Page 930 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 430830880920928929930931932940980103014301930 ... LastLast
Results 18,581 to 18,600 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/...r-bowl-history

Maybe not the best beer ad in history, a funny one nonetheless.
    Interesting backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Paging CameronBornAndBred...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Big weekend at the Indiana Winterfest. Will do my best to have a report in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Big weekend at the Indiana Winterfest. Will do my best to have a report in the coming days.
    Really looking forward to this one as we're headed to Chicago late this month via Columbus, OH. Will also be journeying to Columbus, IN in mid/late April via Columbus, OH, too.

https://www.brewbound.com/news/sierr...ufferfest-beer

SN’s first acquisition. Brewery I’ve never heard of...

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.brewbound.com/news/sierr...ufferfest-beer

SN’s first acquisition. Brewery I’ve never heard of...
    There are soooooo many US craft breweries now (>7000 as of late 2018-can't remember who posted that stat here), even keeping up with new city/county/state ones is difficult, let alone across the country.

Wine Barrel Aged Joco White Tater (draft)-Deep River Brewing Company

Drink local! From Johnston County's first legal brewery .

Spent all my beer money tonight on a pint when I asked for a half pint .

Pour was a cloudy, dark brown with a small head. Very vinous aromas followed by tastes of dark fruits (it's a Belgian-style dubbel made with Johnston County white sweet 'taters) soaked in red wine. Mildly (brown sugary) sweet with earthy/herbal bitterness but not too much, guessing 30 IBUs, maybe less. The non-barrel aged product is 7.8% ABV and this was listed on the electronic beer board as the same but the cans claim 9.1% and that's likely the truth. At $7/pint, it was good and I'm happy to have tasted but I'd buy the pint can for $3.59 next time .

Winter Porter (Brewed on 01/23/19)-C*rolina Brewing Company ("brewing tasty liquids since 1995")

Drink local!

First beverage from my February beer club 4 pack.

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a standard pint glass with a dark brown hue and a modest, tan head. Dark roasted grains on the nose and toasted pumpernickel bread, coffee, dark caramel and some burnt milk chocolate sauce on the palate. I'll guess IBUs about 30 here with the ABV at 5.2%. I *think* this is the first microbrewery in the Triangle area, unless Weeping Radish preceded them. Solid but unspectacular brew.

From 3/24/16:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 4/4/15:

Palo Santo Marron (2/2/11)-Dogfish Head Brewing

I'm still celebrating.

I must "cellar" my ales more carefully than fuse because I thought this 4+ year old version was outstanding. It's an "unfiltered and unfettered" brown ale that is aged in 10,000 gallon Paraguayan Palo Alto wood vessels. Poured an almost opaque mahogany hue with hints of ruby with a very small, short-lived head. Aromas of dark, dried fruits, wood and vanilla. Tastes of the same with a hint of smoke, some caramelized dark sugar and dark rummy notes. Exquisitely smooth and almost oily. This was dangerously drinkable despite its 12% ABV as I allowed it to warm a bit and sipped this 12 ounce serving from a pint glass over 30-45 minutes. Hops are merely bystanders here, even with stated IBUs of 50. This is one of those buy-it-if-you-see-it ales, guessing a 4 pack will set you back about $15 so you can drink one, trade one and age a couple for several years. I've got one left and can't decide what to do with it...

From the last 2 nights:

Another (almost) year of aging, another vintage ale. Same tasting impressions, perhaps even a bit smoother and more resembling a port instead of an imperial brown ale. Always worth having one of these in your storage area.
    From last PM:

Palo Santo Marron (draft)-Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Two ounce taster of this after the Wine Barrel Aged Joco Tater and, at 12% ABV, that was plenty.

All the above still applies. This is a superb wood-aged imperial brown ale and may spur a trip to Total Wine this week to see if it's available as a 4 pack to include one in our daughter's 30 beers for 30 years birthday celebration present at the end of this month.

Wine Barrel Aged Joco White Tater (draft)-Deep River Brewing Company

Drink local! From Johnston County's first legal brewery .

Spent all my beer money tonight on a pint when I asked for a half pint .

Pour was a cloudy, dark brown with a small head. Very vinous aromas followed by tastes of dark fruits (it's a Belgian-style dubbel made with Johnston County white sweet 'taters) soaked in red wine. Mildly (brown sugary) sweet with earthy/herbal bitterness but not too much, guessing 30 IBUs, maybe less. The non-barrel aged product is 7.8% ABV and this was listed on the electronic beer board as the same but the cans claim 9.1% and that's likely the truth. At $7/pint, it was good and I'm happy to have tasted but I'd buy the pint can for $3.59 next time .
    And where, pray tell, did you find this gem? Surely you didn't actually travel into Johnston County . . . . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    And where, pray tell, did you find this gem? Surely you didn't actually travel into Johnston County . . . . . . .
    LOL.

