Page 943 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 443843893933941942943944945953993104314431943 ... LastLast
Results 18,841 to 18,860 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

[QUOTE=devildeac;1135837]You most certainly are worthy. Hardywoods count double.

Did you ever try the Caliente? I only have two now and they’ve sold out.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 03-05-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1135886]
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You most certainly are worthy. Hardywoods count double.

Did you ever try the Caliente? I only have two now and they’ve sold out.
    Our son shared a Coffee Vanilla Cherry Dire Wolf imperial stout (non-BBA) on Thursday when we arrived and I shared the Apple Brandy Barrel-Aged GBS. He was on call Sunday PM when we returned so no beer for him. They'll be visiting Raleigh 4/3 to 4/7 so we'll have the Caliente then.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Not enough beer after that @#$% show.

Not enough beer after that @#$% show.
    No kidding. I had to break open another BBA GBS, and I was saving it till the fall. Between the uncheats, the ACC tourney and the NCAA tourney, I may run out of my Hardywood stash.

Hazy Miss Daisy-Zaftig Brewing Company

Trade local!

"Bottled On:
    1/8/2019
    Batch 263
    slurp juice"

I don't print/plan the labels, I only read/copy them .

First brew in a generous amount of traders from our son this weekend.

As you might guess, this is a NEIPA and the 12 ounce pour into a boring pint glass was orange-yellow and cloudy with a moderate, foamy head. Very interesting tropical nose with little citrus. Tastes were as intriguing with guava, mango, papaya with a splash of pineapple and some orange zest. Untapped claimed 41 IBUs which sounds about right but could not verify on their website. ABV is 7%. This would pair nicely with fruited and/or mildly spicy entrees and is a very good example of the style. I've got 5 of these left. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Entertaining.

Hop Cakes-NoDa Brewing Company

Gratitude first: Tripping William, please stand and take a bow and accept a loud shout out for going an extra mile or three and finding a 4 pack of this and parting with a couple cans that ended up being one for me and one for our son in Ohio. He expressed his appreciation and enjoyment yesterday and I'll double down on that today.

Pour from a pint can looked like this:

ba72a9e02e52cb3086a8e1bfb1470ac9_640x640.jpg

From the bottom of the pint can:

#showyourcans
    02/07/19 9:14:39
    Batch #479

Loads of mandarin orange scents followed by juicy tastes of oranges, grapefruit juice, zest/rind along with some peach and melons. The Vermont maple syrup, despite their claim of "lots and lots" of it, was somewhat subtle and mildly sweet. Untappd claims IBUs at 118 and I call bovine shenanigans on that stat, unless all that bitterness is incredibly well hidden by the whopping 10.2% ABV of this IIPA and the sweetness of the syrup. No way the mouthfeel was that bitter. Amazing beer. If I see this in Raleigh, which I highly doubt, I'd buy a 4 bagger for that week's beer, even though I have too much already in the cellar/garage/"on the bench."

Hop Cakes-NoDa Brewing Company

Gratitude first: Tripping William, please stand and take a bow and accept a loud shout out for going an extra mile or three and finding a 4 pack of this and parting with a couple cans that ended up being one for me and one for our son in Ohio. He expressed his appreciation and enjoyment yesterday and I'll double down on that today.

Pour from a pint can looked like this:

ba72a9e02e52cb3086a8e1bfb1470ac9_640x640.jpg

From the bottom of the pint can:

#showyourcans
    02/07/19 9:14:39
    Batch #479

Loads of mandarin orange scents followed by juicy tastes of oranges, grapefruit juice, zest/rind along with some peach and melons. The Vermont maple syrup, despite their claim of "lots and lots" of it, was somewhat subtle and mildly sweet. Untappd claims IBUs at 118 and I call bovine shenanigans on that stat, unless all that bitterness is incredibly well hidden by the whopping 10.2% ABV of this IIPA and the sweetness of the syrup. No way the mouthfeel was that bitter. Amazing beer. If I see this in Raleigh, which I highly doubt, I'd buy a 4 bagger for that week's beer, even though I have too much already in the cellar/garage/"on the bench."
    Most welcome. Believe I can easily get more, as Stella had a whole display of it last week. I enjoyed mine muchly.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Most welcome. Believe I can easily get more, as Stella had a whole display of it last week. I enjoyed mine muchly.
    If you have bizness (or pleasure) in Raleigh the next few weeks, I'm interested. Cash or trade for some Ohio brews ()? My Columbus beer mule, err, son, will be passing through your fine city on Wednesday 4/3 but likely won't be until about 900 PM. We don't have any 10 pin scheduled until Easter weekend...

