Page 950 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4508509009409489499509519529601000105014501950 ... LastLast
Results 18,981 to 19,000 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Hardywood put out their Banana Bread Ale on tap. It was offered in bottles only to family tree members. It’s a Belgian Quad, brewed with cinnamon, walnut and of course banana. Very drinkable, not heavy at all like a stout. Yet, 9.5%abv. Get the cinnamon up front, banana at the back. Had to let it warm up for about 30 minutes to really enjoy it. Luckily only family members can get a growler fill, so I’ll be drinking it while cheering on our guys this eeekend.

As a side note one of the other family tree only offerings is a bourbon barrel aged barleywine at 14%. I haven’t opened mine, planning on bringing it down for Mr. West and Devildeac this fall. But apparently the reviews have been so good they’ve entered it in the international judging I think in Australia this year.
    Both sound amazing. I'll certainly be thirsty...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hardywood Rye Barrel GBS. Imperial milk stout off their gingerbread stout variant list. 12% abv 55 ibu’s, but I would have thought much less. You can really taste the difference between the bourbon barrel and the rye barrel. Both are good, I thought I liked the BBA better but now I’m not so sure. It’s not quite as boozy, maybe a little sweeter? Very nice addition to the 2018 lineup.

Rum Barrel Pumkin - Hardywood ( should have mentioned this was all part of a flight). 12.3% how do you measure .3? 21 ibu’s.

This is not a stout, much lighter. Definitely rum forward, but not much pumpkin to me. But I liked the rum. Makes me want to open my Rum gbs.
    Have a bottle I’ll save and open come fall. Very drinkable, lighter than I imagined and I liked the rum and low ibu’s.

Hardywood Rye Barrel GBS. Imperial milk stout off their gingerbread stout variant list. 12% abv 55 ibu’s, but I would have thought much less. You can really taste the difference between the bourbon barrel and the rye barrel. Both are good, I thought I liked the BBA better but now I’m not so sure. It’s not quite as boozy, maybe a little sweeter? Very nice addition to the 2018 lineup.
    Rum Barrel Pumkin - Hardywood ( should have mentioned this was all part of a flight). 12.3% how do you measure .3? 21 ibu’s.

This is not a stout, much lighter. Definitely rum forward, but not much pumpkin to me. But I liked the rum. Makes me want to open my Rum gbs.
    Have a bottle I’ll save and open come fall. Very drinkable, lighter than I imagined and I liked the rum and low ibu’s.
    More good stuff. I suspect I'll have some GBS/variant reviews forthcoming next month after our son and his wife visit early April and/or after our trip north over Easter weekend.

https://www.themanual.com/food-and-d...z-malt-liquor/

Not ashamed to admit I’ve had most of these in another life.

Black Currant Bam! (draft)-Broomtail Craft Brewery (probably brewed for their 2nd site, The Sour Barn, about 2.5 miles away)

Drink coastal (Wilmington, NC)!

Half pint after work today as a palate cleanser for the following 2 posts.

Purple haze! Looked like grape lemonade-no head with mildly sour scents. Tasted more like a berry-lemonade with a bit of pucker (it's a sour ale) and a blueberry/blackberry/currant (d'oh!) finish. Mild tartness and not really bitter if that makes sense. I'll guess IBUs of 10. The ABV was 5%. This would be a very pleasant warm weather beer before diner with a plate of fresh fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.themanual.com/food-and-d...z-malt-liquor/

Not ashamed to admit I’ve had most of these in another life.
    I'm not sure I've ever had any of them, and, if I did, I'll claim amnesia anyway.

From 10/2/16:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    James Bean-Allagash Brewing

Think BBA Triple Overhead run through a Randall full of your favorite coffee beans. Take the Allagash Tripel, incubate it in some old Jim Bean barrels and then add cold press local coffee. Pour from a corked and caged 750 ml bottler was a cloudy, straw color with a generous, lacy, fizzy head that lingered throughout most of my 1st (and 2nd ) 5 ounce pourings. Nose of banana, orange, whiskey and a light roast java. Taste was a cornucopia of flavors, included the expected bananas, light/medium brown sugar, a little black pepper, orange, booze, toasted coconut, vanilla with a very subtle, but noticeable coffee finish. August West graciously contributed this delightful concoction and he and I consumed most of his offering. I'll guess IBUs of 20 and the ABV was 10.8%. Definitely a nightcap (even though we sipped this at noon ) or dessert beverage. Ingredients below:

Grains: Allagash 2-Row Malted Barley Blend
    Hops: Tettnang and Hallertau
    Spices/Other: White Cane Sugar, Cold-Brewed Coffee
    Yeast: House

So happy to have sampled this after our younger son-in-law raved about it a couple weeks ago on draft at Tyler's in Carrboro and had a very small sip myself at Bottle Revolution shortly thereafter.
    From tonight:

Barrel and Bean (draft)-Allagash Brewing

I thought this sounded familiar and one of the employees at Bottle Revolution confirmed my suspicions.

