Page 830 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 33073078082082882983083183284088093013301830 ... LastLast
Results 16,581 to 16,600 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Beach beer checklist:

AV Briney Melon gose
    AV Blood Orange gose
    Westbrook Key Lime gose
    Fullsteam Coffee is for Closers
    Boonshine Hatchet Coffee Porter
    Fullsteam Summer Basil

Highly, highly recommend packing a line up similar to the above for discreet fun on and off the beach.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’ve also had seven. Quite a list.
    Speaking of "whales" and lists, I've had yet another epic fail in obtaining Westvleteren. This time via Mrs. dd who messaged a friend of hers on Facebook (not a stockholder who has lost their shirt, shoes, socks and other clothing articles in the tanking of the stock) who is in Belgium this week with her husband, a Belgian citizen, who regretted to inform us that my particular beer request was not "readily available."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Uinta Piggyback Peach IPA

Imagine Hardywood’s peach trippel in a sessional IPA style, and that’s what Piggyback brings. An excellent balance of peach notes (so, not way over-the-top like Son of a Peach) with solid bite from the hops. A delicious summer beer.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From 1/18/18:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From 8/19/17:

With 5-6" of snow on the ground, I figured out what to do with one of my two remaining bottles last night .

From last PM:

Bourbon Barrel Quad (date on bottle is 09SEPT2018)-Boulevard Brewing Company

I'm not sure if they suggest 3 or 5 years of "shelf life" for this product so the actual bottling date is somewhere from 2013 to 2015.

Similar appearance and bouquet from my Founders snifter but with very little head. Tastes were slightly "off" but not overly foamy or spoiled. Unfortunately, there was some sediment that I didn't leave in the 12 ounce bottle but it really didn't spoil my enjoyment after I allowed it to warm for about 15 minutes and most of the "chunk" had time to settle. Flavors of dark, dried fruits were still prominent with perhaps a bit more "wood" and toasted coconut during this sipping. I'm guessing the final bottle makes it to a tailgate this year, but no promises .
    From last PM:

Bourbon Barrel Quad-Boulevard Brewing Company

Not gonna make it to tailgate this year .;

Nightcap last PM. I slept well (11.8% ABV).

I thought this one aged reasonably well with a pour into a snifter, this time with a moderate head that gave me a bit of worry but the aromas and tastes were not "turned." I avoided almost all the sediment so it was a fairly clear, medium ruby-brown pour. I'd say this one had more cherries in the nose and on the palate and was almost sherry-like with a late, warm bourbon closing. Quite smooth, as I'd expect from the style, with IBUs at 28. Highly recommended for a bit of a splurge, sipping one every 6 months for a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Imagine Hardywood’s peach trippel in a sessional IPA style, and that’s what Piggyback brings. An excellent balance of peach notes (so, not way over-the-top like Son of a Peach) with solid bite from the hops. A delicious summer beer.
    That sounds quite tasty. Might have to search for Freedom of Speach, a sour from Revolution when we visit Chicago again next month but not thinking we'll find any as it's on their beer calendar for June-August.

Brueprint Caldementum Benedictus
    Belgian Style Quad

What kind of lunatic brewery cans a 14% ABV beer in 16oz tallboy cans?

Brueprint, that’s which brewery.
    First things first- no carbonation at all on the pour.
    No date on the can.

Appears to have been filtered, no sediment at all.
    Looks like a brown ale with perhaps some ruby highlights under light.

Smells like raisins, dates, and figs- lots of dry fruit sweetness.

There must be a ton of residual sugar in this beer as only a very tongue numbing finish gives away exactly how high the alcohol content.

Pretty much what you’d expect from a quad in terms of flavour profile.

Would make an excellent after dinner beer.
    The rest of the four pack may sit until fall or year end. With no discernable yeast sediment, not really expecting this beer to change with age.

Brueprint continues to mature and offer really great, true to style beer.

Speaking of "whales" and lists, I've had yet another epic fail in obtaining Westvleteren. This time via Mrs. dd who messaged a friend of hers on Facebook (not a stockholder who has lost their shirt, shoes, socks and other clothing articles in the tanking of the stock) who is in Belgium this week with her husband, a Belgian citizen, who regretted to inform us that my particular beer request was not "readily available."

Also speaking of "whales", I'm gonna check out this new hipster beer bar in West Asheville called...wait for it...Whale. tonight.

Pfriem Belgian style dark ale

10% ABV

Poured a bit murkier than the Brueprint.

Either I have gone nose blind, or the Pfriem has no smell whatsoever. Maybe a mild hint of raisins and brown sugar.

Bubblier on the tongue, and thicker mouthfeel than the Brueprint. An almost smoky finish.

Wish I had done this side by side instead of back to back.

Technically the Pfriem may be the better beer, the Brueprint is a bit more enjoyable (fun?).

An excellent drop!
    Thank you, devildeac!

Beer fridge at its lowest point in a while- 48 bottles and cans of various sizes.

Not a complaint- managing (mostly) fresher beer.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Also speaking of "whales", I'm gonna check out this new hipster beer bar in West Asheville called...wait for it...Whale. tonight.
    Let us know how it goes. While I recognized most of the breweries (not all), I only recognized 2 of the 20 beers noted on the menu.

Brueprint Caldementum Benedictus
    Belgian Style Quad

What kind of lunatic brewery cans a 14% ABV beer in 16oz tallboy cans?

Brueprint, that’s which brewery.
    First things first- no carbonation at all on the pour.
    No date on the can.

Appears to have been filtered, no sediment at all.
    Looks like a brown ale with perhaps some ruby highlights under light.

