Page 912 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 412812862902910911912913914922962101214121912 ... LastLast
Results 18,221 to 18,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    AMB Edge of a Dream Spiced BBA Stout

Surruptiously shared in the Bond Brothers tap room with devildeac.

Inky black pour in a small sample glass.

Had a bit of a minty / spicy nose.

Major concerns pre-sip about peppers in beer.

Turns out to be a very heavily spiced beer, lots of cinnamon and vanilla, that masks the pepper.

A very fun beer to share, glad that devildeac brought it to enjoy.

Thinking there will be a review of the BBA Cherry People’s porter a bit later.
    Edge of a Dream-Appalachian Mountain Brewery

500 ml bottle gifted to me for including our son's friend in the GBS: The Complete Set adventure. It was only fair/fitting that fuse share this (peppers or no peppers) as he was the beer mule for the pick-up from accfanfrom1970, even if neither of us really are fans of peppers in beer. This one change my mind significantly.

Darn near everything above is on-target. I'm not sure it's a bourbon barrel-aged beer as I didn't perceive much booze on the palate except for the 9% ABV . The "heat" was a bit more evident as it warmed over 20-30 minutes but never reached the "burn" or "fire" stage. No IBUs quoted so I'll guess 50 based on the imperial stout style. They apparently have several variants of this and both our son and his GBS-sharing friend suggested being on the look-out for them as they've been quite good.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    People's BBL Aged Cherry Porter (crowler)-Foothills Brewing

A tip of the tulip to Tripping William for posting on Ymm, Beer that this was available. I likely don't even know this exists w/o his notification.

Crowlered 12/22 at Falls Village Wine and Beer with a 20% discount because I asked the very nice owner if this was on his discount list and he said, "Sure!"

Shared 3 ways last PM. Poured a dark brown with a thin, creamy, tan head. Seductive aromas of chocolate, cherries and bourbons. Even more decadent tastes of the same, including dark milk chocolate, dark cherry juice, a little sweet/a little tart, a splash of coffee (not added), vanilla (not added) and mild, warming bourbon notes. He "Sharpied" 70 for IBUs (seems a bit high) on the label and 6% for the ABV, which tasted about right. Hoping fuse and the Love Ninja enjoy this soon (tonight or tomorrow) and find it equally enjoyable.
    Glad you liked. Hope fuse does, too.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Apple Brandy Barrel Aged GBS is really, really smooth. Any harshness in the original has been “sanded down,” as it were, by the time in the barrel. No way you’d guess it was nearly 12% ABV. I very much like this variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Apple Brandy Barrel Aged GBS is really, really smooth. Any harshness in the original has been “sanded down,” as it were, by the time in the barrel. No way you’d guess it was nearly 12% ABV. I very much like this variant.
    Ha! Tripping William reviewing his Hardywood haul from Roanoke before any owners of GBS: The Complete Set have posted much. We're such a buncha slackers

Bolo Coconut Brown
    Bolo Cocoa Coconut Brown
    Damn Right Pineapple Milkshake IPA
    Better Than Yours Raspberry Milkshake IPA
    Dropout BBA RIS

Shared with family. Another wonderful evening. More in AM I hope .

The greatest of all beer tragedies occurred last night:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...shington-state

Ha! Tripping William reviewing his Hardywood haul from Charlottesville before any owners of GBS: The Complete Set have posted much. We're such a buncha slackers
    FIFY. Now hop to it, slackers!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The greatest of all beer tragedies occurred last night:

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/am...shington-state
    What a blessing for hose folks!

FIFY. Now hop to it, slackers!
    Whoops. Forgot it was Hooville. Thanks for the correction. Won't happen again.

Super Skim (draft)-Bond Brothers Beer Company

Always a great place/time for a meet-up with fuse who was "worried" because BBBC "only" had 9 beers on their tap list. After previewing, I thought we'd be able to survive.

This was a 10 ounce pour of a double dry-hopped (DDH) milkshake IPA in a snifter. Color was hazy yellow with a small head. Citusy nose with orange, tangerine (added) and pineapple tastes. Guava was also added but I'm not sure I perceived that. I'll guess 40 IBUs and the ABV was 8%, making this an imperial milkshake IPA . Another high quality offering from this very, very good Cary brewery.

Public thank you to fuse, too, for picking up the tab for this AND securing a crowler of Adult Daycare, a 10.5% ABV Belgian-style quad aged on cherries, for family consumption sometime this weekend. He is a very kind fellow.

Bolo Coconut Brown (08/09/18 stamped on bottom of can)-Burial Beer Company

Twelve ounce (About $2.50) can shared 3 ways last PM during a belated Christmas gift exchange.

Dark brown pour with a modest, foamy, tan head. Nutty and brown sugar aromas followed by dark caramel tastes with mild earthy/herbal bitterness. Coconut presence is subtle and minimal. IBUs at 55 (), rather high for the style but not this bitter on the palate. ABV was 5.6% so we were quickly ready for another flavor...

