Page 671 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 17157162166166967067167267368172177111711671 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,420 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

You called?

From 4/17/17:

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ripper-Stone Brewing

The final 12 ounce can-tainer in my April beer club 4 pack.

Poured into a pint glass with a wee bit cloudy, orange-yellow hue and a moderate, foamy head. Mildly pungent nose of grapefruit with some stone fruits and some grapefruit on the palate. Stone call this a San Diego pale ale and it inches fairly close to the IPA border but doesn't quite enter with IBUs of 40, a bit lower than my own personal hop-o-meter perceived, and an ABV of 5.7%. I believe I'd pair this with some mildly spicy Asian entrees. Enjoyable/glad to have tried/worth a single or draft but won't purchase a 6er.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Anyone tried Stone Ripper yet?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I thought Ingles had a great selection. Either you or ricks68 sent me a photo once of an entire wall of refrigerated beer from an Ingles.
    Most of them do. I actually just got back home from Ingles thanks to a 9pm Two Hearted Ale craving.

We could still use a nice dedicated store for specialty releases and some other hard to find selections. I've never seen cans of Burial anywhere other than a beer store.

You called?

From 4/17/17:

Glad I stuck with the Two Hearted

Most of them do. I actually just got back home from Ingles thanks to a 9pm Two Hearted Ale craving.

We could still use a nice dedicated store for specialty releases and some other hard to find selections. I've never seen cans of Burial anywhere other than a beer store.
    Sounds like a nice, new investment/undertaking/calling for you...

Does Burial sell their cans/bottles from their brewery/restaurant?

Glad I stuck with the Two Hearted
    Always a safe/wise choice.

Sounds like a nice, new investment/undertaking/calling for you...

Does Burial sell their cans/bottles from their brewery/restaurant?
    If only I had the money...

Yes, Burial sells cans from their brewery. I don't get out that way as much as I would like to.

If only I had the money...

Yes, Burial sells cans from their brewery. I don't get out that way as much as I would like to.
    I gotta check that out next time I'm up there. I paid 12.50 for a 4-pack (16 oz'ers) in Durham the other day. It was worth it but I wonder if it's way cheaper at the source?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I gotta check that out next time I'm up there. I paid 12.50 for a 4-pack (16 oz'ers) in Durham the other day. It was worth it but I wonder if it's way cheaper at the source?
    I think I saw a 4 pack of Bolo 16 ounce cans for $11 last week at Bottle Mixx in Raleigh. I've seen breweries swing both ways on the pricing. New Glarus is $2-3 more for their 4 packs/6ers/750 ml bottles at the brewery than at their loyal retailers who they don't want to undercut. Three Floyds has been the opposite. I haven't shopped at enough Raleigh breweries to be able to compare the "in-house" versus "retail" pricing. IIRC, NoDa is a bit cheaper at the brewery than in Raleigh, but, they don't distribute to the Triangle so the only way we see NoDa brews is if the bottle shop owner drives to Charlotte to purchase them.

Fun new game, see if you can spot the (nondisclosed) AB InBev brewery in this article. No cheating! (And for the record, I did know.)

https://www.mrporter.com/daily/the-f...right-now/2453

It gets better. The article was written by someone who is an editor for Beer Necessities, a magaine owned by the high end AB inBev group. Double nondisclosure doubly dishonourable.
    Last edited by fuse; 08-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Fun new game, see if you can spot the (nondisclosed) AB InBev brewery in this article. No cheating! (And for the record, I did know.)

It gets better. The article was written by someone who is an editor for Beer Necessities, a magaine owned by the high end AB inBev group. Double nondisclosure doubly dishonourable.
    I don't know which one is the InBev brewery. At least I recognized Troegs and had heard of Creature Comforts from someone who has posted here.

Surprised the author didn't choose a couple more AB-owned breweries.

I knew it! Only because of the town it's from. I remember reading about it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...nd-ranked.html

Had high hopes I would have had more than the handful I've tried on this list.

devildeac, looks like Wooden Robot (Charlotte) may be available at Peabodys this week...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...nd-ranked.html

Had high hopes I would have had more than the handful I've tried on this list.
    I think I've had 8 or 9 from the list. Not sure whether to or .

Keep sipping!

devildeac, looks like Wooden Robot (Charlotte) may be available at Peabodys this week...
    Once again, I'll trust your judgment. Anyone who'll trade his firstborn and most of his worldly possessions for a cargo area full of beer is in my book.

Dogfish Head tasting at Bottle Revolution-Raleigh tomorrow night. I'll be curious to see what samples they pour and what, if any, special keg they'll tap. And yes, I will ask the rep if he has any special connections for obtaining/trading the new version of World Wide Stout without driving to the brewery to purchase.

Always learning. Never thought about where kegs and fermenters are made:

http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2017...tor-in-chinese

Dogfish Head tasting at Bottle Revolution-Raleigh tomorrow night. I'll be curious to see what samples they pour and what, if any, special keg they'll tap. And yes, I will ask the rep if he has any special connections for obtaining/trading the new version of World Wide Stout without driving to the brewery to purchase.
    A bar in Orlando with a great beer selection, The Thirsty Topher, posted pics that they had bottles of Oak-aged Vanilla WWS last week. So it is slowly emanating forth from Delaware. However, nothing beats going straight to the source.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Dogfish Head regional sales manager told me this tonight at a tasting he was conducting at Bottle Revolution:

https://www.millercoors.com/News-Cen...enth-and-blake

I guess I had missed or had forgotten this info.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    A bar in Orlando with a great beer selection, The Thirsty Topher, posted pics that they had bottles of Oak-aged Vanilla WWS last week. So it is slowly emanating forth from Delaware. However, nothing beats going straight to the source.
    Dogfish Head regional sales manager (for NC and SC) has contacted his Virginia counterpart about this topic for me. Stay tuned.