Page 753 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 25365370374375175275375475576380385312531753 ... LastLast
Results 15,041 to 15,060 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ya think?

Those numbers make more sense for the IIPA/DIPA style.
    You can bet I'll be re-checking the info on the can. Maybe even at halftime tonight.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

If other Ardent Brewing products are as good as their BBA Honey Ginger beer, they have an excellent line up.

Thanks to accfansince1970 for this one. More tomorrow.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You can bet I'll be re-checking the info on the can. Maybe even at halftime tonight.
    Well...

Well...
    Can says 9%. Dunno where I got the other number from. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Ardent

If other Ardent Brewing products are as good as their BBA Honey Ginger beer, they have an excellent line up.

Thanks to accfansince1970 for this one. More tomorrow.
    Glad you liked it! My 2nd favorite local brewery, to Hardywood. And the barrel aged honey ginger my 2nd favorite beer to the Hardywood bourbon barrel cru. Ardent has the honey ginger year round - not barrel aged, still very good. A very interesting saison - sweet potato and sage. They have a dark rye bouron barrel aged stout, and I am saving a brandy barrel aged dark rye for the next tail gating extravaganza!

Can says 9%. Dunno where I got the other number from. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
    Just as long as you don't lose your tastes for fine ales.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Glad you liked it! My 2nd favorite local brewery, to Hardywood. And the barrel aged honey ginger my 2nd favorite beer to the Hardywood bourbon barrel cru. Ardent has the honey ginger year round - not barrel aged, still very good. A very interesting saison - sweet potato and sage. They have a dark rye bouron barrel aged stout, and I am saving a brandy barrel aged dark rye for the next tail gating extravaganza!

Yes, please!

Yes, please, may I have another:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ana/ar-BBJbcHx

If they triple their size, will we have to call them Nine Floyds now?

This no beer during the week idea really sucks. It is also hurting my ymm, beer post count

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    This no beer during the week idea really sucks. It is also hurting my ymm, beer post count
    Gives Tripping William a better opportunity to catch you.

I'd been wondering what happened to you. And the Fitness Thread discussion should have you considering whether you ever want any more beer calories . Well, maybe not quite that extreme.

The collab with Mikkeller has felt like more of a novelty so far (to me at least). Lazurite is solid, but unremarkable. Salmon Pants is too light for my tastes. Foggy Geezer is the best of the three, but still too dank for my liking... My Tommy Chong uncle loves it though

Assuming the expansion plans are approved and completed on time, we'll have to meet up in 2020 when you make the trek/pilgrimage.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    The collab with Mikkeller has felt like more of a novelty so far (to me at least). Lazurite is solid, but unremarkable. Salmon Pants is too light for my tastes. Foggy Geezer is the best of the three, but still too dank for my liking... My Tommy Chong uncle loves it though

Assuming the expansion plans are approved and completed on time, we'll have to meet up in 2020 when you make the trek/pilgrimage.
    We have a plane trip planned to Chicago next month for a chorale concert, a (likely) car trip planned in June for a niece's graduation and we will be drive to Chicago in September for the Duke-Northwestern FB game. I also have a "lookout" for Dark Lord Day tickets. Any year. Should be able to arrange something sooner .

Avery Liliko'i Kepolo Passionfruit White Ale

Gives Tripping William a better opportunity to catch you.
    Well, with an opening like that . . . . . . .

I have no idea how to pronounce Liliko'i Kepolo, so I just asked for the "Avery passionfruit one" while ordering a draft pint of this beer. I wish circumstances were such that I could have ordered a second one, because this was a delicious Belgian white ale. Poured a cloudy gold color, with a thick white head. Nice spices, and the passionfruit notes were really, really nice. Very juicy on the finish. Checks in at 5.4% ABV (I dubbel, trippel, and quadruppel checked that!), and I would put IBUs in the low 20s. I don't often go with the Colorado beer, but I was glad I did it this time.

Well, with an opening like that . . . . . . .

I have no idea how to pronounce Liliko'i Kepolo, so I just asked for the "Avery passionfruit one" while ordering a draft pint of this beer. I wish circumstances were such that I could have ordered a second one, because this was a delicious Belgian white ale. Poured a cloudy gold color, with a thick white head. Nice spices, and the passionfruit notes were really, really nice. Very juicy on the finish. Checks in at 5.4% ABV (I dubbel, trippel, and quadruppel checked that!), and I would put IBUs in the low 20s. I don't often go with the Colorado beer, but I was glad I did it this time.
    Sounds like a wonderful Friday afternoon beer. I had a Nugget Nectar when I got home (previously reviewed) and dozed off for an hour (intentional-mostly )

Dubbel/tripel/quadruppel checking, eh? I see what you did there.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2017)-Ardent Craft Ales

World class beer. (Can I stop my review there? )

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!)

Normally, I'd cellar a beer like this for 6-12 months or more given its characteristics and expectations, but somehow, this one beckoned me on Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I divided this 750 ml capped bottle.

Poured into Gouden Carolus and Allagash tulips, the color was gold with a modest fizzy and foamy head. As anticipated, aromas were ginger, honey/light brown sugar and bourbon. Tasted like a classic bourbon and ginger ale cocktail with a tad more sweetness from the honey-ish finish. Amazingly smooth at only 18 IBUs with the ginger providing a bit of a warming bite. ABV was a dangerous 11.5% as it was seductively smooth and easy sipping and could have been consumed in one sitting. Or shared (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless). Cost? I got this and two Hardywood GBS variants for $25, almost unheard of pricing for beers of this quality.

Thank you again!

Raspberry Tart from New Glarus is just as delicious (in champagne flutes as a shared dessert last PM with Mrs. dd) from a new format 12 ounce bottle as it was from a 750 ml bottle. Carry on.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Honey Ginger (brewed on December 8, 2

Delivery source: accfanfrom1970 (Thank you, thank you, thank you (hint to accfanfrom1970: we'd gladly welcome one or more of these to a tailgate this fall if you and your wife are able to attend again-yes, I'm shameless).

Thank you again!
    I have one bba honey ginger and the brandy barrel aged dark rye set aside for football next year, both from Ardent. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I have one bba honey ginger and the brandy barrel aged dark rye set aside for football next year, both from Ardent. Looking forward to it!
    There will be 2 special places reserved at our tasting table any time you and your wife wish to attend.

Scotch ale with ribs, asparagus and wild rice. Mrs. dd with the fine comestibles and guess who with the liquid commodity.