If you have bizness (or pleasure) in Raleigh the next few weeks, I'm interested. Cash or trade for some Ohio brews ()? My Columbus beer mule, err, son, will be passing through your fine city on Wednesday 4/3 but likely won't be until about 900 PM. We don't have any 10 pin scheduled until Easter weekend...
    I’ll try to pay another visit to my gal Stella and let you know.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

These Incendiary Devices-Burial Beer Company and Ancillary Fermentation

A local collaboration!

Stamped on bottom of pint can:

25JAN2019
    Warhol

One of the murkiest pours I've ever seen without visible particulate matter/chunky stuff. Color was a yellow-orange-light amber. Head was moderate and foamy. Nose of a citrus and tropical fruit salad with tastes of oranges, pineapples, grapefruits, berries, papaya and guava. It's labeled a pitaya IPA and I learned tonight that pitaya is also known as dragon fruit. Very mild bitterness with my guess about 40. The ABV is 7%. IIRC, the cost was about $4.50 and totally worth it for an unusual but intriguing and very palate-pleasing ale. Some label items:

Grains: rolled oats and wheat berries
    Aged on: dragon fruit, strawberries and wild blueberries
    Hops: Medusa. Mosaic, Azacca, Eldorado and a dose of coconut-projecting experimental hops

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I’ll try to pay another visit to my gal Stella and let you know.
    You're a good fellow and I'll spread the word.

From 12/11/13:

Christmas Ale-Great Lakes Brewing

Fresh from the shores of Lake Erie (well, not quite as my son brought back a 6er of this from the Akron, Ohio area after Thanksgiving), this is my first tasting ever of this brew which I heard was distributed in the Triangle area with some stores imposing a limit of two 6ers per customer. It's basically an amber ale but at 7.5% ABV, it really is an "imperial" amber. Poured a light copper color with a small head, ginger makes the first pass on your olfactory lobe, followed by cinnamon. There's also a bit of baked bread/croissant aroma. Cinnamon is also the first taste, along with the cinnamon. The honey adds a nice sweetness to the mix, like you might drizzle some of it on your breakfast toast/biscuit. Very mild hop presence as the IBUs are only 30. If you want to avoid spiced seasonal brews, you might not want to bother with this one. However, if you like winter ales and this combination sounds intriguing, I'd certainly look for a pint on draft or sample a bottle if offered during the season. Pair with chocolate covered pretzels or fruitcake (ducks and runs).
    From tonight:

Christmas Ale (best by 2/11/19*)-Great Lakes Brewing Company

*OK, I'm late by almost a month . It was still very palatable.

This was another ale I bought 3 of last month: one for a 30th birthday gift for our younger daughter, a trader for our son (it wasn't his birthday ) and one for me. At about $1.50 each on a close-out special at a new, nearby bottle shop, the cheap SOB in me couldn't resist .

I don't think much has changed since the 2013 edition. A nice, spiced winter ale that's not over-powering.

Found a four pack of the Ardent BBA milk stout. Had it on draft at the brewery, previously reviewed. Bottles are also good, like sipping a bourbon, boozy chocolate beer. Desert in a bottle. Worth the $15 for the four.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Found a four pack of the Ardent BBA milk stout. Had it on draft at the brewery, previously reviewed. Bottles are also good, like sipping a bourbon, boozy chocolate beer. Desert in a bottle. Worth the $15 for the four.
    Sounds like a really good price @ < $4/bottle.

After the no Zion announcement, what's the most bitter beer in America?

Asking for a friend...

After the no Zion announcement, what's the most bitter beer in America?

Asking for a friend...
    Below article is dated.
    Unless I have missed an update that the human palate can’t percieve IBUs greater than 125, I don’t see the point in any of these beers beyond the statement “because we could”.

https://firstwefeast.com/drink/hoppiest-beers-of-all-time/

I still think first round NCAAs is when we see Zion back. Also guessing we’ll be the highest two seed if we lose to UNC and don’t win the ACC tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Below article is dated.
    Unless I have missed an update that the human palate can’t percieve IBUs greater than 125, I don’t see the point in any of these beers beyond the statement “because we could”.

https://firstwefeast.com/drink/hoppi...s-of-all-time/

I still think first round NCAAs is when we see Zion back. Also guessing we’ll be the highest two seed if we lose to UNC and don’t win the ACC tournament.
    1. Thanks.

2. You're very likely correct on the palate and seeding issues.