Page 646 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 14654659663664464564664764865669674611461646 ... LastLast
Results 12,901 to 12,920 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    If we hadn't had the kids with us we would have gotten off the Biltmore property for an evening at Wicked Weed. Beer probably would have been better.

We did do a wine tasting, though, and Biltmore's wines are better than I remembered. I had a tempranillo which was very bold and flavorful.
    Were you aware Wicked Weed sold out to InBev a couple months ago? They had to cancel their Sour Festival as about 90% of the participants bailed on them as they were no longer a "craft" beer. It'd be interesting to read what our Ashevillians might post to see if the locals have decreased their visits to the WW locations.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Kindred Spirits strawberry milkshake beer?

https://untappd.com/b/kindred-spirit...kshake/1991221

I may visit today or tomorrow and get a growler for transport.
    Let us know what you think. I've tasted one "milkshake" IPA but can't recall the brewer and I believe fuse reported on one, too.

Went to Biltmore with the family this weekend. At the Stable Café I saw they had Biltmore Brewery beers - a pale ale and a brown ale. Hey, sure, why not? Lets give it a try. I ordered the Pale Ale. Nice safe bet.

It tasted like someone had poured a Miller Lite into the glass.

Obviously, I recommend NOT bothering with Biltmore Brewery beers.
    The good news is, the beer probably only cost you about $12.

Wish you had contacted the board, I would have referred you to a half dozen pale ales that aren't Biltmore or Wicked Weed! Would probably have joined you for a pint, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Wish you had contacted the board, I would have referred you to a half dozen pale ales that aren't Biltmore or Wicked Weed! Would probably have joined you for a pint, as well.
    $7. Just $6.99 more than it merited.

Mea culpa! Next time we venture to Asheville I'll know who to hit up for advice!

In an attempt to make up for missed opportunities, Mrs. Davekay1971 and I will be enjoying date night at Cork and Cask in Cornelius, NC. Their tap list at the moment includes some IPAs (Troeg's Nimble Giant, Red Cyprus Let There be Hops, Dreamchaser's Yard Breather, and New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Passionfruit)...plus Deschutes Obsidian Nitro Stout, all of which I've never tried before. Food may be involved, too. And since tomorrow I'm on jury duty, I can have an extra one or three tonight, right?

$7. Just $6.99 more than it merited.

Mea culpa! Next time we venture to Asheville I'll know who to hit up for advice!

In an attempt to make up for missed opportunities, Mrs. Davekay1971 and I will be enjoying date night at Cork and Cask in Cornelius, NC. Their tap list at the moment includes some IPAs (Troeg's Nimble Giant, Red Cyprus Let There be Hops, Dreamchaser's Yard Breather, and New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Passionfruit)...plus Deschutes Obsidian Nitro Stout, all of which I've never tried before. Food may be involved, too. And since tomorrow I'm on jury duty, I can have an extra one or three tonight, right?
    Oooh, I'd like to hear about all of them. I've had the Deschutes stout before but I'll guess not in the last 15 years and never on nitro. Food is over-rated (not really, but what'd you expect from me ?).

hmmm

828 Pale Ale at Asheville Brewing is always nice.

Catawba's Mother Trucker is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Were you aware Wicked Weed sold out to InBev a couple months ago? They had to cancel their Sour Festival as about 90% of the participants bailed on them as they were no longer a "craft" beer. It'd be interesting to read what our Ashevillians might post to see if the locals have decreased their visits to the WW locations.
    I haven't touched a WW product since they sold out. I am, however, in the process of moving right down the street from their headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I haven't touched a WW product since they sold out. I am, however, in the process of moving right down the street from their headquarters.
    Welcome to town

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Wait, you're moving to Belgium?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

"Anheuser-Busch/InBev is a multinational beverage and brewing company with global headquarters in Leuven, Belgium."

Wait, you're moving to Belgium?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

"Anheuser-Busch/InBev is a multinational beverage and brewing company with global headquarters in Leuven, Belgium."

LOL

The Arden, NC headquarters.

Russian River has a hoppy session ale (Ron Mexico) indirectly named for a famous Hokie/Virginian. Suck it, B1G, ACC's reach is now from sea to shining sea. Not big on hoppy ales, but mild bitterness and alcohol content (4.5%) get it done.

