Page 924 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 424824874914922923924925926934974102414241924 ... LastLast
Results 18,461 to 18,480 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

NFL Playoffs of Beer

Abita, etc. > Whatever may come out of LA

And

NEIPA’s > Boulevard

That said, Geaux Saints and Geaux Chefs!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Abita, etc. > Whatever may come out of LA

And

NEIPA’s > Boulevard

That said, Geaux Saints and Geaux Chefs!
    Little bird tells me Brady is sipping an O'Doul's right now as he supervises the deflation of some footballs.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    If you ever get a chance to check out Trophy in Raleigh, it is some of the best in the area! Also, Bond Brothers in Cary ranks as one of my faves.
    Glad you’ve joined the thread. Both Trophy and Bond Brothers make excellent beer.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Little bird tells me Brady is sipping an O'Doul's right now as he supervises the deflation of some footballs.
    Certainly wouldn’t be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Glad you’ve joined the thread. Both Trophy and Bond Brothers make excellent beer.
    +1 about your joining the thread. +3 about Trophy.

Patience, grasshoppa. Ask and you shall receive (although timing was such that none was actually "celebratory").

(1) Pregame: Burial's Shadowclock Pilsner. I go back and forth between whether Burial or Haw River is NC's best brewery. This pils was as flavorful as any I have had in this style. Pours a bright gold, with a nice, foamy white head. I usually find pilsner's to have a sharpness to them, and this had a little bit, but it was much more "rounded" than most. Their website claims aromas of wildflower, honey, and lemon, which is tough to dispute. Saaz, Saphir, and Tettnang hops, with IBUs of 35 and ABV at 5.5% And excellent way to start warming up for the game action.

(2) First Half: Ommegang Hennepin Saison. I have had this beer previously. The color and head are a lot like the Shadowclock, but the flavor profile is vastly different. It is brewed with ginger, coriander, and orange peel, making it spicy and fruity at the same time. ABV at 7.7%, so a bit of gravity to it.

(3) Second Half: Bombshell Ubernight Stout: Brewed with locally roasted coffee and vanilla, this was a delicious dessert beer. I think it may be the first I have had from Bombshell (located in Holly Springs, NC). Pours a nice, dark color with a thin tan head. The vanilla is very prevalent on the nose and palate, and really smooths this beer out. In fact, it's so easy-drinking at 9.6% ABV that, if you're not careful, an Uber might be needed at the conclusion of the night. (I'm sorry; I'll see my way to the door.)

Are my answers to your satisfaction?
    They exceeded expectations .

All excellent selections.

I'll let fuse comment if Bombshell is working itself into a higher tier like Brueprint, Gizmo, Bond Brothers have done now that your 3rd review of a high gravity/special product from them appears to indicate that.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They exceeded expectations .

All excellent selections.

I'll let fuse comment if Bombshell is working itself into a higher tier like Brueprint, Gizmo, Bond Brothers have done now that your 3rd review of a high gravity/special product from them appears to indicate that.
    I see you, devildeac...

I’ve very rarely/infrequently had Bombshell beer.
    What I have had recalls more mediocrity (Mason Jar, Aviator, maybe even Southern Peak) than anything that stands out.

I’d be the first to admit my critique is dated and unfair.

Hefeweizen (from label: bottled on 8/22/18)-Old Hickory Brewery

Not exactly fresh but a thief and beggar can't be choosy as I pilfered this from our older daughter's on Friday for an "additional charge" for hound-sitting ).

Poured in a spirited manner from a 12 ounce bottle into a Sam Adams White Ale glass after dinner and during the first half of last PM's tussle. A large, fizzy head quickly appeared and disappeared almost as rapidly. You want aromas of banana, clove and bubble gum? You got 'em! You want typical wheat beer tastes? Ditto. Color was yellow and the visual was cloudy, pretty typical for an unfiltered wheat ale. IBUs and ABV represent the style accurately at 10 and 4.5%, respectively. Solid offering and helped to calm the nerves a bit and loosen up the dance steps as we headed out for a night of ballroom dancing, following the rest of the contest by phone .

https://www.fullsteam.ag/beer/steak-knives

Fuse hung crepe on this one somewhere upthread. Shameful .

"Steak Knives, our imperial Coffee Stout brewed with lactose and Sumatra cold-press coffee (Morrisville, NC), returns on Thursday, January 31."

Hopefully, this counts as a celebratory brew last PM:

Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout (bottled on 06/28/18)-Stone Brewing

Woot!!

This was included in my July beer club 4 pack and amazingly made it until 2019. I've enjoyed this in the past so when I saw a single for about $2.75, IIRC, I bought that but wasn't going to splurge $16+ for the 6er.

