Page 902 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 402802852892900901902903904912952100214021902 ... LastLast
Results 18,021 to 18,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m not one bit embarrassed to admit that on the drive up and back I contemplated the value of the contents of the trunk.

I’m now going to see if anyone has calculated the value of the Coors in Smokey and the Bandit. 🤣
    1977 or 2018 dollars?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    🤷I'm a real wanker for saying this.♂️
    This is one of the stranger — and more wonderful things — that has happened to me at DBR.
    Carolina delenda est

Hooville Success

Elaboration to follow (maybe mattman style ), but hit up Starr Hill and Hardywood, and had a Three Notch’d APA. All tasty stuff. Much GBS being transported southward to Switzerland...
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Elaboration to follow (maybe mattman style ), but hit up Starr Hill and Hardywood, and had a Three Notch’d APA. All tasty stuff. Much GBS being transported southward to Switzerland...
    "Oh, no, not mattman!"

(screamed at my best CIS level)

5/8 for me, too.

I'll see if the Chicago delivery service can score some Fistmas...

Once again, inviting anyone interested to Sam's Quik Shop tomorrow night to hoist an ale-filled glass to bid farewell. I probably can't get there until after 630 PM but it may be closer to 700 depending on the usually awful traffic on the Durham Freeway from 400ish to 630ish.

It's the most wonderful time of the year:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/47/

How many have you tasted?

[QUOTE=devildeac;1108840]It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I clicked on the lists by state at the bottom. For Virginia, nice to know 6 of the beers in our Hardywood set made the list, plus Trickery, Foolery and Ruse. Ruse we tailgated year before last, you have Foolery, I have Trickery.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Oh, no, not mattman!"

(screamed at my best CIS level)
    Nope, not mattman. Here goes:

(1) At lunch on Friday, I grabbed a Three Notch'd APA (12 ounce bottled) called The Ghost of the 43rd. I just drank it from the bottle, so can't tell you about color or head or anything else. It was a very nice pale ale. Not overly hopped, so consistent with its 35 IBU count. 5.1% ABV. Has a little bit of sweetness to it. A solid beer.

(2) Paid a visit on Saturday morning to Starr Hill. I got a five-beer flight of their Resinate Imperial Red IPA (8.4% ABV), Deep Fuzz DIPA (8% ABV), Little Red Rooster coffee cream stout (6% ABV), Double Bass Mocha stout (7.8% ABV) and Double Bass Raspberry stout (7.8% ABV). I liked the Raspberry and the Resinate the best, even if they are two very different beers. The Little Red Rooster and the Double Bass Mocha tasted like nearly the same beer, with significant similarities to Burial Donut Skillet. The Resinate was super-piney, which was just delicious for the cold, rainy winter. I came home with their "winter" 12-pack, which included 12-ounce bottles of the Little Roostar, Northern Lights IPA, Snow Blind Doppelbock, and 2 Tone vanilla porter. Always a good place to visit. Nice space with an excellent range of really good beer.

(3) At devildeac's suggestion (hat tip!), Saturday afternoon included a visit to Hardywood's tap room. I had a small pour of the Double Barrel GBS (which was released that day) and the Christmas Morning GBS. The Double Barrel is fantastically complex. Notes that you would expect from the BBA side of things, but also some flavors from the secondary aging in grape brandy barrels. Christmas Morning was a lot like the other coffee stouts sampled at Starr Hill, and very similar in many ways to Donut Skillet. I came home with five GBS variants: Two bottles of the Double Barrel, a bottle of the BBA, a bottle of the apple brandy barrel aged, a smaller bottle of the Christmas morning, and a smaller bottle of "the original." Looking forward to drinking them.

Lots of good beer and wine in Greater Hooville. My DMB-show buddy from Miami (as much of a beer snob as I am) was highly impressed.

[QUOTE=accfanfrom1970;1108842]
    It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I clicked on the lists by state at the bottom. For Virginia, nice to know 6 of the beers in our Hardywood set made the list, plus Trickery, Foolery and Ruse. Ruse we tailgated year before last, you have Foolery, I have Trickery.
    Foolery will be shared/consumed and reviewed late next week.

Nope, not mattman. Here goes:

(1) At lunch on Friday, I grabbed a Three Notch'd APA (12 ounce bottled) called The Ghost of the 43rd. I just drank it from the bottle, so can't tell you about color or head or anything else. It was a very nice pale ale. Not overly hopped, so consistent with its 35 IBU count. 5.1% ABV. Has a little bit of sweetness to it. A solid beer.

