Page 791 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 29169174178178979079179279380184189112911791 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,820 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'll be looking forward to the bomber Tripping William exchanged with me for a couple Torn Paper Leaves. And cash. No "draft" picks.
    Nor players to be named later.

D&B is an excellent beer, and especially on draft.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

OK, so I'll try to get

the owner of Lonerider Brewing to join this forum. I spent part of the weekend with him and he's interested in our thoughts. At least, I think he is. We were guests at my buddy's Lake Gaston lake house Fri night into today. We played Texas hold'em last night. He was victorious and I sucked. I had many beers thanks to him this weekend, their pils and also Sweet Josie brown. Only detriment....he's a kerlina fan;(

Always great to catch up with devildeac.

Have enough great beer cooling in the fridge to last at least a month

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    the owner of Lonerider Brewing to join this forum. I spent part of the weekend with him and he's interested in our thoughts. At least, I think he is. We were guests at my buddy's Lake Gaston lake house Fri night into today. We played Texas hold'em last night. He was victorious and I sucked. I had many beers thanks to him this weekend, their pils and also Sweet Josie brown. Only detriment...he's a kerlina fan;(
    Former Cisco guys founded Lonerider.
    Be interested to see if they join in the dialog here.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    the owner of Lonerider Brewing to join this forum. I spent part of the weekend with him and he's interested in our thoughts. At least, I think he is. We were guests at my buddy's Lake Gaston lake house Fri night into today. We played Texas hold'em last night. He was victorious and I sucked. I had many beers thanks to him this weekend, their pils and also Sweet Josie brown. Only detriment...he's a kerlina fan;(
    If you catch up with him again, try and talk him into some "brewery only" crowlers/growlers. Their general releases are good but we really enjoyed several drafts at the brewery back in March to celebrate our older son-in-law's birthday on St Patrick's Day.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Always great to catch up with devildeac.

Have enough great beer cooling in the fridge to last at least a month
    Always a fun evening/meet-up.

I'll "replenish" your "limited supply" in about mid-June after we return from a Chicago trip with a sidebar to Kenosha.

Big S.I.P.A. (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works.

Half pint pour for $3 with the esteemed fuse this evening reviewed without notes.

Sour
    India
    Pale
    Ale

Yes, indeed, a contrast in styles. Pour was a light yellow with a small head. Smelled like pineapple-grapefruit lemonade. First taste was homemade lemonade with a generous mix of Dole pineapple-grapefruit juice. Maybe what a Juicyfruit radler would taste like. Very mildly astringent/sour with quite pleasant tropical nuances. No IBUs listed but I'll guess 40-50 and the ABV was 6.2%. Would pair well with a sweet and sour entree or some fruity salsa/queso.

Queen Bee (draft)-Gizmo Brew Works

An imperial honey wh*at beer that really would/should be called a wh*at wine but you know how some of us try to stay gluten-free here .

This was $6 for a snifter, guessing about 12 ounces. Pour was a cloudy orange-yellow with a small, creamy head. Nose of orange, honey and lightly toasted grain. Tastes of the same with a bit of light brown sugar, banana and cloves and mildly cloying. This is the "grown-up" version of Beekeeper, pone of their year round offerings that is a honey wh*at ale. I'll estimate 20 IBUs here and the ABV was 9% and after the S.I.P.A, this and a couple little tastes from fuse's flight, I realized I had sampled enough for the evening.

I'll wait on fuse to review (hopefully) some of his flight items from Gizmo, especially the Fake News, which I think Tripping William has posted about recently.

From 9/13/17:

Fat Tire Special Release Belgian White-New Belgium Brewing Company

This ain't your uncle's Fat Tire. In fact, it's not even one of the Fat Tire variants that NB released last year. It's a new brew that replaces a couple they discontinued earlier this year or last year. So, why call it Fat Tire?

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a pint glass with a cloudy, straw color and a fizzy head that surprising lingered for a while. Smells like a Belgian white. Tastes like a Belgian white with the requisite orange juice and peel (added) flavors and a bit of spice from the ground coriander. Minimal bitterness with IBUs at 12 and, amazingly, the same ABV (IIRC) of Fat Tire at 5.2%. Another refreshing brew on a warm, late summer evening that was a trader from August West last Saturday. Thanks!
    From last PM:

Fat Tire Special Release Belgian White-New Belgium Brewing Company

Always interesting to learn what's in other people's glasses and this was a trader from fuse last PM before our Gizmo Brew Works meet up. Thanks!

The description above remains appropriate and enjoyable and, with a "best by" date of 4/28/18 on the label, it still tasted fresh and looks like it was not a NB "special release/one-off" last fall.

I'll wait on fuse to review (hopefully) some of his flight items from Gizmo, especially the Fake News, which I think Tripping William has posted about recently.
    Yes. Lots of Fake News lately. The label is hilarious. And the beer is quite good.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Yes. Lots of Fake News lately. The label is hilarious. And the beer is quite good.
    (Fuse was kind enough to share a few sips from his 6 beer flight and this was one of them. I won't spoil his review but I agree with you about Fake News, a rather delicious NE IPA.)

No ego on that front here. Relying on my memory:

Damn Right Pineapple Milkshake IPA.

