Page 822 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 32272277281282082182282382483287292213221822 ... LastLast
Results 16,421 to 16,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Hardywood Peach Tripel

I’m not much of a liquor drinker, yet upon pouring I immediately thought of a Bellini.

Smells a bit like sour straw and peach jam.

The initial sip is fruit forward, masked by being a bit too cold and coming off mostly as the base Tripel beer.

Not a complaint- Belgian and Belgian style beers really launched my interest in beer.

As the beer warms up, the peach begins to shine over top of the belgian style base.

Maybe not as amazing as gingerbread stout (what could be?), and an affirmation that Hardywood brews great beer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    hardywood peach tripel

i’m not much of a liquor drinker, yet upon pouring i immediately thought of a bellini.

Smells a bit like sour straw and peach jam.

The initial sip is fruit forward, masked by being a bit too cold and coming off mostly as the base tripel beer.

Not a complaint- belgian and belgian style beers really launched my interest in beer.

As the beer warms up, the peach begins to shine over top of the belgian style base.

Maybe not as amazing as gingerbread stout (what could be?), and an affirmation that hardywood brews great beer.
    Bourbon Barrel Aged GBS?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Belgian Strong Dark (draft)-pFriem Family Brewers

Drink indigenously!

Why not sample before you buy? The beertender was kind enough to pull a 2 ounce sample before completing my take-away purchase.

He managed to put a one inch, tan head on the small pour . Dark brown color with alluring aromas of dark fruits, toffee and dark rum. Tastes of milk chocolate dipped cherries, raisins, dates and figs with a warming, rummy (not added or aged) finish. Not labeled a quad but that's what it most resembled. IBUs at 38 and ABV was 10%. Glad I only had a taste but, if forced, I'd have another 8 ounces for $6. Pairing? A 12 ounce snifter would be fine.

Super Saison (draft)-pFriem Family Brewers

Another taster before purchase .

Same zip code.

Pour was slightly cloudy and straw-yellow. Modest, meringue-like head. Nose of straw, not fully ripe pears and apples and a whiff of spice. Tastes of the same with some lemon and a grain or two of freshly ground black pepper. I'd have never guessed the IBUs of 38 (I actually had this before the Belgian Strong Dark above) and super because the ABV was 9.5%, rather high for the style. Wouldn't hesitate a moment to order a full pour of this one either. I'd pair with a fruit plate/dessert or a salmon BLT.

Jammy Pale Ale (draft)-pFriem Family Brewers

My "let's wait 30-45 minutes to get a dinner table beer."

Local. Again.

Twelve ounce pour was lemon-yellow with a bit of haze and a modest, creamy head. Their PR person musta had a couple extra samples of their barrel aged brews when they wrote, "marionberries, strawberry preserves, candied pineapple and peach and round notes of cantaloupe, blueberries, gummy bears and lemon balm," () or my palate is severely uneducated as I thought it was stone fruity with some tangerine and mango flavors with some faint floral hop aromas and tastes. IBUs of 32 and ABV at 5.4%. Made me think of NoDa's Jam Session Pale Ale and wish I had tasted that at some time to compare (over a great elapsed time and distance).

https://news.microsoft.com/transform/can-ai-help-brewers-predict-how-new-beer-varieties-will-taste-carlsberg-says-probably/?utm_source=Direct

Belgian Strong Blonde (draft)-pFriem Family Brewing

Twelve ounces of liquid pleasure in a tulip.

Pour was a clear light gold-yellow with a fizzy, single-fingered head that left a nice curtain of Belgian lace on my glass. A lemon grass scented fruit basket of aromas arose from my glass and was followed by fresh apples, pears, clove, orange and a bit of black pepper. IBUs were 30 and the ABV was 7.5%. It was not a good pairing with the poutine so I finished that before finishing the enchanting elixir as we chatted after dinner last PM. Would order this again without hesitation.

