Page 700 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 20060065069069869970070170271075080012001700 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 14,000 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We need a party line.

Er, or whatever kids these days use.
    Party line? No thanks, I just stick to beer. No booger sugar for me

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Party line? No thanks, I just stick to beer. No booger sugar for me
    Well played.

Also, LOL @ "booger"

Isn't it time for wet hop ales?

Yep, Dirty Bastard(s).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    After further review, I don't believe there's enough beer in the US, Canada, Belgium and Germany to take of this disaster.
    Agree, regrettably, I'm finished with a Samuel Smith's India Ale as a starter, with a four-pack of Appalachian Mountain Brewery Long Leaf IPA as a 'chaser'.
    Sweet Jesus, what a horrible Friday the 13th. Thought it would be way, way better than this; worse than the day the 1st ANOA came out.
    Maybe a class action lawsuit on behalf of all graduates of REAL colleges in North Carolina against the institution masquerading as a university for all our back tax money is in order. An insult to all NC residents.
    we need to discuss this over ales soon.
    Stuart

Isn't it time for wet hop ales?
    Apparently so.

Just picked up a 6er of SN Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop IPA

Great night at Brueprint.

BA Edinbrue, awesome.

Double Dribbue, also excellent ( what a nose!)

BA dubbel, over the top.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Agree, regrettably, I'm finished with a Samuel Smith's India Ale as a starter, with a four-pack of Appalachian Mountain Brewery Long Leaf IPA as a 'chaser'.
    Sweet Jesus, what a horrible Friday the 13th. Thought it would be way, way better than this; worse than the day the 1st ANOA came out.
    Maybe a class action lawsuit on behalf of all graduates of REAL colleges in North Carolina against the institution masquerading as a university for all our back tax money is in order. An insult to all NC residents.
    we need to discuss this over ales soon.
    Stuart

Date?
    Place?
    Time?

I'm in.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

After >24 hours off-line due to internet/router/modem issues/trouble-shooting, I'm back...

Look out tomorrow. (Well, I just noticed the time, so make that later today .)

Charlotte area late beer tour.

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Clown - great name.

New England Style IPA. Still not sure what the hype with this style is about. Not a fan. Their other offerings we're nice. Tried a blueberry Porter and another IPA. Both nice.
    AC is a cool spot with very good beers. Buried In an inconspicuous industrial park in Cornelius. An excellent Koelsch and a very good cherry sour.

Also in that general vicinity (Lake Norman), Primal (Cornelius) and D9 (Huntersville) are both very good. Bayne is mediocre. Didn't go to brand new spot, Eleven Lakes.

Stone IPA-Stone Brewing

From the "painted" label: "The IPA That Launched Generations of Hop Fanatics"

I know I've tasted this but couldn't find a review anywhere so it may well be >10 years since my last sipping of this classic IPA.

And, a tip of the pint glass to Bob Green who delivered this to tailgate yesterday, trading one and sharing another with the tasters. Thanks!

Pour was a straw-yellow with a moderate, foamy head. Pretty pleasant combination of aromas, including citrus, tropical and piney scents. Tastes a bit more specific with grapefruit, mango, stone fruits (did I really type that?) and some resins, blending with some caramel and lightly toasted grains for a smooth but still only mildly bitter finish. IBUs stated at 71 and ABV of 6.9% so a nice "wake-up" ale.

From 1/20/17:

Wig Splitter-3 Floyds Brewing

Needs more cream and sugar.

I'm surprised it took me this long to sample this oatmeal coffee stout after fuse labeled it "best of show" from his Naughty or Nice party last month but there are a lot of brews in my storage area . Pour from a bomber, divided over 2 nights, was a moderately thick, dark brown with a small, mocha head. Strong aromas of cold press, dark roast coffee greeted me from my pint glass each evening and they were followed by rich, strong espresso tastes and some semi-sweet chocolate. Coffee + heavily roasted malts of a stout= moderate bitterness, balanced by the soothing, silky mouthfeel from the oatmeal. I'll guess 50 IBUs here and the ABV is 7.7% so this is sitting on the edge of an imperial stout. After dinner drink/dessert style beer, perhaps accompanied by a couple chocolate chunk cookies or double chocolate brownie. Still wondering what mattman thought of this...

Attachment 7091
    From yesterday:

Wig Splitter- Three Floyds Brewing

Worth repeating.

Thanks to devildeac for his contribution here (). A bomber shared four ways.

Pretty similar to my thoughts almost nine months ago. Made a wonderful pairing with apple strudel, a gooey pecan sticky roll, a sausage and vegetable quiche and some roasted potatoes, peppers and onions from our delightful and lovely chefs yesterday AM.

From 12/19/15:

Santa might make two stops at your abode if you leave him one of these:

Attachment 5799

More later.
    Milk and Cookies (draft)-Wicked Weed Brewing

Yesterday after work I had a 16 ounce serving of liquid oatmeal raisin chocolate chocolate chip cookies, no nuts. Bottle Revolution sold out of 10 cases of this in a couple days earlier this week. I can see/taste why. Pour was almost black with a small, tan, creamy head. Imagine the smell in the kitchen after Mom and/or Grandma finished baking this type of cookie and you've got the aromas and tastes to match. There are subtle spice hints of cinnamon and vanilla along with dark, dried fruit flavors, too. Or, imagine eating the cookies and washing them down with a dark chocolate malted. Technically, it's an imperial milk stout and I'll guess about 40 IBUs and the ABV is 8.5%, so if you left a 500 ml bottle for your favorite North Pole delivery fellow, it'd best come with a "Do Not Open Until After Christmas" warning, or, Rudolph will be guiding the sleigh home as Santa will be too Blitzen-ed to pilot the ship.
    From yesterday AM:

Milk and Cookies (bottle dated 11/14/15)-InBev (fka Wicked Weed Brewing)

Many, many thanks to August West for climbing over heaps of bottles, cans and other cellar and beer fridge contents and bringing this to tailgate yesterday AM.