Name says it all. Really tasty. Still getting used to non-hefe hazy beer.

Gear of Fortune (tm)
    In my head, what Gizmo ought to call their flight tray.

Beekeeper - a refreshing honey wheat ale, easy sipper. Fun to compare and contrast with Queen Bee. Too much of the higher octane beer will sting you.

Skimboard saison and Deep Blue Blueberry saison. Another fun compare and contrast. Skimboard was dry and true to style. Deep Blue is one of the very few blueberry beers I’ve had that I have enjoyed. A risk worth taking for a beer that tasted like Boo Berry cereal (a plus in my book).

Gizmo Gose Wild Strawberry Gose- not quite the Frankenberry to Deep Blue’s Boo Berry. Sweet, tangy and perhaps not displaying the salty characteristic goses are known to have.

Fake News NEIPA - just like I used to enjoy Frankenberry and Boo Berry cereals, I also used to chew Juicy Fruit gum. The nose was fresh and sweet, and the fruitiness just bursts onto your palate.

Hard to say which was my favorite of the evening.
    I have a new appreciation for Gizmo beers, which prior to last night would have been passing over for other breweries.

Bee aware (groan) that Gizmo is nestled at the very back of an industrial park near Ulmstead Park and Angus Barn off highway 70. The taproom is quite nice and the outdoor seating looked pretty spacious also.

Gear of Fortune (tm)

Beekeeper - a refreshing honey wheat ale, easy sipper. Fun to compare and contrast with Queen Bee. Too much of the higher octane beer will sting you.

Skimboard saison and Deep Blue Blueberry saison. Another fun compare and contrast. Skimboard was dry and true to style. Deep Blue is one of the very few blueberry beers I’ve had that I have enjoyed. A risk worth taking for a beer that tasted like Boo Berry cereal (a plus in my book).

Gizmo Gose Wild Strawberry Gose- not quite the Frankenberry to Deep Blue’s Boo Berry. Sweet, tangy and perhaps not displaying the salty characteristic goses are known to have.

Fake News NEIPA - just like I used to enjoy Frankenberry and Boo Berry cereals, I also used to chew Juicy Fruit gum. The nose was fresh and sweet, and the fruitiness just bursts onto your palate.

I have a new appreciation for Gizmo beers, which prior to last night would have been passing over for other breweries.

Bee aware (groan) that Gizmo is nestled at the very back of an industrial park near Ulmstead Park and Angus Barn off highway 70. The taproom is quite nice and the outdoor seating looked pretty spacious also.
    Whoa, wait a minute there, fella. What'd you say about punny guys a few posts ago?

Nice write up.

Whoa, wait a minute there, fella. What'd you say about punny guys a few posts ago?

Nice write up.
    Yeah, that was one of those posts that was only funny in my head that didn’t translate well, and I did not delete it in time. Silly me.

Yeah, that was one of those posts that was only funny in my head that didn’t translate well, and I did not delete it in time. Silly me.
    Not a problem at all. We have our punsters and non-punsters all over the board in multiple threads so I actually found it rather amusing.

Thanks for sharing your Deep Blue blueberry saison and your Gizmo Goes Wild strawberry gose last PM. Both were refreshingly good.

Gear of Fortune (tm)

Mildly interesting story. Our younger daughter and her boyfriend (now husband) went looking for this joint with another couple or two when it was Roth Brewing as they had a gift card several years ago for a tour/tasting and abandoned their search out of fear/safety when they got near the back of the unlighted industrial park sometime well after sunset during the winter months.

Mattman apparently taking one (or two) for the team today at Burial. Film/posts at 11?

Rhinegheist Sabre Tooth Tiger IIPA

Nose is orange and lemon, with a whiff of dank pine lurking underneath.

Initially bitter up front, which mellows to a biscuity sweetness and lightens into a citrus finish.

A really easy to drink IIPA, unusually light in flavours and no hammer to the head alcohol wallop.

Highly recommended by devildeac, and I’d agree.

Stylistically, feels like Sabre Tooth Tiger successfully straddles the delicacy of a true english style pale ale, some of the fruitiness of the New England IPA style with an alcohol percentage and IBU count to rival any imperial IPA.

A unique beer, quite enjoyable.

Cheers!

Rhinegheist Sabre Tooth Tiger IIPA

Nose is orange and lemon, with a whiff of dank pine lurking underneath.

Initially bitter up front, which mellows to a biscuity sweetness and lightens into a citrus finish.

A really easy to drink IIPA, unusually light in flavours and no hammer to the head alcohol wallop.

Highly recommended by devildeac, and I’d agree.

Stylistically, feels like Sabre Tooth Tiger successfully straddles the delicacy of a true english style pale ale, some of the fruitiness of the New England IPA style with an alcohol percentage and IBU count to rival any imperial IPA.

A unique beer, quite enjoyable.

Cheers!
    Good decision to enjoy that one fresh as I think the date on the bottom of that can was mid/late April. The other Rheingeist brews you got are October/November/December dating, IIRC. I'll look for Creeper from Columbus Brewing Company when we visit our son and his wife in a couple weeks. It's a seasonal but not sure which season. Supposed to be better than Bodhi.