Page 845 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 34574579583584384484584684785589594513451845 ... LastLast
Results 16,881 to 16,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

02.TB_Black-Tuesday_10.3.17-768x565.jpg

This did made an appearance at Duke vs Army but also was officially listed as a DNP-CD.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Lagers

Y’all got me on a lager kick.

Birdsong Rewind: A czech pilsner. Nice gold color, with a solid white head. A nice yeast flavor on the oalate, but just a bit of aftertaste bitterness.

Victory Prima Pils: I wouldn’t have grabbed a bottle of this absent fuse’s comments, but it was very good. A smidge darker and rounder than the Rewind, and without the aftertaste.

Abita Andygator: One of my favorites. A helles doppelbock. Sweeter than you would expect, but also higher gravity.

I also have a bottle of MEB Dark Cloud and a New Belgium black lager for consumption soon. And I’m seeing Oktoberfests all over the stores now.

Ymmm, lagers.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Lonerider Sundance grapefruit saison

Getting my reps in before the post-tailgate onslaught from dd.

A really refreshing beer. The grapefruit flavors are subtle, and add a nice juiciness. Some herbal flavors as well, given the style. Nice as swing oil on these hot/humid dog days.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    As sour as Destihl Flanders Red?
    No, not even close.

Mellowed quite a bit and the red wine barrel aging shone through really nicely.

The owner of Falls Village Wine and Beer is not convinced the brewery will last that long with a "gypsy" brewer (used to work for Hill Farmstead) doing most of the work, including brewing, marketing/PR, delivery and a few other things.

I agree with you however that he/they are making excellent beverages.
    I wonder if we could raise some funds and find them a home in the Raleigh area.

Unfortunately was not able to visit a brewery. I was able to try two new Greek beers. Mary Rose is an Irish Red. Likely the best beer I've had here, but that is not saying much.

Had the Alpha Weiss today. Alpha's hefeweizen. Not sure I'd order it again.

Apologies in advance to mattman as I believe he had this a couple weeks ago per devildeac. Interested in your opinion.

MBC Woods and Waters IPA
    Brewed 6/26/18

Hops not noted on the bottle- lots of citrusy notes on the nose.

Super clear and effervescent.

Bubbles dance on the tongue, and all the glorious lemon and orange hops shine through.

Another outstanding MBC beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post

Birdsong Rewind: A czech pilsner. Nice gold color, with a solid white head. A nice yeast flavor on the oalate, but just a bit of aftertaste bitterness.

Victory Prima Pils: I wouldn’t have grabbed a bottle of this absent fuse’s comments, but it was very good. A smidge darker and rounder than the Rewind, and without the aftertaste.

Abita Andygator: One of my favorites. A helles doppelbock. Sweeter than you would expect, but also higher gravity.

I also have a bottle of MEB Dark Cloud and a New Belgium black lager for consumption soon. And I’m seeing Oktoberfests all over the stores now.

Ymmm, lagers.
    Hmm, August West shared a lager at tailgate last PM; Quite a good one, too with a bit of a surprise. That'll be up shortly.

Getting my reps in before the post-tailgate onslaught from dd.

A really refreshing beer. The grapefruit flavors are subtle, and add a nice juiciness. Some herbal flavors as well, given the style. Nice as swing oil on these hot/humid dog days.
    We all acted in moderation last PM. Really. Between 430 and 630 it was about 85 degrees with the humidity about 150%. We all sweated while doing our 6 ounce curls.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I wonder if we could raise some funds and find them a home in the Raleigh area.
    He certainly knows where we're located as his products appear regularly at Falls Village Wine and Beer and Bottle Revolution. I think I've seen Casita Cervecceria listed at Bottle Mixx and I know fuse has located them in and about his zip code.

I'm going without Dinner again today.

https://www.mainebeercompany.com/dinner-release/

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Apologies in advance to mattman as I believe he had this a couple weeks ago per devildeac. Interested in your opinion.

MBC Woods and Waters IPA
    Brewed 6/26/18

Hops not noted on the bottle- lots of citrusy notes on the nose.

Super clear and effervescent.

Bubbles dance on the tongue, and all the glorious lemon and orange hops shine through.

Another outstanding MBC beer.
    You made me curious.

https://www.mainebeercompany.com/woods-waters

HOPS: MAGNUM, SIMCOE, MOSAIC, COLUMBUS, IDAHO 7
    MALT: AMERICAN 2-ROW, BLUE OX PALE, BLUE OX WHEAT, BLUE OX VIENNA

Ymmm, lagers.
    Andygator is a special and all too easy to drink high ABV beer.

