one. A truly delicious concoction.

I’m sitting on two bottles of this acquired in C’ville in December. Probably autumn before I open either one. A truly delicious concoction.
    That was indeed a highly fortuitous weekend to be in Hooville. IIRC, you didn't get all the variants from the GBS Complete Set but you came real, real close.

That was indeed a highly fortuitous weekend to be in Hooville. IIRC, you didn't get all the variants from the GBS Complete Set but you came real, real close.
    Maybe half. And tasted one or two others on draft.

From 3/7/19:

Hop Cakes-NoDa Brewing Company

Gratitude first: Tripping William, please stand and take a bow and accept a loud shout out for going an extra mile or three and finding a 4 pack of this and parting with a couple cans that ended up being one for me and one for our son in Ohio. He expressed his appreciation and enjoyment yesterday and I'll double down on that today.

Pour from a pint can looked like this:

Attachment 9139

From the bottom of the pint can:

#showyourcans
    02/07/19 9:14:39
    Batch #479

Loads of mandarin orange scents followed by juicy tastes of oranges, grapefruit juice, zest/rind along with some peach and melons. The Vermont maple syrup, despite their claim of "lots and lots" of it, was somewhat subtle and mildly sweet. Untappd claims IBUs at 118 and I call bovine shenanigans on that stat, unless all that bitterness is incredibly well hidden by the whopping 10.2% ABV of this IIPA and the sweetness of the syrup. No way the mouthfeel was that bitter. Amazing beer. If I see this in Raleigh, which I highly doubt, I'd buy a 4 bagger for that week's beer, even though I have too much already in the cellar/garage/"on the bench."
    From last PM:

Reviewed again so soon because Tripping William was kind enough to get a 4 bagger for me a few weeks ago and save it until our suspicious bowling meet-up yesterday.

"Aging" has done this IIPA no harm but it has changed a bit after hiding another 6.5 weeks in its pint-sized aluminum home. I thought my serving last PM was a bit more rind-y than fruity/juicy, a bit "drier" and had a bit less syrup-y flavors to it. Still, a very highly sippable offering and the other 3 won't last more than another couple weeks.

Another 16 ounces (and more!) worth of thank yous/thank-yous/Thank-Yous/thank you's/or whatever the hell the proper plural form of thank you is.

Maybe half. And tasted one or two others on draft.
    Still, a highly impressive haul/collection.

From 3/7/19:

From last PM:

Reviewed again so soon because Tripping William was kind enough to get a 4 bagger for me a few weeks ago and save it until our suspicious bowling meet-up yesterday.

"Aging" has done this IIPA no harm but it has changed a bit after hiding another 6.5 weeks in its pint-sized aluminum home. I thought my serving last PM was a bit more rind-y than fruity/juicy, a bit "drier" and had a bit less syrup-y flavors to it. Still, a very highly sippable offering and the other 3 won't last more than another couple weeks.

Another 16 ounces (and more!) worth of thank yous/thank-yous/Thank-Yous/thank you's/or whatever the hell the proper plural form of thank you is.
    {insert plural of “you’re most welcome”}

The other Zaftig IPA was quite tasty as well. Less hazy, IM(sage-H)O, but still really good.

{insert plural of “you’re most welcome”}

The other Zaftig IPA was quite tasty as well. Less hazy, IM(sage-H)O, but still really good.
    Yea, Hazy Miss Daisy (still listed on their website) was a standard NEIPA and Hop Swapper (not listed now on their web page) was an imperial NEIPA, or would that be a NEIIPA?