Page 641 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 14154159163163964064164264365169174111411641 ... LastLast
Results 12,801 to 12,820 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hop Madness-Great Lakes Brewing Company

Best by 7/10/17 is tamped on the label, so Total Wine had a $2 off sticker on the 4 pack yesterday and, for about $7, I couldn't resist .

This is the third IIPA I've tasted from Great Lakes, and, not living in O-HI-O, I have no idea how many more they brew.

Pour from a 12 ounce bottle into a pint glass was yellow-orange with a modest, foamy head. Mixed tropical and citrus aromas with pineapple, grapefruit, orange and mango coating my palate. There's a hint of honey-like sweetness and perhaps a hint of pine. IBUs of 80 and ABV of 8%, so nicely balanced. This would be at home with a sweet and sour chicken or shrimp entree but would also hold it's own with some mildly hot and/or spicy dishes. Personally, I like Chill Wave and Lake Erie Monster better but could be swayed into a side-by-side tasting/comparison if invited .
    Great Lakes Brewing Company has a very cool set up in Cleveland. Great old bar (allegedly frequented by Elliot Ness), very good food, and a good mix of beers. Lots of German style beers (my favs) and a fair amount of hoppy IPAs. Need some Belgians.

Kyrie and Seth's brother's nemesis, Rock of Roll Hall of Fame, and GLBC are the three best things going in Cleveland.

New release from Hardywood - Mamaw's Mean Cobbler -
    a Belgian style triple ale with peaches and spices.
    It's the 2nd variation of their peach tripel. The other was a "peach cuvée" that was white wine barrel aged. It was okay,
    the wine barrel was very prominent, kind of a wine aftertaste I didn't care for.

This cobbler is very much like their peach tripel with some vanilla and cinnamon. Light, crisp, the cinnamon is the finish to me. Alcohol 8.2. It's light enough to be a summer beer. Pours a cloudy yellow, little foam head. Tasty, I will definitely buy more this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    Great Lakes Brewing Company has a very cool set up in Cleveland. Great old bar (allegedly frequented by Elliot Ness), very good food, and a good mix of beers. Lots of German style beers (my favs) and a fair amount of hoppy IPAs. Need some Belgians.

Kyrie and Seth's brother's nemesis, Rock of Roll Hall of Fame, and GLBC are the three best things going in Cleveland.
    We toured the brewery and ate at the restaurant several years ago after a thirst-provoking afternoon at the R&R HoF. Heartily agree! O-HI-O laws didn't/won't allow giving away free beer so we stopped at that giant, magnificent old bar on the second (?) floor about halfway through our tour and I had a 12 ounce, 25 cent (no typo) Doppelrock (?) as my initial thirst quencher. Great way to circumvent the law .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    New release from Hardywood - Mamaw's Mean Cobbler -
    a Belgian style triple ale with peaches and spices.
    It's the 2nd variation of their peach tripel. The other was a "peach cuvée" that was white wine barrel aged. It was okay,
    the wine barrel was very prominent, kind of a wine aftertaste I didn't care for.

This cobbler is very much like their peach tripel with some vanilla and cinnamon. Light, crisp, the cinnamon is the finish to me. Alcohol 8.2. It's light enough to be a summer beer. Pours a cloudy yellow, little foam head. Tasty, I will definitely buy more this summer.
    Can we talk you into a delivery to a tailgate this fall?

Can we talk you into a delivery to a tailgate this fall?
    devildeac beat me to it, so seconded.

Or perhaps do you ship?

From 4/30/12:

Two Hearted Ale (draft)-Bell's Brewing

It has been a while since I had one of these and I had forgotten how pleasant and well-balanced this IPA was from the light citrus and floral hop aromas and tastes to the nearly perfect balance with medium caramel and toffee flavors, too. Served in a voluptuous Sam Adams ale glass as the select brew of the evening, this yellow-orange ale accompanied a heaping plate of chicken nachos and was an ideal pairing with its modest spice and bitterness (even my daughter who is not much of a beer fan thought it only mildly bitter) with an estimated IBU of 60 and an ABV of 7%. I think it was a $3/pint special. I even thought about a second pint but declined so I was able to fully enjoy Brahms' Symphony No. 3 and Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 a bit later that evening.

