Page 796 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 29669674678679479579679779880684689612961796 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,920 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

New Glarus Coffee Stout (12 ounce bottle shared 3 ways) sipped with small slices of (leftover) cherry pie and chocolate chocolate cake smushed together to form an impromptu Black Forest Cake. Ymm, Beer meets Ymm, Dessert.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    How many you want? The store is about 1.5 miles from our daughter and son-in-law's house. I might make a trip back at that price and buy a case.
    I'll purchase three or four, or trade you some Hardywood Cru or Ardent honey ginger 😏

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I'll purchase three or four, or trade you some Hardywood Cru or Ardent honey ginger 😏
    What? No pies?

I'll do some shopping today.

Fresh Squeezed IPA-Deschutes Brewery

I could drink this every day.

Shared my first 12 ounce can of this ever at our daughter/older son-in-law's last PM and we both enjoyed it so much he offered to share his last remaining can. Yes, please!

Poured a yellow-orange-amber with a moderate head. The name is highly accurate. Tantalizing scents of freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices (no pulp!) with tastes to match almost perfectly. There's a bit of rind/zest on the palate with a fruity, juicy sweetness. IBUs roll in at 60 and the ABV is 6.4%. Sweet enough to serve with any sweet and sour dish yet hoppy/bitter enough to pair with spicy fare, too.

So happy that this great brewery has distribution of their "session" beers and their specialty offerings in the south now with their brewery set to open in 2019 or 2020 in Roanoke.

Eurisko Brewing on the southern most point of the South Slope is very good.

More to come later, with the rest of the Budapest beer reviews.

North High Stardust to Stardust Imperial IPA

Popping open the black and gold can rewards with a fresh burst of pineapple in the air.

Vigourous pour, no real head.

Super chunky- not in a New England IPA haze kind of way.
    Lots of suspended particulates in the glass.

Pineapple, lemon, orange nose with a bit of resiny pine in the mix.

Initial sip is surprisingly bitter (not overwhelmingly so), mid palate is very much mango and guava-y, more mild fleshy fruit flavor and a briefly bitter finish.

An enjoyable brew from a brewery with which I am not familiar.
    Thanks devildeac!

Fresh Squeezed IPA-Deschutes Brewery

I could drink this every day.

Shared my first 12 ounce can of this ever at our daughter/older son-in-law's last PM and we both enjoyed it so much he offered to share his last remaining can. Yes, please!

Poured a yellow-orange-amber with a moderate head. The name is highly accurate. Tantalizing scents of freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices (no pulp!) with tastes to match almost perfectly. There's a bit of rind/zest on the palate with a fruity, juicy sweetness. IBUs roll in at 60 and the ABV is 6.4%. Sweet enough to serve with any sweet and sour dish yet hoppy/bitter enough to pair with spicy fare, too.

So happy that this great brewery has distribution of their "session" beers and their specialty offerings in the south now with their brewery set to open in 2019 or 2020 in Roanoke.
    Excellent summary. I am big on West Coast IPAs, and Fresh Squeezed is my #1. I drink it with just about any type of fare.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    North High Stardust to Stardust Imperial IPA

Popping open the black and gold can rewards with a fresh burst of pineapple in the air.

Vigourous pour, no real head.

Super chunky- not in a New England IPA haze kind of way.
    Lots of suspended particulates in the glass.

Pineapple, lemon, orange nose with a bit of resiny pine in the mix.

Initial sip is surprisingly bitter (not overwhelmingly so), mid palate is very much mango and guava-y, more mild fleshy fruit flavor and a briefly bitter finish.

An enjoyable brew from a brewery with which I am not familiar.
    Thanks devildeac!
    You're welcome. That was a trader 6er with devildeac 2 in late April and I had never heard of the brewery either. Glad you liked it. I actually liked the Saber Tooth Tiger IIPA he traded from Rhinegeist better but still found (Ziggy) Stardust to Star(wars)dust rather tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Excellent summary. I am big on West Coast IPAs, and Fresh Squeezed is my #1. I drink it with just about any type of fare.
    We're in Chicago until late AM tomorrow. Hope you approve of Pollyanna (Cherry Lime Allure reviewed yesterday) and Revolution (Pils-up next on my review list).

Got the last 4 in the store about 30 minutes ago. Let's trade!

Got the last 4 in the store about 30 minutes ago. Let's trade!
    Cool. Should be down for the football game the 22nd.

I read somewhere that, based on some drinking on the show, you were getting flamed online from beer snobs. Does that happen often?