(2) Paid a visit on Saturday morning to Starr Hill. I got a five-beer flight of their Resinate Imperial Red IPA (8.4% ABV), Deep Fuzz DIPA (8% ABV), Little Red Rooster coffee cream stout (6% ABV), Double Bass Mocha stout (7.8% ABV) and Double Bass Raspberry stout (7.8% ABV). I liked the Raspberry and the Resinate the best, even if they are two very different beers. The Little Red Rooster and the Double Bass Mocha tasted like nearly the same beer, with significant similarities to Burial Donut Skillet. The Resinate was super-piney, which was just delicious for the cold, rainy winter. I came home with their "winter" 12-pack, which included 12-ounce bottles of the Little Roostar, Northern Lights IPA, Snow Blind Doppelbock, and 2 Tone vanilla porter. Always a good place to visit. Nice space with an excellent range of really good beer.

(3) At devildeac's suggestion (hat tip!), Saturday afternoon included a visit to Hardywood's tap room. I had a small pour of the Double Barrel GBS (which was released that day) and the Christmas Morning GBS. The Double Barrel is fantastically complex. Notes that you would expect from the BBA side of things, but also some flavors from the secondary aging in grape brandy barrels. Christmas Morning was a lot like the other coffee stouts sampled at Starr Hill, and very similar in many ways to Donut Skillet. I came home with five GBS variants: Two bottles of the Double Barrel, a bottle of the BBA, a bottle of the apple brandy barrel aged, a smaller bottle of the Christmas morning, and a smaller bottle of "the original." Looking forward to drinking them.

Lots of good beer and wine in Greater Hooville. My DMB-show buddy from Miami (as much of a beer snob as I am) was highly impressed.
    Ha! You got 5 bottles included in the GBS Complete Set which is what accfanfrom 1970 picked up for fuse and the devildeac families on Friday at West Creek and fuse lovingly/safely smuggled, err, transported back to NC on Saturday. Quite a weekend tasting/haul!

Not nearly enough...

Ha! You got 5 bottles included in the GBS Complete Set which is what accfanfrom 1970 picked up for fuse and the devildeac families on Friday at West Creek and fuse lovingly/safely smuggled, err, transported back to NC on Saturday. Quite a weekend tasting/haul!
    As I think about it, I’m pretty sure the only bottled variant I didn’t get was the rye. I think they had the Mega, Kentucky Christmas Morning, and Chipotle only on draft.

As I think about it, I’m pretty sure the only bottled variant I didn’t get was the rye. I think they had the Mega, Kentucky Christmas Morning, and Chipotle only on draft.
    Is the Chipotle the same as the Caliente?

Trying to get up the courage to crack that bottle.

A friend hosts an annual Christmas cookie party, which is generally when I get my chance to drink the only Natty Greene’s beer I really enjoy.

Social occasion, so no notes beyond Rudolph’s Red Nose is a fun beer.

(copied and pasted from an old email from Hardywood)

GBS: The Complete Set

2018 GBS Complete Set includes:

(1) 500 mL The Original Gingerbread Stout
    (1) 500 mL Christmas Morning
    (1) 500 mL Christmas Pancakes
    (1) 500 mL Caliente GBS
    (1) 750 mL Bourbon Barrel GBS
    (1) 750 mL Rye Barrel GBS
    (1) 750 mL Apple Brandy Barrel GBS
    (1) 750 mL Kentucky Christmas Morning
    (1) 750 mL Double Barrel GBS (Bourbon & Brandy Barrel-aged)
    (1) 750 mL Rum Barrel Mega GBS (New variant bottled for GBS Sets only)
    (1) 750 mL Mega GBS (New variant bottled for GBS Sets only)
    (1) Limited edition Lawrence Tumbler Gingerbread Stout glass

I think they had the Rum Barrel Mega and Mega on draft at West Creek when accfanfrom 1970 was there. They apparently had problems with quality control on the Port Barrel GBS and didn't have enough for all the orders so they made that draft only (I think) and subbed in the Rum Barrel Mega.

No matter what, "you done good" as my father used to say.

Twelve for me. I'm not sure I've seen/heard of most of the others.

Is the Chipotle the same as the Caliente?

Trying to get up the courage to crack that bottle.
    Oops. My bad. The "Chipotle" is one of the Starr Hill Double Bass variants. The "Caliente" is GBS. Apologies.

Oops. My bad. The "Chipotle" is one of the Starr Hill Double Bass variants. The "Caliente" is GBS. Apologies.
    No need to apologise. If I had to choose between a smoky beer or pepper beer (generally liking neither), I’d choose smoky over pepper. Chipotle sounds a bit more approachable than Caliente. 😳