Lead-off hitter at tailgate last PM knocked it outta the stadium:

Wisconsin Belgian Red-New Glarus Brewing Company

Beeradvocate's #1 fruit beer and this was my share beer from my last 750 ml capped and wax-sealed bottle. NG now packages this in 4 packs at about $12 each, tax included. The 750 ml format was always about $12. You do the math.

Pour was a gorgeous ruby-brown with a fizzy, quickly disappearing head. Cherry, cherry, cherry nose with a hint of wood and sour. Almost thick and chewy cherry juice flavors with some oak, berry a drop of sourness with minimal bitterness. I'll guess IBUs about 10 and the ABV is in the 4-5% range. This was our appetizer beer and was well-received by all. I'd have this at a breakfast tailgate with a bowl of fruit, at lunch with a chicken salad sandwich or wrap or at an evening event before or after dinner.

1516 Heller Bock-Red Oak Brewing

One of their limited releases and August West shared one of these 12 ounce bottles with the group last evening. Thanks!

A classic bock style beer. Heck, it should be as Red Oak only brews lagers in the Reinheitsgebot tradition:

"According to the 1516 Bavarian law, the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley and hops. The text does not mention yeast as an ingredient, since its existence was unknown."

Pour was a light straw color with a small, creamy head. Nose of lightly toasted bread with a soft, delicate mouthfeel and flavors or light honey, more toasted bread, flowers with a dry, minimally bitter finish. August West quoted IBUs about 25 and the ABV at 6% so it was not a doppelbock as the Andygator is. A very nice partner with a half a plate of pulled pork and the other half divided between some spicy baked beans and creamy slaw.

1516 Heller Bock-Red Oak Brewing

One of their limited releases and August West shared one of these 12 ounce bottles with the group last evening. Thanks!

A classic bock style beer. Heck, it should be as Red Oak only brews lagers in the Reinheitsgebot tradition:

"According to the 1516 Bavarian law, the only ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were water, barley and hops. The text does not mention yeast as an ingredient, since its existence was unknown."

Pour was a light straw color with a small, creamy head. Nose of lightly toasted bread with a soft, delicate mouthfeel and flavors or light honey, more toasted bread, flowers with a dry, minimally bitter finish. August West quoted IBUs about 25 and the ABV at 6% so it was not a doppelbock as the Andygator is. A very nice partner with a half a plate of pulled pork and the other half divided between some spicy baked beans and creamy slaw.
    Sounds like another really solid Red Oak offering. Don’t think I’ve had this one.

Believe it or not, the final beer of tailgate:

Saison (same day growler)-Allagash Brewing Company

A tip of the pint glass to August West for bringing this, a most pleasant "light" beer on a very warm, sticky evening on Devil's Alley!

Pour was a cloudy, light straw color with a fizzy head that left a bit of Belgian lacing on our glasses. Pretty much a classic saison with aromas of hay, flowers and some fresh apples and pears. AW detected a bit of grapefruit when tasting and I'd agree. There are also the expected pear and apple tastes with a pinch of black pepper and a very mild bitterness. No IBUs listed so we both guessed about 20-30 and the ABV was 6.1%. Neither of us desired a hop monster or anything thick, gooey and/or boozey so we had a very pleasant, non-bloated evening, filled up mostly by good food and conversation. The "players":

Grains: Allagash 2-Row Malted Barley Blend, Malted Rye, Oats

Hops: Northern Brewer, Bravo, and Cascade

Spices/Other: Dark Belgian Candi Sugar

Yeast: Saison

Sounds like another really solid Red Oak offering. Don’t think I’ve had this one.
    It was and I vaguely recall AW bring a bottle to a tailgate a few years ago for sharing (or trading).

Here's a link to their limited releases:

https://www.redoakbrewery.com/limited-releases.html

I think the only other one I've had from that link is Battlefield Bock and I'd bet it's been at least a decade since I sipped one of those.

Das Boot (BB Dec 31, 2018 is what I think is stated in dot form on the bottle neck)-Saranac/FX Matt Brewing Company

Trader #1 from tailgate yesterday from August West. Thanks!

Labeled as a Vienna-style lager, I was a bit surprised by the light amber pour from this 12 ounce bottle. Light, toasted bread nose, followed by light brown sugar and gently roasted, grainy tastes. Some mild earthy, herbal bitterness. IBUs on the label are 20 and the ABV is 5.2%. This was part of a fall mixed 12 pack and was a pleasant way to start off the football, beer-trading season.

Allagash James and Julie
    Flemish style sour brown ale

An interesting pour, like a very thin grade B maple syrup.

Smells like sour cherry.

Sour up front, a great cherry note with a dry finish.

Complex like Rodenbach.

Well worth buying.