Page 862 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 36276281285286086186286386487291296213621862 ... LastLast
Results 17,221 to 17,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Happy 11th birthday/anniversary to Ymm, Beer.

What's in your glass to celebrate today?
    I'll have to take a look in the fridge and find something 11% ABV to celebrate the occasion. Stay tuned.

Hopefully one of my NC friends will be able snag and tag a Moore IPA from Southern Pines if we gain a new member of the brotherhood tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I'll have to take a look in the fridge and find something 11% ABV to celebrate the occasion. Stay tuned.

Hopefully one of my NC friends will be able snag and tag a Moore IPA from Southern Pines if we gain a new member of the brotherhood tonight...
    Both great ideas. I may have my 11% ABV brew already selected.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Alright, I'm going to do my European beer reviews in pieces. I already talked about the beer I had in Greece. To recap: It wasn't great.

The next stop was Spain:

Steinburg Clasica - Brasserie Champigneulles - A common lager in Spain. Not amazing, not terrible. Not much to write about it.

Mad Red - Mad Brewing - Red Ale - 7%. Mad Brewing = Madrid. I'm embarrassed how long it took me to put those two together. A nice brew. Enjoyed at The Stuyck Co. which was a nice spot to crab a craft beer. 15ish beers on tap.

Glacial - Cruzcampo - Lager - 4.8%. Cruzcampo is widely regarded as the worst beer in Spain. It wasn't awful, but can't say I would order it a second time.

Alhambra Reserva 1925 - Grupo Cervezas Alhambra - Lager - 6.4%. Another common lager, this one originates from Grenada. Quality lager that would make for a good tailgate beer.

Telepathic War Elephant - The Flying Inn - DIPA - 8%. Enjoyable beverage. Heavy on the hops with tropical flavors. Some honey flavor to end.

BEANZ - Garage Beer Co. - IPA - 7.5% - It wasn't labeled as a NE IPA, but it was a NE IPA. Subtle but present hops.

Trigo Limpio - Cervezas La Virgen - Witbier - 4.5%. Normally I am a big fan of Witbiers, but this one was far too watery. Lacked any strong flavors. Disappointing.

Trigo - Cervezas La Cibeles - Hefeweizen - 4.5% - I could simply copy the notes from above. Maybe the lesson is that I shouldn't be ordering hefeweizen's in Spain.

The craft beer scene is slowly improving in Spain. I was with a coworker who know several local spots which certainly helped. Did not try anything outstanding during my week in Madrid, but it was an improvement over my last visit.

Hungary, Croatia, Czech Republic and Germany still to come.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Alright, I'm going to do my European beer reviews in pieces. I already talked about the beer I had in Greece. To recap: It wasn't great.

The next stop was Spain:

Steinburg Clasica - Brasserie Champigneulles - A common lager in Spain. Not amazing, not terrible. Not much to write about it.

Mad Red - Mad Brewing - Red Ale - 7%. Mad Brewing = Madrid. I'm embarrassed how long it took me to put those two together. A nice brew. Enjoyed at The Stuyck Co. which was a nice spot to crab a craft beer. 15ish beers on tap.

Glacial - Cruzcampo - Lager - 4.8%. Cruzcampo is widely regarded as the worst beer in Spain. It wasn't awful, but can't say I would order it a second time.

Alhambra Reserva 1925 - Grupo Cervezas Alhambra - Lager - 6.4%. Another common lager, this one originates from Grenada. Quality lager that would make for a good tailgate beer.

Telepathic War Elephant - The Flying Inn - DIPA - 8%. Enjoyable beverage. Heavy on the hops with tropical flavors. Some honey flavor to end.

BEANZ - Garage Beer Co. - IPA - 7.5% - It wasn't labeled as a NE IPA, but it was a NE IPA. Subtle but present hops.

Trigo Limpio - Cervezas La Virgen - Witbier - 4.5%. Normally I am a big fan of Witbiers, but this one was far too watery. Lacked any strong flavors. Disappointing.

Trigo - Cervezas La Cibeles - Hefeweizen - 4.5% - I could simply copy the notes from above. Maybe the lesson is that I shouldn't be ordering hefeweizen's in Spain.

The craft beer scene is slowly improving in Spain. I was with a coworker who know several local spots which certainly helped. Did not try anything outstanding during my week in Madrid, but it was an improvement over my last visit.

You’ve fallen victim to one of the classic blunders- the most famous of which is, never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well known is never combine beer reviews when post count is on the line...
    🤣

The next stop was Spain:

Two Words - Mad Scientist.

Also, make sure to visit Élesztő if you are in Budapest. Great beer garden.

The next stop was Spain:

I'm going to have to mark this post as Mrs. dd is starting to talk about a Euro trip, especially after our son and his wife went to Spain last year.

Great stuff. Really looking forward to the other reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    You’ve fallen victim to one of the classic blunders- the most famous of which is, never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well known is never combine beer reviews when post count is on the line...
    🤣
    Yep. Another trip or two like this one and luburch might exceed your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Two Words - Mad Scientist.

Also, make sure to visit Élesztő if you are in Budapest. Great beer garden.
    You probably had this many beers in SC last month but, we'll never know...

I am near to finding myself in a similar situation post acquisition, so I have a lot of empathy:

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/arti...big-craft-beer

Sure, why not?

New Glarus Raspberry Tart

DFH Festina Peche

Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose

Revolution Freedom of Speach (yours is still waiting in my fridge )

Wise Man Mango Pineapple Blood Orange Milkshake IPA

This could get to be a reeaally long list...

Ethics and integrity are close to my heart.
    Pretty cool to see a couple breweries recognized.

https://coolmaterial.com/misc/most-e...panies-reddit/

Ethics and integrity are close to my heart.
    Pretty cool to see a couple breweries recognized.

https://coolmaterial.com/misc/most-e...panies-reddit/
    I knew some of that about Sierra Nevada, especially having visited their brewery south of Asheville, seeing all their solar panels and hearing our tour guide talk about rain water use and reclamation (IIRC) and what they try to do with spent grains (back to the farmers!). Happy to see NB on the list, too.

Timing, and branding, are everything!

https://www.beervanablog.com/beervan...beers-take-off

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Happy 11th birthday/anniversary to Ymm, Beer.

What's in your glass to celebrate today?
    Quick fridge check says nothing at 11% in the fridge.

Westbrook Lemon Cucumber Gose.

A little bit sour, a lot crisp and refreshing.

Happy 11th year, Ymmm, Beer thread 🍻

Timing, and branding, are everything!

https://www.beervanablog.com/beervan...beers-take-off
    Interesting take.

Quick fridge check says nothing at 11% in the fridge.
    How about two 5.5% ABV brews?

Big Bad Baptista Rare Release #7 - 11.7% ABV Imperial Stout - Epic Brewing Co.

This aged so well that I’m kinda kicking myself for cracking it early, however it was my only 11%er and you guys are worth it Tasty a year ago, even better now; Cinnamon notes have faded a tad, but the Mexican coffee, vanilla, and cocoa nibs are still kickin. Nice smooth whiskey barrel finish. Happy 11 years!

C5355BCA-3840-4271-8CDD-EBD3B239E5F5.jpg

The next stop was Spain:

I neglected to mention in my first comment that Telepathic War Elephant is an inspired name for a beer.