Page 808 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 30870875879880680780880981081885890813081808 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,160 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Shows how little I've been keeping up with this thread lately
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    We know...we’ve been missing you!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Lemon Cucumber Gose-Westbrook Brewing Company

I bought a case of the Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose to share with our son and fuse so the owner of the relatively new bottle shop near our house asked if I liked the style (D'oh!) and ran to the back room for his new shipment and gave me a 12 ounce can of this to try in appreciation for a full case purchase.

Poured somewhat aggressively into a standard pint glass with the results of a cloudy appearance and a smallish, foamy head that lingered for several minutes. Unmistakable aromas of ReaLemon juice. Moderately high pucker factor and salinity with a faint vegetable flavor that I probably wouldn't have guessed/perceived without the obvious name of the beer . I'll guess IBUs around 5-10 with the standard low ABV of 4%. Good beer for a warm summer evening. I like their Key Lime Pie Gose better but this is a high quality, distinctive effort.

Fourth of July’ish trip to Chicagoland and Fargo, ND. Recommendations welcomed. I know dd has posted a lot about Windy City beers, but he posts a lot about a lot of beers (not saying that’s a bad thing ), so a top-level summary of some to seek out would be helpful.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Fourth of July’ish trip to Chicagoland and Fargo, ND. Recommendations welcomed. I know dd has posted a lot about Windy City beers, but he posts a lot about a lot of beers (not saying that’s a bad thing ), so a top-level summary of some to seek out would be helpful.
    https://www.thrillist.com/drink/chic...ies-in-chicago

I've had a pilsner from Metropolitan that was good.

I'd skip Lagunitas (cough, Heineken, cough) but I still like their beers.

I think Goose Island (cough, InBev, cough) still brews good beers but I'd skip also.

Had several Revolution but not been to brewpub which is a bit outta the way from our daughter's condo near University of Chicago.

FFF is in Munster, about 20-25 miles south of our daughter's place. Plenty of FFF posts here.

Destihl is in central IL, IIRC, and makes some really sour beers. Good sours.

Two Brothers makes several beers I've liked.

Old Irving Park Brewery worth the trip. Draft only I think but very good. Nice Sunday brunch, too.

Baderbrau is also a good, traditionally German brewpub with drafts and bottles/cans.

Fargo? I got nuthin'.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

I think Goose Island (cough, InBev, cough) still brews good beers but I'd skip also.

Had several Revolution but not been to brewpub which is a bit outta the way from our daughter's condo near University of Chicago.

FFF is in Munster, about 20-25 miles south of our daughter's place. Plenty of FFF posts here.

Old Irving Park Brewery worth the trip. Draft only I think but very good. Nice Sunday brunch, too.

Baderbrau is also a good, traditionally German brewpub with drafts and bottles/cans.

Fargo? I got nuthin'.
    Thanks. The YouTubes tell me that there are 3-4 breweries in Fargo. Guess we’ll see....

Thanks. The YouTubes tell me that there are 3-4 breweries in Fargo. Guess we’ll see...
    You're most welcome. I'm here to serve...

Are you driving between Chicagoland and Fargo ? If so, I could give you some good Wisconsin breweries to look for. Including stopping at any gas station within 50 miles of the Illinois border to grab your fill of New Glarus beers

Also, I have a good friend here in FL (who is also into brewing/craft beer) who is from the Fargo area and still visits his family there frequently. I just sent him a note asking for recommendations. I'll post it here when he responds.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Are you driving between Chicagoland and Fargo ? If so, I could give you some good Wisconsin breweries to look for. Including stopping at any gas station within 50 miles of the Illinois border to grab your fill of New Glarus beers

Also, I have a good friend here in FL (who is also into brewing/craft beer) who is from the Fargo area and still visits his family there frequently. I just sent him a note asking for recommendations. I'll post it here when he responds.
    This post is yet another reason Ymm, Beer is such fun to read.

If Tripping William is driving, what a great opportunity to visit that little town about 20 miles SW of Madison, tour the NG brewery and have a draft.

This post is yet another reason Ymm, Beer is such fun to read.

If Tripping William is driving, what a great opportunity to visit that little town about 20 miles SW of Madison, tour the NG brewery and have a draft.
    Agree that if driving is occurring and time allows a side trip to New Glarus is worthwhile.

Here is what my friend Joe says about the Fargo beer scene:

My brother and I hit up Junkyard Brewing in Moorhead (across the river from Fargo in MN) whenever in town. They do a lot IPAs and big beers. Several of their beers are one-offs, including sours and various milkshake IPAs. I don't think they package other than some crowlers and growlers onsite. Nice small-ish tasting room. Kind of a pop culture theme.

The other big one is Fargo Brewing Company. They can a core lineup and have a tasting room.

Drekker is also there, but a few years back, it wasn't that impressive. Maybe it has changed over time. There are a couple of others, but I haven't tried them.

So there are three options including one that appears to can their beers. Don't know where you are staying but Drekker appears to be in downtown Fargo with Junkyard and Fargo Brewing within a 5-10 min drive.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Agree that if driving is occurring and time allows a side trip to New Glarus is worthwhile.

Here is what my friend Joe says about the Fargo beer scene:

So there are three options including one that appears to can their beers. Don't know where you are staying but Drekker appears to be in downtown Fargo with Junkyard and Fargo Brewing within a 5-10 min drive.
    Thanks. Not driving to Fargo, but now wish I was.

Even more info to ponder:

https://www.timeout.com/chicago/bars...cago-breweries

TW - I have a cousin in Grand Forks. I'll check to see if she knows of any good spots in Fargo.

https://punchdrink.com/articles/where-to-buy-rare-spirits-house-of-glunz-chicago/

Seems like an interesting place to stop.

Three Floyds Gumballhead is a reall, really refreshing wheat beer. Good thing, too: It’s hotter than CH-Hades here in ChiTown!

Fargo? I got nuthin'.
    The Two Brothers Roundhouse includes a brewery, pub and tavern. It is housed in the Aurora commuter train station, which is at the end of the BNSF Metra train line (ie where trains turn around). It is a pretty cool spot with good bar grub and a wide selection of beers (and not just their own, which are pretty good). Trains take ~40-60 minutes from Union Station downtown depending on departure time, and are air conditioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    So, you're suggesting we party like it's 1769?

Three Floyds Gumballhead is a reall, really refreshing wheat beer. Good thing, too: It’s hotter than CH-Hades here in ChiTown!
    I'll guess FFF beers are readily available on draft and/or in bottles (6ers and bombers) in the metropolitan area.

I'll guess FFF beers are readily available on draft and/or in bottles (6ers and bombers) in the metropolitan area.
    Many are, but not Zombie Dust unfortunately....