Overall, our trip to pFriem last PM was a wonderful experience meeting and dining with friends on the Columbia River, despite the temperature approaching 100. Very good food, excellent beer, both exceeding my expectations. I'd search out their beer if we visit the Pacific NW any time in the future and will confirm/applaud Tripping William's review/recommendation from several weeks ago. Ymm, Beer hits another one out of the park.

Muse - Belgian Golden Ale - Daredevil Brewing Company

8.5% ABV, 32 IBU. Pours clear with little head. A little spice to the taste, but a hint of apple. Finishes clean. A very nice golden ale.

Daredevil won the Indiana Brewer's Cup earlier this week. Second year in a row. https://www.indianastatefair.com/sta...a-brewers-cup/

Aunt Sally’s “Private Reserve” Blueberry Wheat

A bit of an inside joke- I have a friend who is quite serious about his homebrew. His living room is now a pub.

Small pour in a tulip glass.
    Rich white head, and a nose of fresh, underripe blueberry.

A mild tinge of color, the beer itself is not quite golden- a very faint pink or violet sheen in the right light.

Maybe the second or third blueberry beer I’ve ever enjoyed.
    It’s really good- the wheat is very mild, and the beer tastes like a fresh cold blueberry pie.

Delightful.

Aunt Sally’s Private Reserve RPA

Aunt Sally is in honour of my friends former dog.

An 8% IPA, reminds me of how good a regular IPA can be.

Aunt Sally’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter

A better than Sweet Baby Jesus clone?

Wow.

A liquid Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
    This was absolutely lethal.

Aunt Sally’s Apple Cyser

Apple, cinnamon and vanilla.

If you like apple pie, this was the beer for you.

Heady vanilla and cinnamon apple on the nose.

Tasted like (you guessed it) apple pie.

I was really spoiled last night to sample 4 amazing homebrews.

Hi Pitch Mosaic IPA by Hi Wire Brewing Asheville, NC

Bright orange pour with a good aroma of citrus and melon notes, particularly grapefruit.

6.7% ABV and 55 IBU's

Very nice IPA. It's kind of sweet on the front followed by just the right amount of bitterness to balance it out. Very drinkable and will definitely purchase again.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

http://appellationbeer.com/blog/hard...einheitsgebot/

Interesting take on changing times and what it takes to make a brut IPA.

http://imbibemagazine.com/light-beer/

Great read made better by highlighting Burial.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Hi Pitch Mosaic IPA by Hi Wire Brewing Asheville, NC

Bright orange pour with a good aroma of citrus and melon notes, particularly grapefruit.

6.7% ABV and 55 IBU's

Very nice IPA. It's kind of sweet on the front followed by just the right amount of bitterness to balance it out. Very drinkable and will definitely purchase again.
    I think I had this 1-2 months ago and really liked it. Mosaic hops=Ymm, Beer.

http://appellationbeer.com/blog/hard...einheitsgebot/

Interesting take on changing times and what it takes to make a brut IPA.
    Didn't find any brut IPAs in Oregon on our trip. I'll have to start seeking out several of these. Thanks for the reminder.

http://imbibemagazine.com/light-beer/

Great read made better by highlighting Burial.
    Some really prominent breweries mentioned in that article like DFH, Mikeller and O'Fallon.

Railwalk Orange Kreamsicle Kolsch

Railwalk is listed as having a location in downtown Salisbury (and, as it turns out, they actually do), but it is operated by the folks who run the Morgan Ridge winery (and brewery) at High Rock Lake, deep within Rowan County. I came across a four-pack of 16-ounce cans of their Orange Kreamsicle kolsch at our local Lowe's Foods, and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm glad I did.

The name is accurate: This refreshing beer is brewed with orange peel, blood oranges, and vanilla beans, so it tastes a great deal like the frozen treat. A hazy yellow color, it pours with a fairly thick white head. The vanilla is not overpowering, but definitely present, and adds nice depth to the orange flavors. 5.0% ABV, so it's a nice summer beer.

So, if you decide to speed down I-85, PJ Hairston style ( ), it's worth a stop in Salisbury to seek this out.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."