Page 858 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 35875880884885685785885986086890895813581858 ... LastLast
Results 17,141 to 17,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Order has been sent. We'll see what happens.
    You're a good fellow, dt.

If your friend has any questions, have him text me.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

112F3735-CA29-4B24-B210-0038EB8A5C95.jpg

Gulden Draak Ale, Brouwerij Van Steenberge brewery (East Flanders)

Continuing my deep dive into true Belgians. Beautiful brown color, big alcohol flavor (10.5%). A touch of bitter but not in an IPA way. Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Continuing my deep dive into true Belgians. Beautiful brown color, big alcohol flavor (10.5%). A touch of bitter but not in an IPA way. Friday.
    I looked at some beer archives and couldn't find a review of this so I'll guess it's been almost 10 years since I had a Gulden Draak. My vague recall says it's a marvelous ale. You're making me thirsty with these Belgians...

Alas, no new beers this week but did enjoy some repeats from August including an imperial gose, Mister Fahrenheit, Goo Goo Muck and Hubris for a nightcap as I type. Tomorrow, tailgate.

It's here:

https://www.delish.com/food-news/g23...ay-2018-deals/

What's in your mug today?

I think I'll have one of these:

https://www.epicbrewing.com/the-beer...imperial-stout

"One Big Bad Imperial Stout with Cocoa nibs and Coffee beans. Each season's release uses a different dark roasted coffee."

That'll work, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Been a while since I’ve had a Gulden Draak. Don’t recall it being that dark at all.

While I don’t drink a whole lot of true Belgians these days, it is the Duvels, Orvals and Chimays that really fueled my interest in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Been a while since I’ve had a Gulden Draak. Don’t recall it being that dark at all.

While I don’t drink a whole lot of true Belgians these days, it is the Duvels, Orvals and Chimays that really fueled my interest in beer.
    And the Corsendonks and Westmalles...

(Really) bad joke of the day:

I poured root beer into a square glass to make beer.

Ba da bum ching! Thank you, I will now show myself to the virtual door.

(Really) bad joke of the day:

I poured root beer into a square glass to make beer.

Ba da bum ching! Thank you, I will now show myself to the virtual door.
    How many more days remain on your Whole 30 plan?

I think it's affecting more than your waistline...

and Piraat. Yum

Looks like GABF 2018 winners are posted.

Looks like at least ten NC medals, including a gold for Crank Arm, and a gold for NoDa for Gordgeous.

AMB with a gold for lager!

https://www.greatamericanbeerfestiva...ition/winners/
    Tis the season for pumpkin beer so I visited Stella Brew and got some Pumking (previous favorite) and NoDa Gordgeous. You should really try the Gordgeous if you haven't. It definitely has the strong pumpkin pie spice aromas, but pulls it off and is incredibly smooth and refreshing. My favorite so far this year. Pumking is also a classic. I liked the Dogfish also - much more subtle. But Gordgeous takes the cake, er pie.

I also got a growler of Von Watzdorf Morzen Lager from AMB. ABV - 5.3. I loved it! Great lager for this time of year. It reminded me of drinking a Heineken, but much better and more refreshing and balanced than a Heineken.

It's beer season.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Tis the season for pumpkin beer so I visited Stella Brew and got some Pumking (previous favorite) and NoDa Gordgeous. You should really try the Gordgeous if you haven't. It definitely has the strong pumpkin pie spice aromas, but pulls it off and is incredibly smooth and refreshing. My favorite so far this year. Pumking is also a classic. I liked the Dogfish also - much more subtle. But Gordgeous takes the cake, er pie.

I also got a growler of Von Watzdorf Morzen Lager from AMB. ABV - 5.3. I loved it! Great lager for this time of year. It reminded me of drinking a Heineken, but much better and more refreshing and balanced than a Heineken.

It's beer season.
    Stella rocks. But, pro tip: Take a gander at the eclectic beer offerings at the new Canteen 411 next door to the Stevens Center.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Stella rocks. But, pro tip: Take a gander at the eclectic beer offerings at the new Canteen 411 next door to the Stevens Center.
    Thanks! Definitely will do.

Also, if anybody visits Winston definitely check out Wise Man Brewing. I love their Body Electric IPA. May be blasphemy to say round these parts, but I think their beer is better than Foothills

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Thanks! Definitely will do.

Also, if anybody visits Winston definitely check out Wise Man Brewing. I love their Body Electric IPA. May be blasphemy to say round these parts, but I think their beer is better than Foothills
    Wise Man makes really good beer. I finally made it to Incendiary, and their brut IPA and their milk stout are both really solid. Their only problem: They don’t brew enough to do any carry-away (growler, crowler, bottles or cans).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Beer at tailgate was good from 4PM to 630PM. Football after that? Not so good.

Trying a mobile entry.

Tailgate beer list-in order or as best as I’m able to recall after too damn many third and long conversions by VT last PM:
    Blissed Out
    BBA People’s Porter
    Rubaeus 2014
    Javalantern
    Backwoods Bastard 2014
    Backwoods Bastard 2015

Reviews and credits when we return home tonight.

Finally, tailgate brew review time.

Lead-off hitter:

Blissed Out (crowlered on 9/28/18)-Wise Man Brewing

Provider: Mr. merlindevildog91-Thanks!!

In Honor of: Tripping William and richardjackson199 (Hey, it's local for them!)

Style: Milkshake IPA (fooled us all-see below)

Appearance: Moderate, foamy head and cloudy with a chance of haze (looked like a NEIPA)

Aromas: A tropical fruit Slurpee (pineapple, grapefruit, mango, orange)-smelled like a NEIPA

Tastes: A tropical fruit Slurpee with minimal bitterness

Mouthfeel: Creamy and smooth

Additives: mango, pineapple, blood orange and lactose (hence, the milkshake IPA)-we had to research this from the website

Hops: Secret

Grains: Not divulged

IBU: 55 (also researched)-most of us thought 40s

ABV: 6.2% (not researched-it was Sharpied on the can-we're not as dumm as we look )

Overall impression: Very good starter beer but would also pair nicely with some mild curry dishes, I think.

From 10/25/15:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    People's BBL Aged Porter-Foothills Brewing

How do you take a good quality porter and make it better? Why, throw a few hundred gallons of it into 20 year old bourbon barrels and age it for several months, of course. I've had their BBA (non Sexual Chocolate) stout before but never this BBA aged porter which I think I procured for about $6 with a buck off coupon from Total Wine a month or two ago. Poured a dark mahogany with a creamy, generous tan head. Bourbon up front with mild dark chocolate, dark caramel and a dash of espresso aromas. Tastes matched the olfactory registry with booze prominent but not off-putting and a bit of oak and vanilla in the finish (please, no c*rolina recruiting misses comments). IBUs at 42 and the ABV is 6%. I could drink several bombers of this every winter, served lightly chilled by itself or with a slice of triple chocolate cake or oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Attachment 5610
    From yesterday:

People's BBL Aged Porter (bomber dated 051818)-Foothills Brewing

More local!

My contribution with a huge assist to Mr. merlindevildog91 for bringing an extra of these as traders for a mixed New Glarus 4 pack of fruit ales.

Overall impressions pretty similar to 2015 with the IBUs down a bit at 38 along with the ABV at 5.8%, both differences I'd never be able to tell without looking. This paired nicely with a hunk of medium rare prime rib (yes, we really had that at tailgate), a mixed green salad, smashed potatoes and whipped sweet potatoes. I thought this might be the winner for the evening but August West pulled out his mini-growler of Javalantern next...

Mattman promised some South Carolina, err, Greensboro beer reviews...