Attachment 2606
    From last PM (WTH? More than 5 years since I've had a Two Hearted Ale):

Two Hearted Ale (bottled on 5/7/17)-Bell's Brewing

Drink fresh!

It also helps that it was $2 off at Total Wine this weekend so a 6er cost me <$7, making it even tastier at about $1.16/12 ounce bottle .

I thought the citrus and tropical scents and flavors were a bit more prominent with little floral or piney overtones. Bell's doesn't believe in IBUs but I think 60 is a reasonable guess as above. Same ABV. I think I'll make this my lawnmower beer tonight in about an hour.

Hiatus

Family returned from Costa Rica yesterday, late morning. Red eye flight and tired. Had Imperial, Imperial Light and Pilsen. Will review once rested. Twin boys just graduated HS (both going to GMU next year) and daughter graduated with Masters in Geography from GWU. Graduation present. Fun trip. I caught 5 roosterfish Friday and am still a little sore. Lost 4. Will post pics if the Capt. will send me the pics he took. Great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    devildeac beat me to it, so seconded.

Or perhaps do you ship?
    I do plan on getting to a football game/tailgating this fall. I always get to a few basketball games when the students are out, so delivery is possible then?

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I do plan on getting to a football game/tailgating this fall. I always get to a few basketball games when the students are out, so delivery is possible then?
    No tailgating for MBB games but fuse and I both live in the Triangle. We'll welcome you to the TrueBlue'CueCrew tent in Devil's Alley some game/s this FB season.

A Beer Camp collaboration. I'm intrigued. Who has any info about this brewery? Mattman? Is this one of the places you told me about/plan to visit this summer?

http://treehousebrew.com/

A Beer Camp collaboration. I'm intrigued. Who has any info about this brewery? Mattman? Is this one of the places you told me about/plan to visit this summer?

http://treehousebrew.com/
    East Meets West IPA?

Had it at SN a week and a half ago, it was pretty tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    East Meets West IPA?

And yes, that is one of the New England breweries I want to visit soon. Probably be a late summer trip next year.

For those of you here in the best state(NC) for great tasting beer, here is a list of the 50 best craft brews:

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Cha...t-Craft-Beers/

Hop Drop and Roll is my personal favorite but I haven't had a bunch of these yet
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Granite Falls Mustang Beach Golden Ale

I have become increasingly intrigued by the creative offerings from Granite Falls. This one is a golden ale brewed with lime and cilantro. It reminds me a little of Nodajito, but the lime features more prominently. And, because cilantro tends to be a rather polarizing herb, fear not: The cilantro flavoring is really restrained. If I didn't know it was present going in, I would never have guessed cilantro was part of the mix. A very tasty summertime beverage; kinda like an ale version of Corona-on-steroids.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

East Meets West IPA?

Yes, indeed. I thought it was excellent. Review tonight.

And yes, that is one of the New England breweries I want to visit soon. Probably be a late summer trip next year.
    I thought you had mentioned it to me. You'll have to time your visit accordingly and be sure you're in a private vehicle with a large amount of storage capacity (), because their hours for the sale of cans/growlers appear to be rather limited.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    For those of you here in the best state(NC) for great tasting beer, here is a list of the 50 best craft brews:

Hop Drop and Roll is my personal favorite but I haven't had a bunch of these yet
    I'll look at this tonight. HD&R is excellent but there are so many good NC beers to sample with so little time and too few hepatocytes.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post

I'll look at this tonight. HD&R is excellent but there are so many good NC beers to sample with so little time and too few hepatocytes.
    To clarify, the list is of just *Charlotte's* 50 best craft brews. Let that sink in.

The two pints of HD&R that I had during four fantastically entertaining hours at Topgolf in Charlotte on Sunday were just what the doctor ordered. No, not you, dd; the *swing* doctor.

East Meets West IPA?

Yes, indeed. I thought it was excellent. Review tonight.
    I believe this is the concept that Wise Man's Strike Fire German IPA is driving at, so I'll be interested in dd's review of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    To clarify, the list is of just *Charlotte's* 50 best craft brews. Let that sink in.

The two pints of HD&R that I had during four fantastically entertaining hours at Topgolf in Charlotte on Sunday were just what the doctor ordered. No, not you, dd; the *swing* doctor.
    But, I am available.