I ended up trying Dreamchaser's Yard Breather and New Belgium Voodoo Ranger. Both were good, and I honestly couldn't see a whole lot of difference between them. Voodoo Ranger was probably a bit more flavorful, Yard Breather more living off the citrus of the hops. Both were really good, though. I had the Yard Breather with a charcuterie board which had plenty of flavor of its own, and the Voodoo Ranger with some shredded pork nachos, again a solid IPA with a dominant flavored food.

Staci (my lovely wife) had the Deschutes Nitro Stout. I took a sip of it. It was a nice, thick, full bodied stout with lots of flavor. Three winners tonight, paired with some above-bar-food quality fare. I've always liked Cork and Cask for that reason. They used to have two or three Evil Twin beers on draft any given night, and I miss those beers. Nowadays they seem to focus on more NC fare with a few out of state options as well. Can't complain. NC is a good state for local beer.

I ended up trying Dreamchaser's Yard Breather and New Belgium Voodoo Ranger. Both were good, and I honestly couldn't see a whole lot of difference between them. Voodoo Ranger was probably a bit more flavorful, Yard Breather more living off the citrus of the hops. Both were really good, though. I had the Yard Breather with a charcuterie board which had plenty of flavor of its own, and the Voodoo Ranger with some shredded pork nachos, again a solid IPA with a dominant flavored food.

Staci (my lovely wife) had the Deschutes Nitro Stout. I took a sip of it. It was a nice, thick, full bodied stout with lots of flavor. Three winners tonight, paired with some above-bar-food quality fare. I've always liked Cork and Cask for that reason. They used to have two or three Evil Twin beers on draft any given night, and I miss those beers. Nowadays they seem to focus on more NC fare with a few out of state options as well. Can't complain. NC is a good state for local beer.
    Great stuff. Thanks. One clarification: NC is a very, very good state for local beer. We might be #10 now in number of craft breweries in the nation with a reasonable chance to move up 2-3 places in the next several years.

West Coast-Style DIPA-Boneyard Beer and Sierra Nevada

Beer Camp Across the World 2017

This reminds me a bit of Heady Topper. Lots of citrus aromas and tastes with a resin-y, oily finish. Pour from a 16 ounce can was a yellow-gold with a moderate, foamy head. Grapefruit-y and tropical fruit tastes with a mild pine-y presence. IBUs of 65 (I'd have thought 75-85 range) and the ABV is 8.3%, both solidly in IIPA territory. Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe, Centennial and Cascade hops for bitterness/aroma and Two-row Pale, Pilsner, Munich, Acidulated and Flaked Barley round out the grain bill with Farm-distilled hop oil listed as "other." If I saw a 4 pack of 16 ounce cans of this in the fall or next year, I'd certainly purchase it.

Just purchased my ticket for the Indiana Microbrewers Festival

I have been hearing Deschutes is coming to Western NC any day now, but have not run across it yet. I have fine memories of Mirror Pond from my Seattle days.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Just purchased my ticket for the Indiana Microbrewers Festival
    Take good notes, especially for samples 11-40.

I have been hearing Deschutes is coming to Western NC any day now, but have not run across it yet. I have fine memories of Mirror Pond from my Seattle days.
    Saw a tap of Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA (never heard of this one but I don't get out much) about 2 weeks ago in Raleigh so I'll guess very soon in Asheville, especially after davekay's report of Obsidian Stout Nitro from the Charlotte area this week. Waiting for Tripping William to report sightings in the Triad area.

Saw a tap of Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA (never heard of this one but I don't get out much) about 2 weeks ago in Raleigh so I'll guess very soon in Asheville, especially after davekay's report of Obsidian Stout Nitro from the Charlotte area this week. Waiting for Tripping William to report sightings in the Triad area.
    I have seen a photo on Stella Brew's Instagram account that they had this one on their growler board on/about June 17th. Will continue to keep my eyes open . . . .
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    I have seen a photo on Stella Brew's Instagram account that they had this one on their growler board on/about June 17th. Will continue to keep my eyes open . . . .
    Would have been a great way to toast my birthday, along with another frequent Ymm, Beer patron...