On draft at Bottle Revolution, 1.5 blocks from my office. They also have it in pint cans for $3.59 or $3.79 each. If Stella carries other Deep River products, you might find it there or inquire if they could procure it for you. If not, I could easily stroll down there tomorrow after work and pick up one or several.

LOL.

On draft at Bottle Revolution, 1.5 blocks from my office. They also have it in pint cans for $3.59 or $3.79 each. If Stella carries other Deep River products, you might find it there or inquire if they could procure it for you. If not, I could easily stroll down there tomorrow after work and pick up one or several.
    Mucho apreciado. I have been meaning to make a Stella run here soon.

Mucho apreciado. I have been meaning to make a Stella run here soon.
    Lemme know on Ymm, Beer (or via PM or text) sometime today or by about 5PM tomorrow and I'll cheerfully make the short jaunt to Bottle Rev after work tomorrow. Might even be thirsty when I get there .

Lemme know on Ymm, Beer (or via PM or text) sometime today or by about 5PM tomorrow and I'll cheerfully make the short jaunt to Bottle Rev after work tomorrow. Might even be thirsty when I get there .
    Far be it from me to prevent you from slaking your thirst . . . . .

Go ahead & grab me a four-pack (if that's what they come in), because I won't get over to Stella until at least the weekend.

Far be it from me to prevent you from slaking your thirst . . . . .

Go ahead & grab me a four-pack (if that's what they come in), because I won't get over to Stella until at least the weekend.
    Look for a Ymm, Beer alert/update tomorrow evening between 500 and 600 PM (or, 1700-1800 hours Bob Green time ) from a well-hydrated patron/beer hunter.

Ruby Lager (bottled on 11/13/18)-Olde Hickory Brewing Company

Drink (sorta) nearby beers!

Beer #2 from my February beer club 4 pack.

I must admit, I was not too excited about an Olde Hickory lager when I received my e-mail that this month's selections were ready but was pleasantly surprised after sipping with ziti and meat sauce for tonight. Not a great pairing but each were good as standalones.

Poured aggressively from a 12 ounce bottle into a standard pint glass and was rewarded with a foamy, slightly off-white head topping a reddish-amber beverage. Nose of toasted grains and tastes of medium brown caramel, flowers, some herbal/earthy hop bitterness and roasted nuttiness. IBUs at 20 and the ABV was 4%. Happy to have sampled the single but wouldn't buy/trade any more.

Family membership beers from Hardywood

Won a family tree membership to Hardywood for 2019 (thru a lottery), which of course I paid for...but besides getting to pre-purchase limited releases like the Ruse, they do quarterly specials just for members. My first quarterly "box" -

-Knob Creek barrel aged Barleywine - 14% abv, aged 9 months. True english style barleywine using Marris Otter base malt and East Kent Golding hops.
    -Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut - 10% abv. Cassowary base stout blended with almond, toasted coconut and Madagascar vanilla bean.
    -Banana Bread Ale - 9.5% abv. Equal parts Cassowary and Belgian style-quad, with cinnamon spice, banana and walnut flavors.

Pickup February 15th, plus a Teku glass and $5 gift card for drafts...which ones to drink and which ones to bring to football tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Won a family tree membership to Hardywood for 2019 (thru a lottery), which of course I paid for...but besides getting to pre-purchase limited releases like the Ruse, they do quarterly specials just for members. My first quarterly "box" -

-Knob Creek barrel aged Barleywine - 14% abv, aged 9 months. True english style barleywine using Marris Otter base malt and East Kent Golding hops.
    -Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut - 10% abv. Cassowary base stout blended with almond, toasted coconut and Madagascar vanilla bean.
    -Banana Bread Ale - 9.5% abv. Equal parts Cassowary and Belgian style-quad, with cinnamon spice, banana and walnut flavors.

Pickup February 15th, plus a Teku glass and $5 gift card for drafts...which ones to drink and which ones to bring to football tailgating?
    Bring all of them to tailgate so we can *help* you with your tastings .

Seriously, great luck on your part. Congrats. I'd bring the barleywine as we all know how much August West enjoys those high ABV brews.