He was quick to point out that he purchased his 500 ml bottle well before the buy-out date occurred so he's forgiven .

I think the fresh draft was better but the almost two year old bottled version was pretty damned good, too. I can't add anything to my review above so you'll just have to re-read it and savor from afar.

From 5/20/17:

Bourbon County Stout (2015)-Goose Island Brewing

I actually bought this 500 ml bottle myself in November, 2015, even though GI had sold out to AB about 4 years earlier. A local store had a beer lottery and Mrs. dd, our younger daughter and I each had tickets but only their names were called so I got 2 bottles, one of which went to fuse as a return favor for his 2013 purchase. I think this was $16 for the 16.9 ounce bottle but included a gorgeous Goose Island snifter.

Pour was a bit thinner than the 2013 and had the same basic brief wisp of a head. Very similar nose but a bit thinner on the palate and a tad less smooth but still somewhat viscous and slightly more "rough." Same tastes of dark/unsweetened chocolate, charred wood, some vanilla, burnt caramel and dried fruits, along with a warming, booze-y finish. I'll guess the same IBU range with the ABV a bit lower at "only" 14.3%. Our 4 ounce portions were sipped slowly so I have about 8 ounces remaining for personal consumption this evening. Made a nice pairing with a slice of homemade lemon-vanilla pound cake (not low fat/calorie).

Little if any BCS made it to NC for 2016 as they apparently had to dump a bunch due to contamination, much as DFH did several years ago with about $250K worth of 120 Minute IPA.

Truly a sipping, celebration beverage.
    From yesterday AM at tailgate:

Bourbon County Stout (11/4/15 stamped on bottle label)-InBev (fka Goose Island Brewing)

Sincere and deep appreciation to August West again for sharing this 500 ml bottle among the four tasters.

Thick, black pour with minimal head. Dark chocolate and booze are the first olfactory perceptions, followed by almost chewy, dark caramel, more chocolate, wood, vanilla and more bourbon. I'll guess 40-50 IBUs. The ABV on the label was 13.8%, IIRC, so I have no clue where the idiot above got that 14.3% ABV. This made two of us liken this to some dark chocolate, fudge espresso cups one of our chefs occasionally prepares for a cool, fall tailgate. Yes, this beer and his dessert are that good. I'd even pair them or, of course, sip the Bourbon County Stout as a truly decadent liquid/beer dessert.

From last last PM:

Aunt Sally-Lagunitas (cough, Heineken, cough) Brewing

Thanks to CameronBornAndBred for gifting this yesterday! It won't be a gift after the Pitt game when I return the favor with one of my recent purchases .

Here's the Lagunitas description:

"We soured the wort on the Hot Side with Lactobacillus for a few days and then brewed up this smooth and hoppy sour. It tastes like a big bowl of fruity candy or some chewable flavored vitamins, but what's the difference? It's sweet, tart, and sassy, just like the tasty cherry pie that your favorite aunt makes. For all the Aunt Sally's out there, You know who you are..."

Here's what I thought/tasted:

Pour was a pale straw color with saison-like aromas of pears, apples and some funk. Head was small, short-lived and fizzy. Tastes were somewhat like mentioned above but I thought most of the fruity candy was Warheads and Sour Patch Kids with apples, oranges, pears, grapefruit and, for a bit of sweetness, some pineapple. I didn't get any cherry flavors. IBUs are 33 and the ABV was 5.7%. Pairing? Maybe some sweet and sour shrimp or chicken. I really enjoyed tasting this and wouldn't hesitate savoring another 12 ounces.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Date?
    Place?
    Time?

I'm in.
    Yes; DD, I'll get up with you to see if we can do our own emergency podcast before November (my call schedule gets crazy then!).
    What are your openings over the next 2 weekends?
    SMc

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Yes; DD, I'll get up with you to see if we can do our own emergency podcast before November (my call schedule gets crazy then!).
    What are your openings over the next 2 weekends?
    SMc
    We've got activities/events/date nights scheduled Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this weekend and will be at the NC coast the last weekend of the month. You are warmly invited (strongly encouraged) to join us on Devil's Alley Saturday AM for the Pitt tailgate and, of course, sit with us in Section 19 for the game to follow. And yes, there will be a generous amount of Ymm, Beer available so I can keep this post on topic. PM or text me for details.

I guess I needed a good laugh today.

The craft beer alliance (?) is trying to crowdsource $213 billion to buy AB InBev.

Bwahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha ....

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I guess I needed a good laugh today.

The craft beer alliance (?) is trying to crowdsource $213 billion to buy AB InBev.

Bwahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha ...

That's highly amusing.

Palm Springs Beer?

I'm traveling to Palm Springs tomorrow, for the remainder of the week. Any sense of the local beer scene there?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."