Smells like raisins, dates, and figs- lots of dry fruit sweetness.

There must be a ton of residual sugar in this beer as only a very tongue numbing finish gives away exactly how high the alcohol content.

Pretty much what you’d expect from a quad in terms of flavour profile.

Would make an excellent after dinner beer.
    The rest of the four pack may sit until fall or year end. With no discernable yeast sediment, not really expecting this beer to change with age.

Brueprint continues to mature and offer really great, true to style beer.
    DBR really needs to have a drool emoji .

This sounds amazing. I'll be sharing my can with our son next week. After dinner or as a nightcap.

Hipster? You'll blend into the crowd nicely...

Pfriem Belgian style dark ale

10% ABV

Poured a bit murkier than the Brueprint.

Either I have gone nose blind, or the Pfriem has no smell whatsoever. Maybe a mild hint of raisins and brown sugar.

Bubblier on the tongue, and thicker mouthfeel than the Brueprint. An almost smoky finish.

Wish I had done this side by side instead of back to back.

Technically the Pfriem may be the better beer, the Brueprint is a bit more enjoyable (fun?).

An excellent drop!
    Thank you, devildeac!
    I'm happy the beertender at pFriem had me taste the Super Saison and this one before completing my purchase. Glad you liked this one, too. Now I wish I had bought a couple more but we had about used up all our available socks/running shoes "packing material" for the plane trip back to RDU.

Beer fridge at its lowest point in a while- 48 bottles and cans of various sizes.

Not a complaint- managing (mostly) fresher beer.
    There'll be a drop from the Ohio devildeac delivery service Tuesday night next week. After inventory and negotiations (and samplings) for 2-3 nights and settling my account with the couriers, I'll inquire about your availability and interest in any of those products. Our son claims "a reeaall good selection" again this time around.

Let us know how it goes. While I recognized most of the breweries (not all), I only recognized 2 of the 20 beers noted on the menu.
    I had about the same observations as fuse with maybe 1 beer I had tasted before and maybe 1-2 other selections from their draft list.

DBR really needs to have a drool emoji .

This sounds amazing. I'll be sharing my can with our son next week. After dinner or as a nightcap.
    Haven’t done the research- at 14% I am pretty sure its the biggest ABV NC brewed beer I’ve had.

Haven’t done the research- at 14% I am pretty sure its the biggest ABV NC brewed beer I’ve had.
    I *think* my record ABV for a NC brewed beer so far is 13% which was Night Jump from Aviator, followed closely by 12.8% which was Collaboration Without Representation from Deep River. Aviator also brewed a beer late last year or earlier this year that I never tasted or searched for that was called Devil's Nightmare that weighed in at 14.99% ABV. Quite the coincidence given NC beer laws, eh?

And, speaking of "laws," I have a 500 ml bottle of The Law from Durty Bull that was my December 2017 beer club selection. That bad boy is 15% ABV. Another coincidence, right?

I *think* my record ABV for a NC brewed beer so far is 13% which was Night Jump from Aviator, followed closely by 12.8% which was Collaboration Without Representation from Deep River. Aviator also brewed a beer late last year or earlier this year that I never tasted or searched for that was called Devil's Nightmare that weighed in at 14.99% ABV. Quite the coincidence given NC beer laws, eh?

And, speaking of "laws," I have a 500 ml bottle of The Law from Durty Bull that was my December 2017 beer club selection. That bad boy is 15% ABV. Another coincidence, right?

d0ec8db8a76d42b03abef9107a3b8819_640x640.jpg

From 12/26/16:

It's Wisconsin fruit beer time!

Cranbic-New Glarus Brewing Company

Oh. My. Goodness.

Brewed in the tradition of a Belgian lambic, this ale was fermented outdoors in oak barrels for 5 months using Wisconsin cranberries and indigenous (they like that word) wild yeast. Part of their Thumbprint Series and packaged in 12 ounce bottles, I poured a single last PM into 3 miniature Ommegang pilsner glasses (serving cold in a champagne flute is suggested be we don't own any ). Looked like Rubaeus, a bit cloudy and pink with a thin, pinkish head. Slightly sour acidic nose and tastes but oh-so-much like a traditional Belgian lambic, but unlike in the sense that I don't think I've ever heard/read about a cranberry-flavored one. Maybe a Sour Patch Kids/Ocean Spray cranberry soda collaboration is the best description. Mildly tart and sweet at the same time. I'll guess IBUs about 10 and ABV of 5%, both minimally perceptible. This was at home solo but would be a great pairing with a Thanksgiving or Christmas feast or a slice of plain or lightly fruited cheesecake.

Stay tuned. There's more. We played a lot with NG products last PM.
    From last PM:

Cranbic (2018)-New Glarus Brewing Company

I can't believe it was almost 20 months between Cranbics . I poured this one into an oversized Ommegang tulip kept it all to myself to celebrate. No playing/blending. Berry juice and red wine vinegar aromas and tastes but not too tart/sour. There's one left and I suspect it'll be a Thanksgiving or Christmas tasting to see how it cellars for almost a year.

From 12/26/16:

From last PM:

Cranbic (2018)-New Glarus Brewing Company

I can't believe it was almost 20 months between Cranbics . I poured this one into an oversized Ommegang tulip kept it all to myself to celebrate. No playing/blending. Berry juice and red wine vinegar aromas and tastes but not too tart/sour. There's one left and I suspect it'll be a Thanksgiving or Christmas tasting to see how it cellars for almost a year.
    I’m saving the two I have for Thanksgiving.