Page 882 of 935 FirstFirst ... 382782832872880881882883884892932 ... LastLast
Results 17,621 to 17,640 of 18687

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #17621
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Dragon's milk has a seasonal stout with coconut and banana right now that I am enjoying. You can pick up the coconut and the banana flavors but neither are overpowering. Worth checking out IMO.
    Thanks for sharing the info/tasting impressions! New Holland makes excellent beers and that sounds like an amazingly tasty dessert: chocolate-y, bourbon-y, coconut and banana. I'll look for that this weekend.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  2. #17622
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Creeper (bottled on 5/14/18)-Columbus Brewing Company

    This one's spoil-ed: clap, clap, clap/clap/clap

    Almost a drain pour. Too foamy. Wet cardboard/Pine Sol nose and tastes.

    Lesson learned again: drink your IPAs/IIPAs fresh. Glad fuse didn't get 2 of these.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #17623
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Bourbon Barrel-Aged Dark Rye (Bottled January 16, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

    From their Black Paper Series

    A 750 ml trader from accfanfrom 1970. Many thanks!!

    Celebratory beverage divided over two nights. Pour was a viscous, dark, dark brown int a Founder's snifter each night. There was a thin, tan head on night #1 and next to no head tonight, despite careful corking last PM. Seductive aromas of dark chocolate, a whiff of java, dark fruits and some bourbon. Flavors are reproduced on the palate and are accompanied by some plum, molasses, dark caramel, a hint of mustiness and heavily roasted grains. IBUs are 41, about as expected for the style (its base is an imperial stout), and the ABV is 11.9% (so not quite the 118-84 proof I was searching for ) but this punches at a much higher weight class as 375 ml of this last PM and tonight left me a bit stunned. A superb concoction as expected from Ardent Craft Ales.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  4. #17624
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Bourbon Barrel-Aged Dark Rye (Bottled January 16, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

    A superb concoction as expected from Ardent Craft Ales.
    They just released their Dark Rye for this year, Iím waiting/hoping for another barrel aged version. Also waiting for the release of their barrel aged honey ginger. Wonít give a date, they just tell me itís in the barrels.

  5. #17625
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Just saw that Foothills released the barrel-aged Peopleís Cherry Porter today. Draft and bottles at their various W-S facilities. Iím traveling today, but may get over to grab some on the weekend. Hard to tell how widely they may distribute this, but I doubt itís very far or in high volumes.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  6. #17626
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Just saw that Foothills released the barrel-aged Peopleís Cherry Porter today. Draft and bottles at their various W-S facilities. Iím traveling today, but may get over to grab some on the weekend. Hard to tell how widely they may distribute this, but I doubt itís very far or in high volumes.

    Good luck!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #17627
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Pink Guava Milkshake IPA (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

    Even more local!

    Treated myself to a snifter of this while selecting some trading brews on the way home from work this afternoon. Pour was a hazy, hazy pink-yellow with a creamy head. This stuff really, really smells and tastes like an alcoholic tropical fruit smoothie with juicy guava, pineapple, mango and orange scents and palate-tickling flavors. Bitterness is the pithy/rind-y kind and I'll guess 40 IBUs. Packs a moderate wallop, too, at 8% ABV so it's technically an IIPA. No cans/bombers available but someone would be smart serving a growler of this with some curry or sweet and sour entrees.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  8. #17628
    D9 Trash Panda

    Great name, great label.

    Sour beer with natural smores flavour.

    Smells like chocolate and marshmallow. Wow.

    Colour in the glass is sort of amber.

    I am so torn by my first sip.
    I donít think sour and smores are a great combination.

    Its weird as I think independently this could be a great sour beer, or a great dessert beer.

    Perhaps the irony of the name is intentional.

    Iím going to try to describe the experience, while suggesting it might need to be experienced to be understood.

    First part of each sip is like a sour gummy worm, and then finishes with flowing layers of chocolate and marshmallow, ending with a mild sour note.

    An analogy might be if you took some chewy sweet tarts, kit kats, and mallow cups and stuffed them in your mouth at the same time.

    A quality ďtrashĒ beer. Glad I tried it, and also glad I only bought one.
    One twelve ounce bottle might be enough to share among 4-6 friends.

  9. #17629
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    D9 Trash Panda

    Great name, great label.

    Sour beer with natural smores flavour.

    Smells like chocolate and marshmallow. Wow.

    Colour in the glass is sort of amber.

    I am so torn by my first sip.
    I donít think sour and smores are a great combination.

    Its weird as I think independently this could be a great sour beer, or a great dessert beer.

    Perhaps the irony of the name is intentional.

    Iím going to try to describe the experience, while suggesting it might need to be experienced to be understood.

    First part of each sip is like a sour gummy worm, and then finishes with flowing layers of chocolate and marshmallow, ending with a mild sour note.

    An analogy might be if you took some chewy sweet tarts, kit kats, and mallow cups and stuffed them in your mouth at the same time.

    A quality ďtrashĒ beer. Glad I tried it, and also glad I only bought one.
    One twelve ounce bottle might be enough to share among 4-6 friends.
    Sounds like no other beer I've ever heard of or tasted.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #17630
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Pink Guava Milkshake IPA (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

    Even more local!