This was a 2 ounce sample between half pints. Appeared an orange-amber color with a small, foamy head. Aromas and tastes pretty similar to the 2016 tasting with IBUs low and ABV on the electronic beer board at 10%. If didn't have a bunch of beer from last month, I'd have bought a 4 pack of this. Highly recommended.

KBS apparently released on/about 3/15 for national distribution on a much larger/wider scale than prior years. More later...

https://twitter.com/beerbabe/status/1109173405570478080?s=21

Wish I knew a better way to share this twitter thread on the top ten Beer Advocate beers from 2002.

Eye opening landscape change.

https://twitter.com/beerbabe/status/1109173405570478080?s=21

Wish I knew a better way to share this twitter thread on the top ten Beer Advocate beers from 2002.

Eye opening landscape change.
    My first beer "list" from 1996:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=13...10.CIL0fhaT3wU

Unfortunately, I can't find the actual list and don't own the book .

I'm pretty sure Rogue's Shakespeare Stout is #1. My, how times have changed.

I think Other Half Brewing owns a lot of spots on various lists we've linked here, especially IPAs and IIPAs. I've never tasted any of their beers .

I think Other Half Brewing owns a lot of spots on various lists we've linked here, especially IPAs and IIPAs. I've never tasted any of their beers .
    I feel reasonably confident I’ve had a few in my trips to Long Island in the past four years. Not sure I could be more specific, though.

Dale's Pale Ale never gets old.

From 4/11/17:

From 9/21/14:

From last PM:

KBS (draft)-Founders Brewing Company

Kentucky Breakfast Stout. Decadent.

Eight ounce pour ($5.50!) at Bottle Revolution, about 1.5 blocks from my office. Freshly tapped.

Appearance: Darn near black
    Head: Moderate, foamy, mocha
    Aromas: Espresso, baker's chocolate
    Mouthfeel: Viscous, chewy, fudgy
    Tastes: Huge amounts of dark cacao, espresso, over-toasted pumpernickel bread, roasted figs/dates and a warm, mildly boozy finish
    IBU: 70
    ABV: 11.8%

Worth the hype? Yes, as I uncommonly search for rare beers and will splurge on a find like this a few times a year, especially as a beer club member at Bottle Revolution that's a 2 minute walk from my office. How did that help here? They sent an email out last week announcing their lottery: Pick up your ticket after 4 PM and that allowed you to buy 2 bottles (just under $6 each for 12 ounces) after 5 PM. So, after my draft and 2 bottle purchase, I chatted with the owner and saw several tickets were unused and almost 2 cases unsold (they received 3) and inquired if I could purchase 2 more. He said, "Sip your draft and come see me in about 10 minutes. Should be no problem." Fifteen minutes later, the 4 pack was discretely complete.
    From last PM:

KBS (draft)-Founders Brewing Company

Did anyone know that it's actually Canal Street Brewing Company dba Founders Brewing Company?

Price increase for 2019 now $6/half pint pour .

Dark chocolate, chewy, fudge-y bourbon ball, dipped in ground coffee. In a glass. There are hints of molasses, dark caramel and dried fruits, too. IBUs are the same and this year's ABV is now 12.3% and it is frighteningly quaffable. The two bottles that'll be delivered in 2 weeks from Ohio at $6 each will preclude another half pint or pint draft for me again this weekend or next week. Outstanding BBA flavored imperial stout.

I'm shocked, shocked I say, that fuse didn't drop this article/list here:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...-and-breweries

Be patient. There are some really good selections/nominees near the end of the list.

Unfiltered Wheat Beer-Boulevard Brewing Company (Duvel Moortgat Brewery)

Secret code stampage etched (printed?) on bottom of can:
    L010419 19:20
    03JUN2019 C

Beer #1 from my March beer club 4 pack.

Why? Because I can't drink dubbels, tripels, IIPAs and imperial stouts all the time.

A rapid pour from a 12 ounce can brought forth a cloudy, fizzy, straw-yellow liquid whose head quickly faded. Mild banana, bubble gum and orange juice scents burst forth from my standard pint glass. Orange flavors were more prominent on the palate along with a hint of spiciness, likely coriander or clove (or both?), followed by some banana, hay and bubble gum. IBUs were 14 (quite mild) and the ABV was 4.4% so no imperial wheat beer or wheat wine here . Quite a pleasant beverage. Would pair well with sweet and sour dishes or a fruit plate.

Went to Blue Moon Beach Grill last night and had Duck Rabbit brown, pretty tame as far as browns go. Not as heavy or thick as most. Decent. Also had a red ale that was local which was fair. Forget which brewery. Long night😛

I'm shocked, shocked I say, that fuse didn't drop this article/list here:

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...-and-breweries

Be patient. There are some really good selections/nominees near the end of the list.

I was getting excited that I was going to be 100% until I hit Dark Lord. 22/25 missing Dark Lord, Pliny the Younger, and Julius.