Page 837 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33773778782783583683783883984788793713371837 ... LastLast
Results 16,721 to 16,740 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This one may take a while. Start counting. Another list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

I had #35 last PM and was stunned when a Belgian friend of our brought over two bottles from his wine cellar for us to share.
    Nice, I found what I'm doing on Monday morning to ease into the work week.

Coincidentally, over the next 3 weekends I have 2 weddings within 90 minutes of Toppling Goliath... I'm wondering what it's going to take to convince the wife to add 3 hours to the drive time... 5 beers in the top 27 is Duke recruiting level stuff

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Nice, I found what I'm doing on Monday morning to ease into the work week.

Coincidentally, over the next 3 weekends I have 2 weddings within 90 minutes of Toppling Goliath... I'm wondering what it's going to take to convince the wife to add 3 hours to the drive time... 5 beers in the top 27 is Duke recruiting level stuff
    You could be the next Duke MBB coach!!

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You could be the next Duke MBB coach!!

Which makes me wonder: what is the Zion Williamson of beers?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Highly rated, and yet still surprisingly (amazingly?) exciting? Going to have to noodle on that a bit.

I guess given the South Carolina connection it could be a Westbrook beer.

Here's my nominee:

4c966a0897827e7959c5802134d5de80_640x640.jpg

Death Before Disco-Left Hand Brewing

Last beer from my July beer club 4 pack. Another quality brew from Left Hand

Poured a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass. Dark brown color with a moderate, creamy tan head. Nose? Milk chocolate, mildly roasted coffee and toasted pumpernickel bread. Mouthfeel? Smooth and silky. Tastes? Matched the aromas with heavily roasted grain/dark bread, some java and a bit of chocolate (not added). IBUs? Not too many at 24. ABV? Pretty standard at 6%. Pairing? Grilled black bean, cheese and corn quesadilla with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa and a couple splashes of hot sauce. Overall impression? Very good-would sip again. Ingredients:

MALT: Pale 2-row, Munich, Crystal, Chocolate, Carafa
    HOPS: Centennial, Cascade

Peeper (bottled on 7/17/18)-Maine Beer Company

My faith in MBC has also been restored after Mo and my current offering above.

Poured almost all my 500 ml bottle ($7, IIRC) of this pale ale into my oversized Ommegang tulip. slightly hazy, medium yellow-straw color with a modest, fizzy head which still lingers about halfway through the glass now. Light grapefruit and bready aromas with hints of pine. A bit of zest to accompany mild grapefruit and sourdough bread tastes with subtle resin. No IBUs quoted so I'll estimate 40. ABV is 5.5%. So much better when pale ales and IPAs are consumed fresh. This is really a fine, almost delicate ale. Cast of characters:

HOPS: AMARILLO, CASCADE, CENTENNIAL
    MALT: AMERICAN 2-ROW, CARAPILS, VIENNA, RED WHEAT

(copied and pasted the ingredients-sorry about all caps and I have no clue what the rectangle means in front of Centennial )

Followed by mine:

Mount-Pleasant-Freight-Train-DIPA.jpg
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

"The Zion Train"

Hell, yea!!

Hey, mattman,

How was Woods and Waters?

Hey, mattman,

How was Woods and Waters?

I’m not mattman, and I do have a bottle of Allagash Woods and Waters chilling in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m not mattman, and I do have a bottle of Allagash Woods and Waters chilling in the fridge.
    Oooh, we have a discrepancy here. Mattman made me guess which Maine Beer Company beer he was drinking yesterday from a photo and I struck out. He finally told me after I threatened to send The Zion Train to his house that it was MBC Woods and Waters, which is not an Allagash product thought the breweries are relatively close to each other.

Oooh, we have a discrepancy here. Mattman made me guess which Maine Beer Company beer he was drinking yesterday from a photo and I struck out. He finally told me after I threatened to send The Zion Train to his house that it was MBC Woods and Waters, which is not an Allagash product thought the breweries are relatively close to each other.
    And, mattman would be correct. I recently picked up a new Allagash and MBC beer and misremembered which was which.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    And, mattman would be correct. I recently picked up a new Allagash and MBC beer and misremembered which was which.
    No problem. I'd never heard of Woods and Waters until you mentioned it here (or to me) and I've probably never heard of the new Allagash brew either .

Another list :

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/16/

How many have you sampled?

Allagash James and Julie Flemish Sour.

Still on the lookout for their recent peach release, have heard it is unbelievably good.

Tall Guy-Breakside Brewery

ab90f0c1b6dd8d847ab91899dd149f4b_640x640.jpg

#14 on the Top 324 IPAs from Paste Magazine that fuse linked a few weeks ago:

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anked.html?p=3

This was an $8ish bomber bought at Bottle Revolution a couple weeks ago that I divided before and after an evening out with Mrs. dd last PM. No, Mrs. dd had none of this one.

Pour was a slightly hazy, bright, yellow-tangerine hue with a moderate, foamy head. Aromas were all tropical, mostly pineapple. Some tastes of mango, grapefruit and papaya snuck on to the palate along with some rind and light brown sugar. I think it's a single hop Citra IPA and yes, I'd have another bomber or three of this. Untappd claims 60 IBUs but Breakside makes no such claims. Would be happy with any mild to moderately spicy dishes.

Hoping fuse likes his selection...

Wisconsin beer alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A golfing buddy of mine is taking his daughter (diehard Packers fan) to a game in September. I told him today I'm gonna give him several $$ and a beer list for New Glarus, and what else? Let's start the list, please.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    A golfing buddy of mine is taking his daughter (diehard Packers fan) to a game in September. I told him today I'm gonna give him several $$ and a beer list for New Glarus, and what else? Let's start the list, please.
    Oh, man, this could go on for a while.

For starters, I'd leave off the "what else."

Hope he's driving as his ability to pack adult beverages in his checked bags will be limited.

If you like fruit beers, as in Belgian lambic style ales, here's your list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/9/

Ask him to load up on #s 1 and 2. #s 3, 4 and 7 are seasonals and not likely available.

Go to the New Glarus beer finder (https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/beerfinder) and type in a zip code near where he's staying. He should be able to make any/all his purchases from one location, thinking any Woodman's in general. Your best bet may be a sampler 12 pack which will contain triples of 4 very drinkable products (one of which is certain to be Spotted Cow, their flagship ale) but none of the seasonals/Thumbprint Series brews.

I wouldn't bother with a trip to the brewery as I'll guess it's 100 miles away and their prices are $1-2 higher/4 pack or 6er than typical retail outlets.

You know where/how to find me as more questions arise.

That's why

Oh, man, this could go on for a while.

For starters, I'd leave off the "what else."

Hope he's driving as his ability to pack adult beverages in his checked bags will be limited.

If you like fruit beers, as in Belgian lambic style ales, here's your list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/9/

Ask him to load up on #s 1 and 2. #s 3, 4 and 7 are seasonals and not likely available.

Go to the New Glarus beer finder (https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/beerfinder) and type in a zip code near where he's staying. He should be able to make any/all his purchases from one location, thinking any Woodman's in general. Your best bet may be a sampler 12 pack which will contain triples of 4 very drinkable products (one of which is certain to be Spotted Cow, their flagship ale) but none of the seasonals/Thumbprint Series brews.

I wouldn't bother with a trip to the brewery as I'll guess it's 100 miles away and their prices are $1-2 higher/4 pack or 6er than typical retail outlets.

You know where/how to find me as more questions arise.
    I'm asking early