Bolo Coconut Brown (08/09/18 stamped on bottom of can)-Burial Beer Company

Twelve ounce (About $2.50) can shared 3 ways last PM during a belated Christmas gift exchange.

Dark brown pour with a modest, foamy, tan head. Nutty and brown sugar aromas followed by dark caramel tastes with mild earthy/herbal bitterness. Coconut presence is subtle and minimal. IBUs at 55 (), rather high for the style but not this bitter on the palate. ABV was 5.6% so we were quickly ready for another flavor...
    ...and here we go.

Cocoa Bolo Coconut Brown (smudge on bottom of can)-Burial Beer Company

Another 12 ounce can shared 3 ways. Pretty similar pour and aromas but there's definitely a cocoa presence in this one from the added nibs from French Broad chocolate. Strange that the IBUs are only 28 for this one, thinking they're basically the same base brown ale except for the chocolate. ABV the same at 5.6%. We all enjoyed this better than the original, which, upon further review was rather "meh."

Damn Right (10/buncha lines/dots/18)-(Brewed and packaged by Fortnight Brewing for) Gizmo Brew Works

Pineapple Milkshake IPA

Previously reviewed but last 12 ounce can cleared from inventory last PM and shared 3 ways.

This was better about a month ago as it was fresher with a tad less bitterness and sediment when I first tasted it.

Lesson: Fresherer is betterer, especially for IPAs.

Better Than Yours (black line on bottom of can)-(Brewed and packaged by Fortnight Brewing for) Gizmo Brew Works

Raspberry Milkshake IPA

Last 12 ounce can of this also cleared from storage last PM and shared with younger daughter and her husband.

We thought this one was still pretty tasty, guessing it was about the same age as Damn Right. There was some berry sweetness enhancing the pineapple juciness and counter-acting the core bitterness.

Again, drink your IPAs fresh.

Local is good, too.

Damn Right (10/buncha lines and dots/18)-(Brewed and packaged by Fortnight Brewing for) Gizmo Brew Works

Pineapple Milkshake IPA

Previously reviewed but last 12 ounce can cleared from inventory last PM and shared 3 ways.

This was better about a month ago as it was fresher with a tad less bitterness and sediment when I first tasted it.

Lesson: Fresherer is betterer, especially for IPAs.
    Better Than Yours (black line on bottom of can)-(Brewed and packaged by Fortnight Brewing for) Gizmo Brew Works

Raspberry Milkshake IPA

Last 12 ounce can of this also cleared from storage last PM and shared with younger daughter and her husband.

We thought this one was still pretty tasty, guessing it was about the same age as Damn Right. There was some berry sweetness enhancing the pineapple juciness and counter-acting the core bitterness.

Again, drink your IPAs fresh.

Local is good, too.
    And yes, I am a geezer but also aware of the lyrics/song reference as the origin for these 2 beer names:

(suggestive but not obscene)

Deshutes The Ages

Honestly, this is hands-down the best sour I have had. Pours a beautiful gold with a thick, foamy white head. Superbly balanced, with some fruit notes offset by white pepper flavors. Dangerously quaffable at 8% ABV. I wish I had three or four more of these.

Dark and Stormy (InBev Asheville f/k/a Wicked Weed)

Okay, so I’m a sell-out for rum barrel aging. This is a delicious ale, aged in rum barrels with ginger and molasses. Pours a golden brown, and has a great nose of wood and vanilla. Smooth drinking, and a complexity of flavor. Might be the last WW beer I drink. Or not.

Okay, so I’m a sell-out for rum barrel aging. This is a delicious ale, aged in rum barrels with ginger and molasses. Pours a golden brown, and has a great nose of wood and vanilla. Smooth drinking, and a complexity of flavor. Might be the last WW beer I drink. Or not.
    Ha! I bought a WW French Toast at 35% off at Sam's Quik Shop a couple weeks ago on their going OOB sale so the 500 ml bottle marked at $6.49 cost me $4.21 plus tax.

I'll review it anonymously .

Revision Brewing Company (Sparks, NV) Hangry TIPA

Yep, a TIPA. Secured a bomber of this from a wine/beer shop in Southport, NC,’before making our way to Bald Head Island.

The stats almost make me keel over. 12% ABV. IBUs at (get this!) 118. And yet this is a surprisingly easy-drinking beer. Where DFH 120-Minute is a 5-alarm fire, this only merits 3 alarms. Although I recently said standout IPAs are hard for me to find anymore, this is one. A very, very good beer.

Yep, a TIPA. Secured a bomber of this from a wine/beer shop in Southport, NC,’before making our way to Bald Head Island.

The stats almost make me keel over. 12% ABV. IBUs at (get this!) 118. And yet this is a surprisingly easy-drinking beer. Where DFH 120-Minute is a 5-alarm fire, this only merits 3 alarms. Although I recently said standout IPAs are hard for me to find anymore, this is one. A very, very good beer.
    Funny, I saw this today and almost bought it. By your report, I may need to go pick it up.