Bourdain: A lot. I would say that the angriest critiques I get from people about shows are when I'm drinking whatever convenient cold beer is available in a particular place, and not drinking the best beer out there. You know, I haven't made the effort to walk down the street 10 blocks to the microbrewery where they're making some []ing Mumford and Sons IPA. People get all bent about it. But look, I like cold beer. And I like to have a good time. I don't like to talk about beer, honestly. I don't like to talk about wine. I like to drink beer. If you bring me a really good one, a good craft beer, I will enjoy it, and say so. But I'm not gonna analyze it.

I was in San Francisco. And I was desperate for a beer, and I walked into this place. I thought it was an old bar. And I sat down, and I looked up, and I noticed there was a wide selection of beers I'd never heard of. Which is fine. Ok, I'm in sort of brewpub. What's good? But I looked around: the entire place was filled with people sitting there with five small glasses in front of them, filled with different beers, taking notes. This is not a bar. This is []ing Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This is wrong, This is not what a bar is about. A bar is to go to get a little bit buzzed, and pleasantly derange the senses, and have a good time, and interact with other people, or make bad decisions, or feel bad about your life. It's not to sit there []ing analyzing beer. It's antithetical.

As seen on Twitter, @Loddonbrewery

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I read somewhere that, based on some drinking on the show, you were getting flamed online from beer snobs. Does that happen often?

Bourdain: A lot. I would say that the angriest critiques I get from people about shows are when I'm drinking whatever convenient cold beer is available in a particular place, and not drinking the best beer out there. You know, I haven't made the effort to walk down the street 10 blocks to the microbrewery where they're making some []ing Mumford and Sons IPA. People get all bent about it. But look, I like cold beer. And I like to have a good time. I don't like to talk about beer, honestly. I don't like to talk about wine. I like to drink beer. If you bring me a really good one, a good craft beer, I will enjoy it, and say so. But I'm not gonna analyze it.

I was in San Francisco. And I was desperate for a beer, and I walked into this place. I thought it was an old bar. And I sat down, and I looked up, and I noticed there was a wide selection of beers I'd never heard of. Which is fine. Ok, I'm in sort of brewpub. What's good? But I looked around: the entire place was filled with people sitting there with five small glasses in front of them, filled with different beers, taking notes. This is not a bar. This is []ing Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This is wrong, This is not what a bar is about. A bar is to go to get a little bit buzzed, and pleasantly derange the senses, and have a good time, and interact with other people, or make bad decisions, or feel bad about your life. It's not to sit there []ing analyzing beer. It's antithetical.

Tony & I gonna hafta agree to disagree on that one.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Cool. Should be down for the football game the 22nd.
    The cooler will be filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post

Somebody's gotta do it. We'll be those folks.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Found him:

250px-Malice_in_the_Palace.JPG

Ooops, sorry, they said Hemp.

Rev Pils-Revolution Brewing

Drink local!

Twelve ounce can stolen from the Chicago devildeac delivery service to accompany a slice of Chicago pizza late last PM.

Pour was a light straw-yellow with a small foamy head. Floral nose with a bit of grain. Tastes of lightly toasted bread, some light brown sugar and flowers. IBUs of 45, somewhat higher than expected/standard, with ABV of 5.5%. The pizza flavors won but this was a solid pilsner that would be fine with burgers, brats or some grilled, lightly spiced chicken.

Outlaw-Two Brothers Artisan Brewing

More local!

Mosaic IPA.

A shared 12 ounce can legitimately purchased and shared with our younger daughter and her husband last PM.

Yellow-amber color with a small, foamy head. Strong citrus nose and equally strong grapefruit juicy tastes, accompanied by some orange and rind. There's some light honey present, too, but not added. IBUs at 61.2 (I don't invent this stuff-it's on the can) with the ABV at 6.3%, both fairly standard for the style. Was a very good IPA that would pair nicely with a mildly spicy dishes. There are several of these coming home from Chicago...

Mr. Mean (draft)-Warped Wing Brewing Company

New zip code, but still drinking local!

Half a 10 ounce snifter, shared with our son.

Pour was a clear, gold-bronze with a small head. Both citrus and pine aromas with grapefruit and resin flavors. Appearance and tastes reminded me of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Paired nicely with his salmon BLT and my spinach salad with a grilled chicken breast. IBUs listed on their website at 96 () which I'd have never guessed. They list the ABV at 9.7% and the restaurant claimed 9%.