An aggressive pour was almost black into a Founders snifter and generated a large, creamy tan head. Pretty complex aromas of dark chocolate, molasses, dark fruits, must and hints of bourbon and meant to resemble a Kentucky Derby Pie. Palate matches nicely with olfactory sensations with nuts (pecans added) and a trace of licorice. IBUs at 45 and the ABV was 11.5%. Liquid dessert as a nightcap.

Rumor has it that mattman had some Ponysaurus beers yesterday but not counting on any verification of that.

401(Cake) - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Brown Ale - 8% ABV - Notes of coco, coconut, and vanilla. A relatively light body, considering the the style.

American Beauty (2018) - Dogfish Head - Pale Ale - 6.5% ABV - 50 IBU - A collaboration beer with the Grateful Dead? Seems odd, but it's the truth. This is a perfect pale ale. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a six pack, but it was the right choice. I believe there are hints of honey, and it has just a slight sweetness. Fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    401(Cake) - Taxman Brewing Company - Belgian Brown Ale - 8% ABV - Notes of coco, coconut, and vanilla. A relatively light body, considering the the style.

American Beauty (2018) - Dogfish Head - Pale Ale - 6.5% ABV - 50 IBU - A collaboration beer with the Grateful Dead? Seems odd, but it's the truth. This is a perfect pale ale. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on a six pack, but it was the right choice. I believe there are hints of honey, and it has just a slight sweetness. Fantastic.
    Ha! I saw this on the tap list at a nearby beer/wine shop but haven't visited yet:

"In 2013, we released American Beauty, a collaboration with the Grateful Dead. Dogfish Head and the Grateful Dead both built their followings by connecting directly with their fans, so we asked those loyal fans to help drive the beer’s recipe. After more than 1,500 ingredient suggestions, granola came out on top! This year, American Beauty is back for an encore! Clocking in at 6.5% ABV (to mark the year the Grateful Dead was formed, 1965), this psychedelic pale ale is brewed with granola and succulent wildflower honey, and boasts malty and sweet notes of honey, toasted grain and citrus. After one taste of American Beauty, there will be nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!"

And then there were 2:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrin...bfcL&ocid=iehp

"The beer revolution will leave just two states — Utah and Minnesota — where only 3.2 percent beer may be sold in grocery and convenience stores."

And then there were 2:

"The beer revolution will leave just two states — Utah and Minnesota — where only 3.2 percent beer may be sold in grocery and convenience stores."
    I’ll take Utah as the last holdout in a pie bet against anyone.

And then there were 2:

that surprises me, Sotans really love their beer. (One summer I was a bartender in Brainerd, of Fargo fame...best customer was Gordon Lightfoot...encouraging to see he is still up and around at age 80, because back then
    he had a profoundly bad drinking problem...)

I’ll take Utah as the last holdout in a pie bet against anyone.
    I'm confident even richardjackson199 would not take that bet.

From 4/24/18 and inspired to purchase by Tripping William:

Bought tonight based on my memory of a favorable review but not "searched" until after purchased. Glad the brain cells still work reasonably well.

Grand Cru-Southern Pines Brewing Company.

I think my can was about $4.50; another nice drop.

Not too much to add to the above dead-on-target review except maybe my perception of some dark caramel and hints of dark rum throughout my extended tasting.
    From last PM:

Grand Cru (no date on can)-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Worth another visit/taste.

Pint can sipped over an hour from a Gouden Carolus chalice.

From memory: IBUs about 25 and ABV 10.5%. Dark brown and clean until the last half ounce which became a bit cloudy. Labeled as a dark, strong Belgian-style ale, this pleased the palate from first sip to last with dark, dried fruits, dark Belgian candi sugar, plums (not added), some rich, milk chocolate (not added) and a warming, rummy ending (not barrel-aged). Would buy again at that price without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post

Saw American Beauty was displayed in our Publix tonight along with a DIPA by Dogfish (can't remember/find it's name). Liked it's packaging, sure it's a worthy beer, actually, both. We have plenty of Hardywood Raspberry Stout on hand, so I'll procure some and have some other Hardywood Xmas beer leftover, I'll grab that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Saw American Beauty was displayed in our Publix tonight along with a DIPA by Dogfish (can't remember/find it's name). Liked it's packaging, sure it's a worthy beer, actually, both. We have plenty of Hardywood Raspberry Stout on hand, so I'll procure some and have some other Hardywood Xmas beer leftover, I'll grab that, too.
    New DIPA from DFH? The only ones I know are their 90 and 120 Minute IIPAs, and the latter is really stretching that definition/category. Will have to investigate this one a bit more. Sounds interesting.