    Treated myself to a snifter of this while selecting some trading brews on the way home from work this afternoon. Pour was a hazy, hazy pink-yellow with a creamy head. This stuff really, really smells and tastes like an alcoholic tropical fruit smoothie with juicy guava, pineapple, mango and orange scents and palate-tickling flavors. Bitterness is the pithy/rind-y kind and I'll guess 40 IBUs. Packs a moderate wallop, too, at 8% ABV so it's technically an IIPA. No cans/bombers available but someone would be smart serving a growler of this with some curry or sweet and sour entrees.
    Wish I could have described this like the brewer:

    "This prototype beer is a hazy, fruity, bitter sweet symphony of flavor. Not one ounce of the Vic Secret and Azzacca hops were boiled, but pounds on pounds were added to a lengthy hop stand and massive dry hop, lending huge pineapple notes to its juicy flavor and tropical nose into which the guava perfectly blends. Lactose and vanilla beans bestow a sweetness that perfectly meld, ending with a creamy juicy finish."

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #17631
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Aztec Gold (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

    Still local!

    Two ounce taster after my Pink Guava Milkshake IPA.

    Pour was a thin, dark brown with a small head. Nose of milk chocolate, vanilla and coffee with tastes mirroring the aromas. A bit thin for an imperial stout that had 60 IBUs (I'd have guessed 40-50) with the ABV at 9.2% and not boozy at all. Happy to have tasted but I think I would have been disappointed with a $6 snifter or a $10 bomber, which is not a bad price for a high gravity ale with a couple additives (cocoa nibs and vanilla).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #17632

  13. #17633
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Surprisingly, I have had 9 of the 15. I like the list because it has some whales and some accessible beers. Had a 10oz draft of Hunaphu's at my local brewery's (Red Cypress) anniversary party last year. Had some 2014 Dark Lord last year at a good friend's Christmas party.

    Will make it 10 at Thanksgiving when I open a bottle of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout I randomly found at my local liquor store last January.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

    "Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

  14. #17634
    https://readbeer.com/

    Just in case youíd like to convert any free time into reading about beer time.

  15. #17635
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Only the Founders, no Hardywood Iím picking up my case of bourbon barrel aged gingerbread stout, which is spectacular. I would love to try the Goose bourbon barrel aged stout.

  16. #17636
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Seven for me with a CBS waiting in the garage.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #17637
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From 10/31/17:

    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Cigar City Good Gourd

    8.8%

    A murky copper pour.

    Smells a bit like boozy maple syrup.

    Thick, effervescent mouthfeel.

    Iím strugging with the words for how Good Gourd tastes.

    Maybe a very vanilla finish, seems to be orange juicy sweet. A mix of apple cider and pumpkin notes.

    Leaves a ďfall spiceĒ aftertaste (not surprising given a mix of cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and vanilla listed on the label).

    I wonder if I had blind tasted this beer if I would have been able to tell it was a pumpkin beer.

    Really unusual. Glad I tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Good Gourd-Cigar City Brewing

    Pretty darned good descriptions above. The orange and apples are excellent observations. Flavors and spices blend fairly well. I'll guess IBUs of about 20, thinking this is an amber ale for the base beer as it's not dark enough for a brown ale or porter and there are no nutty or chocolate flavors either. ABV is 8.8% so there's a bit of an alcohol burn, unlike Gordgeous and more on the order of Southern Tier's Pumking or Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin. I'm quitting after half a bomber now and will sip the rest tomorrow evening.
    From sheep-sacrificing tailgate yesterday:

    Good Gourd-Cigar City Brewing Company

    Bomber, courtesy of August West. Thanks!!

    Pretty similar thoughts from just over a year ago from fuse and the knucklehead who reviewed it after him. Modest pumpkin flavors, not overly spiced and mildly boozy. Very good pumpkin ale.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #17638
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From 1/24/17:

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 9/29/13;



    From tonight:

    Warlock (DOB: 7/14/15 at 06:11:47 to be precise )-Southern Tier Brewing

    It's (almost) always interesting to re-visit some brews, even if it's 18 months old .


    They've added spices to this one as the last ingredient on the bottle is "natural flavors" and it really does taste like a slice of pumpkin pie that has been covered with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips or a dark fudge sauce. I think there's a bit less coffee tastes to this edition but the ABV has been truly "imperialized" at 10%. This is another one of those Southern Tier Blackwater Series brews that is best shared among several tasters, though I am sheepishly finishing the entire bomber tonight over about 90 minutes and the second pour/snifter is disappearing very slowly.
    From ramgate yesterday:

    Warlock (? 8/25/15 date on bomber label)-Southern Tier Brewing

    August West with another cellared/aged winner. Thanks!

    Staying with the pumpkin theme, this is the dark side of Pumking and still was quite tasty, thankfully, even after > 3 years in the bottle. Pretty similar tasting impressions with maybe a bit of coffee aromas and flavors, not too heavily spiced and a bit less pumpkin, perhaps hidden by all the dark malts used to create this imperial stout. A nice brew to share 3 ways.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #17639
    Southern Pines Pineapple Thief

    Pretty sure this was NEIPA style.

    Appropriately named. Tasty.

  20. #17640
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Reviews of remaining 2 brews from tailgate yesterday will be submitted tomorrow. Or Tuesday. Too late tonight. Still trying to process how amazing Hamilton was tonight while I sip a raspberry milkshake IPA for my nightcap.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 06:49 PM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •