Page 835 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33573578582583383483583683784588593513351835 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,700 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Impressive list. I might have to do a bit extra beer-hunting while in Chicago (again) next month for any Toppling Goliath products. Considering The Field Museum is in Chi-town, they'd better have some Sue-related ales, fake or real.
    I believe I bought mine at Binny's while up in the city... Saw the dino, bought a couple to share with my brew bud whose 2 year old is on a huge Jurassic Park kick.

https://www.pintpass.com/

Yes, please.

Where/how do I enroll?

Also, let's not let this gem get buried... Sounds like an awesome idea/app! They are giving away $20 in beer money to 500 random accounts on Wednesday... I think we get more entries if we share and use each other's referral codes. Here's mine in case anyone signs up

https://vy.tc/fpHVP88

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    I believe I bought mine at Binny's while up in the city... Saw the dino, bought a couple to share with my brew bud whose 2 year old is on a huge Jurassic Park kick.
    Hmm, I *think* there's a Binny's less than a mile from our daughter/son-in-laws condo...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

This one may take a while. Start counting. Another list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/

I had #35 last PM and was stunned when a Belgian friend of our brought over two bottles from his wine cellar for us to share.

I had #35 last PM and was stunned when a Belgian friend of our brought over two bottles from his wine cellar for us to share.
    Ballpark 24.

Somewhere between 5-10 without double checking.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ballpark 24.
    Best estimate is 21. I had to really dig through some old archives from our 2014 beer-cation and forgotten I had Edward and Second Fiddle on draft. I'll add 2 more to my list this tailgate season as I have a 750 ml bottle of CBS and I think August West has two 750 ml bottles of Black Tuesday.

A NY/MA/VT road trip might really add to our lists given that there are so many Other Half, Tree House, Trillium and Hill Farmstead brews on that list. Maybe we could entice mattman into giving up a few Zimas to make room for some of the above...

Trappist Westvleteren 12 (28.10.18 stamped on the bottle cap)-Brouwerij de Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren

I always have difficulty reviewing a world class beer and this proved no exception as it is now almost 48 hours since I sipped this 330 ml bottle, gifted by our US-Belgian friend. I was stunned when he brought over two bottles and told me we were drinking them together. I'll guess it's been about 15 years since I savored one of these.

Decanted gently at cellar temperature into my smallish Gouden Carolus chalice from a capped but unlabeled brown bottle except for the raised letters of "TRAPPISTENBIER" encircling the bottleneck. Our friend brought his own "official" Westvleteren chalice . He thinks the bottles were bought in 2016 or 2017. Appearance was dark brown with a moderate, creamy tan head that formed a wonderful, lingering Belgian lace. There was a very small amount of fine sediment, likely yeast from the bottle conditioning. Aromas were seductive dark fruits (raisins, dates, figs, plums and cherries). Mouthfeel was quite creamy and smooth, almost viscous. Tastes were amazingly complex, mirroring the aromas and with other flavors of Belgian milk chocolate and dark rum (neither added nor barrel-aged). Bitterness almost non-existent. I'll guess IBUs about 30 based on the quadruple style. Very warming (ABV at 10.2%) throughout the hour or more it took us to sip and converse. Food pairing? Call/PM me if you find this in the United States of have any shipped to your home and we can discuss then.

I'm not sure I'll ever taste this again as he told me how difficult it is to obtain, even being a Belgian citizen as it's done via a complex system of phone calls, reservations and Belgian license plates (no matter what links fuse posts here about "gaming" the system ) and brewed in limited quantities as the monks saying is (paraphrasing) that they don't live to brew beer but brew beer to live, only brewing enough annually to "make budget" for their monastery.

This may be the best beer I've ever had. I guess DeuS that I probably reviewed here several years ago comes close but that's an entirely different style being a tripel that is brewed in Belgium and then re-fermented in France via their champagne method. You can look at the Top 250 list that I posted a couple days ago and discuss all the barrel-aged, IIPAs, sours, imperial stouts you've tasted and how there are 34 other beers ranked above this now (it used to be considered the best beer in the world for years), but, if I get my beverage of choice before heading to eternity, this is the one I'd select. Truly an amazing ale.

Greenport Summer Ale

Long Island local beer.

Sam Adams is better.

Blue point toasted lager

When in LI....

All kidding aside, an eminently drinkable beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Blue point toasted lager

When in LI...

All kidding aside, an eminently drinkable beer.
    I vaguely recall having this in the distant past and have the same recall/memory.

Trappist Westvleteren 12 (28.10.18 stamped on the bottle cap)-Brouwerij de Sint-Sixtusabdij van Westvleteren

I always have difficulty reviewing a world class beer and this proved no exception as it is now almost 48 hours since I sipped this 330 ml bottle, gifted by our US-Belgian friend. I was stunned when he brought over two bottles and told me we were drinking them together. I'll guess it's been about 15 years since I savored one of these.

Decanted gently at cellar temperature into my smallish Gouden Carolus chalice from a capped but unlabeled brown bottle except for the raised letters of "TRAPPISTENBIER" encircling the bottleneck. Our friend brought his own "official" Westvleteren chalice . He thinks the bottles were bought in 2016 or 2017. Appearance was dark brown with a moderate, creamy tan head that formed a wonderful, lingering Belgian lace. There was a very small amount of fine sediment, likely yeast from the bottle conditioning. Aromas were seductive dark fruits (raisins, dates, figs, plums and cherries). Mouthfeel was quite creamy and smooth, almost viscous. Tastes were amazingly complex, mirroring the aromas and with other flavors of Belgian milk chocolate and dark rum (neither added nor barrel-aged). Bitterness almost non-existent. I'll guess IBUs about 30 based on the quadruple style. Very warming (ABV at 10.2%) throughout the hour or more it took us to sip and converse. Food pairing? Call/PM me if you find this in the United States of have any shipped to your home and we can discuss then.

I'm not sure I'll ever taste this again as he told me how difficult it is to obtain, even being a Belgian citizen as it's done via a complex system of phone calls, reservations and Belgian license plates (no matter what links fuse posts here about "gaming" the system ) and brewed in limited quantities as the monks saying is (paraphrasing) that they don't live to brew beer but brew beer to live, only brewing enough annually to "make budget" for their monastery.

This may be the best beer I've ever had. I guess DeuS that I probably reviewed here several years ago comes close but that's an entirely different style being a tripel that is brewed in Belgium and then re-fermented in France via their champagne method. You can look at the Top 250 list that I posted a couple days ago and discuss all the barrel-aged, IIPAs, sours, imperial stouts you've tasted and how there are 34 other beers ranked above this now (it used to be considered the best beer in the world for years), but, if I get my beverage of choice before heading to eternity, this is the one I'd select. Truly an amazing ale.
    So, better than Bud Light?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    So, better than Bud Light?

I'm not sure whether the correct answer is marginally () or infinitely ().

Raspberry Tart-New Glarus Brewing Company

Liquid, carbonated, slightly under-sweetened raspberry jam in a glass. Or is it mildly sweetened raspberry champagne?

I'm going to need a few more ounces before I decide...

Raspberry Tart-New Glarus Brewing Company

Liquid, carbonated, slightly under-sweetened raspberry jam in a glass. Or is it mildly sweetened raspberry champagne?

I'm going to need a few more ounces before I decide...
    Help! Mrs dd just "stole" about 4 ounces from my 12 ounce bottle and liked it. A lot. And she hates beer.

Guess there will have to be several 4 packs purchased on our trip to Chicago and Wisconsin next month.

From 7/4/18:

My turn :

Imperial Weizen-New Glarus Brewing

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a 2.5 ounce Ommegang mini-pilsner glass (it was beer cocktail night so I tasted the Wisconsin Belgian Red and this separately, then together as a "cherry-wh*at" cocktail with 2.5 ounces of each).

Light, clear, golden-yellow color with a nice, lacy head. I got more orange than lemon on the nose and more clove than banana, too. The "acid" description is on-target and I picked up some orange rind in addition to the typical weiß flavors of clove and banana. Fuse is indeed correct again mentioning the "assertively" hopped wh*eat beer. I'll guess IBUs 30-40 here and ABV in the 8-9% range (NG quotes neither). It reminds me of some wh*atwines I've bought (as opposed to barleywines).

Intriguing is the correct word. Very, very good and I'm also really looking forward to my 2 remaining bottles (a family member got the 4th one).
    From tonight:

Imperial Weizen-New Glarus Brewing Company

Too soon?

This time, I think the lemon was a bit more forward than the orange /zest. Maybe some hints of cinnamon now, too.

One bottle remains. Next month (or this winter), it might be cranberry-weizen night. Tonight, it's beer cocktail night again, this time with a raspberry wh*at theme.

#7 from fuse's list/link somewhere upthread is on draft at Bottle Revolution today and just so happens, I have a meeting scheduled with a device rep this evening at a pizza joint about 6 doors down from Bottle Rev.

I'll report later. Really looking forward to this one.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anked.html?p=3

#7 from fuse's list/link somewhere upthread is on draft at Bottle Revolution today and just so happens, I have a meeting scheduled with a device rep this evening at a pizza joint about 6 doors down from Bottle Rev.

I'll report later. Really looking forward to this one.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anked.html?p=3
    Southern Pines' Dance of the Absurd, a NE-DIPA is also on draft. Should be a fun evening.

Get ready

The marketing of pumpkin ales is beginning.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The marketing of pumpkin ales is beginning.
    Along with the usual onslaught of Oktoberfests .

I must admit, Gordgeous is one of the better pumpkin ales.